• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm simply giving you grief.

I'd prefer Kinlaw over any other 3-tech in this draft.

and there isn't that many DT's in this draft that are worth a shit drafting for this system.

Keep those latter three words in mind.

MP expects his DT's to be able to play and well at 3, 1 and 0 tech.

just read the Snacks Harrison article.

few DT's are capable of that.

I am hoping it is Undlin's defense this year and not Patricia's.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinlaw is a top 15-20 talent. Its not a reach. He may end up being even better then that.

2020 NFL Draft: Biggest pro and con for the top defensive linemen | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

DI JAVON KINLAW, SOUTH CAROLINA
PFF Draft Board rank: 13
Biggest Pro: Pop behind his hands

Six-foot-six, 310-pound interior defensive linemen are not supposed to be as athletic as Javon Kinlaw is. His explosiveness and agility are in the upper echelon, and when you mix all that with the power of his hands, you get yourself a monster in the pass-rush. Kinlaw feasted all year long in the pass-rush and earned an elite 90.7 pass-rush grade that ranked third in the FBS a season ago. What’s more, is that he did that while playing nearly a third of his reps at nose tackle.

Biggest Con: Very few moves

Kinlaw’s pass-rush move repertoire isn’t massive, but this is more of a con that is a pro. The fact he dominated the SEC as he did with very few moves is incredibly impressive. He is just scratching the surface, and he said that himself at the NFL Scouting Combine:

“I haven’t really scratched the surface with my pass-rush. A lot of the times, I just be out there bull-rushing – just walking guys back. So, I feel like once I get the right coaching, the sky’s the limit.”

That’s a scary thought.

BB_72: imagine what NFL coaching could do for him. quality NFL coaching and I'm a big Bo Davis backer as a DL coach even though last years DL was wrought with injuries. That had nothing to do with Davis' coaching ability

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping it is Undlin's defense this year and not Patricia's.

Keep dreaming.

1). Undlin is completely unproven as a DC
2). Undlin has barely proven himself as a DB coach

3). Patricia is so damn egocentric that it's damn near inconceivable to believe he'll have more than 4 DL at the LOS at one time (but once he took over for PP late last year he did employ some 6 & 7 man fronts with 1-3 dropping off)

one can dream though.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news guys BQ managed to sneak into BBs office and steal his top prospect list, so expect some major Patriot snipeage

1 Rodrigo Blankenship
2 Steven Wirtel
3 Tyler Bass
4 JJ Molson
5 Blake Ferguson
6 Dominick Eberle
7 Sam Sloman

1r0dpc.jpg

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news guys BQ managed to sneak into BBs office and steal his top prospect list, so expect some major Patriot snipeage

1 Rodrigo Blankenship
2 Steven Wirtel
3 Tyler Bass
4 JJ Molson
5 Blake Ferguson
6 Dominick Eberle
7 Sam Sloman

View attachment 239564

damn.

@broncosmitty has Mao Mao on point for this upcoming draft when BQ makes his final yet fatal draft mistake.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least BQ can no longer try to trade for Gronk.

That alone kind of saves our 2nd round pick.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• Prospects Lions have had contact with. Hard to find any definitive list. This is from Walter.

DET.gif
    Detroit Lions
  • Ross Blacklock, DT/3-4DE, TCU (COM)
  • Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State (COM)
  • Cameron Dantzler^, CB, Mississippi State (COM, VIR)
  • Raekwon Davis, DT/3-4DE/NT, Alabama (COM)
  • Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (COM)
  • Jeremiah Dinson, S, Auburn (EW)
  • Jalen Elliott, S, Notre Dame (VIR)
  • Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (COM)
  • Jon Greenard, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Florida (COM)
  • K.J. Hamler, WR, Penn State (COM)
  • C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida (COM)
  • Alex Highsmith, DE, Charlotte (EW)
  • Mason Kinsey, WR, Berry (EW)
  • Garrett Marino, DT, UAB (EW)
  • Colton McKivitz, OT, West Virginia (SR)
  • Zack Moss^, RB, Utah (COM, VIR)
  • Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State (COM)
  • Michael Onwenu, G, Michigan (VIR)
  • John Reid, CB, Penn State (EW)
  • Giovanni Ricci, TE, Western Michigan (EW)
  • Geno Stone, S, Iowa (COM)

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest highlight I keep seeing of Brown is when the dumbass tries to run off the field, realizes hes not gonna make it and stops right in the middle of nowhere. And ends up blindisiding a dude on what otherwise would have been a perfect play call.

I guess that's a good trait to have, screwing up and being in the complete wrong place. Nobody else on our defense seemed to stop anything by being in the right place, so it seems like a good shot in the dark.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notes: Dolphins may not want Tua, but still eyeing trade up with Lions?

On Tuesday alone, two new pieces of information dropped regarding that pick, and if either are true, it would have huge implications on the Detroit Lions and their third overall pick.

The first comes from MMQB’s Albert Breer who wrote on Tuesday that he “can’t find anyone who thinks Miami is taking” Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa.

unless they are infatuated by Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert and want to lock him up before the Chargers get a chance at him with the sixth pick.

But WAIT, there’s another potential outcome that I haven’t seen speculated anywhere else until Tuesday.

Julie Donaldson of NBC Sports in Washington D.C. is reporting that Miami is looking to trade up with the Lions for... get this... an offensive tackle:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been able to comprehend a fans perspective that player x isn't/hasn't become a pro bowl player so that player(s) skillset isn't worthy.

Pro Bowl selection is nothing more than a popularity contest, imo. Slay sure as hell wasn't deserving this past year and yet in 2017 he most certainly was deserving and wasn't selected.

So in theory. He still made the correct number of pro bowls so far then.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the player that Brown has been at the collegiate level but I don't see his value being in the top 8.

Can't disagree at all. This guy isn't a Suh type of prospect. shouldn't even be considered top 5.

I guess if we traded back and got some other nice picks it wouldn't be the worst scenario though.

I just don't see the guy mocked anywhere in the top 5-6 by any other teams. Would be much more happy with Okudah if we are stuck at #3 and Young is off the board.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we can trade for OJ Howard this draft? Dude is a stud.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notes: Dolphins may not want Tua, but still eyeing trade up with Lions?

On Tuesday alone, two new pieces of information dropped regarding that pick, and if either are true, it would have huge implications on the Detroit Lions and their third overall pick.

The first comes from MMQB’s Albert Breer who wrote on Tuesday that he “can’t find anyone who thinks Miami is taking” Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa.

unless they are infatuated by Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert and want to lock him up before the Chargers get a chance at him with the sixth pick.

But WAIT, there’s another potential outcome that I haven’t seen speculated anywhere else until Tuesday.

Julie Donaldson of NBC Sports in Washington D.C. is reporting that Miami is looking to trade up with the Lions for... get this... an offensive tackle:

In that scenario. Could get another small trade down with the Jags or something to #8 and possibly more picks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is his MO?
That he is a dumb ass?

It's easier for a CFB DL to come in and provide some impact, albeit less, than it is for a CB and the steeper learning curve they have.

Brown would be considered the safer pick but not the so-called higher positional value pick.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Dantzler^, CB, Mississippi State (COM, VIR)

What's the chances we take this dude in the 2nd?
He is a CB that runs a 4.6.
That tickles Quinn's balls.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easier for a CFB DL to come in and provide some impact, albeit less, than it is for a CB and the steeper learning curve they have.

Yeah but Okudah is elite for a prospect though. I am pretty sure he didn't even have a penalty against him last season.
Lattimore and Peterson were pretty bad ass right off the get go. Although he isn't quite the elite athlete that Peterson was coming out.