• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been a couple articles out from the Detroit area sports writer's thinking that BQ might lean toward the so-called safer pick in DT Derrick Brown over CB Okudah. Their reasoning was that Brown would provide more of an immediate return/impact (rush defense, pass rush ability, seal, contain) versus expecting Okudah to immediately be able to provide coverage against NFL WR for 6 seconds.

2020 NFL Draft rumors: Lions really like Derrick Brown

So keep that in mind when it comes to the latest rumor surrounding the Detroit Lions and their first-round pick. According to MMQB’s Albert Breer, the Lions have a draft-crush on Auburn defensive tackle Derrick Brown.

“I’ve heard rumblings that the coaching staff has taken a real liking to Auburn DT Derrick Brown,” Breer wrote in his Monday column. “I’m sticking with Okudah here, for now. But I think Brown is very much a possibility.”

If the Lions take Brown at 3, BQ should be fired before Friday's picks.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

Draft USC WR Pittman this year.

You might as well churn the roster for WR and RB instead of handing out huge payouts/contracts that'll cost so much they'll hurt the team down the road. jmo.

One caveat would be if your team has a legitimate chance at making a run through the playoffs for 2-3 years. No worries here as this teams roster is nowhere near that.
Amen.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions take Brown at 3, BQ should be fired before Friday's picks.

I like the player that Brown has been at the collegiate level but I don't see his value being in the top 8.
Personally I could see value in drafting him beginning at 9 through 15. The same would apply to Javon Kinlaw. imo.

If BQ somehow managed to trade down once or twice to get to nine then I'd have no problem with the selection of Brown due to the extra draft capital gained.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 NFL Draft: The top Day 2 and Day 3 budget prospects | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

Need: Explosiveness from the Slot
Early: WR K.J. Hamler, Penn State
Later: WR Darnell Mooney, Tulane

If your receiving corps needs some explosiveness from the slot, these two offer a ton of it. However, both players also have serious concerns about their hands.

Hamler dropped 12 of 68 catchable passes this past season while Mooney let eight of 55 catchable hit the turf. Those are rough drop rates, but both have the 4.3-type speed that makes you forget about it. While Hamler looks like a lock to come off the board within the top 50 picks, Mooney could fall all the way to Day 3.

BB_72: never was a fan of Hamler but damn I didn't realize he had that many drops

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 NFL Draft: The top Day 2 and Day 3 budget prospects | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

Need: Man-Coverage Corner
Early: CB C.J. Henderson, Florida
Later: CB Troy Pride Jr., Notre Dame

Man-coverage corners are characterized by their all-encompassing athleticism. You better have speed, change-of-direction ability and some physicality to get by in man coverage at the NFL level. Henderson quite obviously had that for the Gators, and it’s a big reason why he’s a potential top-10 pick. Pride wasn’t quite as sticky but was still fairly stingy downfield. He only allowed two catches that went for more than 20 yards all last season.

BB_72: Should BQ pass on Okudah at #3 I'd have no problem with drafting ND CB Pride or even Iowa CB Ojemudia. Neither should come off the board before 4th round. imo.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been a couple articles out from the Detroit area sports writer's thinking that BQ might lean toward the so-called safer pick in DT Derrick Brown over CB Okudah. Their reasoning was that Brown would provide more of an immediate return/impact (rush defense, pass rush ability, seal, contain) versus expecting Okudah to immediately be able to provide coverage against NFL WR for 6 seconds.

2020 NFL Draft rumors: Lions really like Derrick Brown

So keep that in mind when it comes to the latest rumor surrounding the Detroit Lions and their first-round pick. According to MMQB’s Albert Breer, the Lions have a draft-crush on Auburn defensive tackle Derrick Brown.

“I’ve heard rumblings that the coaching staff has taken a real liking to Auburn DT Derrick Brown,” Breer wrote in his Monday column. “I’m sticking with Okudah here, for now. But I think Brown is very much a possibility.”

That was my take a week or so ago. If a trade gets a done with Miami then we could easily take Okudah and trade up a few spots from the #26 and a couple of our other picks to get Kinlaw. Best of both worlds.

Last edited:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 things Lions fans need to brace for in the 2020 NFL Draft

Lions draft DT McTelvin Agim in the third round
Every year, Quinn surprises Lions fans with a pick on Day 2 that they know little about — Kenny Golladay, Tracy Walker, and Jahlani Tavai are prime examples. This year, if you don’t want to be surprised, the name to know is Arkansas’ defensive tackle McTelvin Agim. An intelligent 2-gapper, Agim has four years starting experience at defensive end and tackle, was a captain in 2019, checks every athletic box the Lions are looking for, can pass rush, set the edge, and is an excellent run stuffer.

BB_72: I like this player as a possibility to be drafted but not in the 3rd round. Drafting Agim in the 3rd round would be equivalent to drafting Tavai in the 2nd round last year. imo.

Lots of good DTs in this draft. No need to reach.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of good DTs in this draft. No need to reach.

It's exactly a BQ move. Take a player a round or two earlier than we as fans would expect.

That's what I was stating.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my take a week or so ago. If a trade gets a done with Miami then we could easily take Okudah and trade up a few spots from the #18 and a couple of our other picks to get Kinlaw. Best of both worlds.

1). Highly doubt Miami gives up #5 and #18 for #3
2). Highly doubt if that trade did occur that BQ would have the brains to draft Kinlaw

but in this scenario of yours I'd be down for that. Okudah and Kinlaw.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m scared shirtless we trade the 3rd pick to New England for Joe Thuney and some middle round picks.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1). Highly doubt Miami gives up #5 and #18 for #3
2). Highly doubt if that trade did occur that BQ would have the brains to draft Kinlaw

but in this scenario of yours I'd be down for that. Okudah and Kinlaw.

That should be 26 not 18. I changed it. 5 and 26 for 3 and 165

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should be 26 not 18. I changed it. 5 and 26 for 3 and 165

I'm simply giving you grief.

I'd prefer Kinlaw over any other 3-tech in this draft.

and there isn't that many DT's in this draft that are worth a shit drafting for this system.

Keep those latter three words in mind.

MP expects his DT's to be able to play and well at 3, 1 and 0 tech.

just read the Snacks Harrison article.

few DT's are capable of that.