• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Line Up

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the current lineup has been playing well and it is tough to make changes, but I am just looking down the line here a bit for when Morse comes back. Seager had a slower May and June, but is back on track in a big way in July so I am thinking he goes back in the 3 hole.

Miller
Franklin
Seager
Morales
Ibanez
Morse
Smoak
Zunino
Saunders

Any thoughts? Only thing I don't like is the Smoak/Zunino double play. Maybe swap them since Smoak has a better OBP and can catch a walk after a Zunino hit?

Do you not mess with Ibanez and just let him lead from the 3 spot?

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller and Franklin are staying put in spots one and two, but I'd swap Seager and Ibanez in the lineup you presented. Ibanez has better overall numbers batting third than Seager does and Seager has better numbers batting fifth than Ibanez does. Morales is good hitting cleanup and Morse has an OPS of 1.364 batting sixth. Granted, he's only batted sixth 3 times this year, but with Seager, Ibanez and Morales pretty much locking down the 3-5 spots, batting Morse sixth makes the most sense. I'm fine with putting Smoak after Morse in the 7 spot because Smoak hasn't hit 8th this year and with his bat coming around, I see no reason to move him down to that spot now. Besides, Zunino has been pretty good in the 8th spot and hitting well lately, so I'm not worried about him hitting into a bunch of double plays behind Smoak. That leaves the Saunders/Ackley platoon in the 9th spot with Saunders seeing more time than Ackley, as he has been much better than Ackley at the plate over the past month.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Morse back in the lineup wow...from 1 to 9 there's not an easy out

Look at our middle of the order guys...Raul, Morales, Seager, Morse, Smoak...5 power hitters back to back to back who are all capable of 20-25 hrs and hit for a decent avg

Last year it was like once we got past Seager and Jaso...it was an automatic out

Watching the lineup today...even without Morse I am confident in every one of our hitters except Ackley...but most 9 hitters are pretty mediocre anyways...so if that's our only gripe then we're more than good

seafan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Miller
Franklin
Seager
Morales
Ibanez
Morse
Smoak
Zunino
Saunders

Id switch saunders/zunino and depending how morse does id probably switch him and ibanez who is currently slumping.

Crazy to think the "cant miss" prospect that is or was dustin ackley cant even start for the seattle mariners.