• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Letter to Red Wings Fans

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Red Wings Fans,
In our now 30 years of owning the Red Wings franchise, we have experienced many ups and downs. No situation is more frustrating, though, than working through the process of establishing a new collective bargaining agreement. We join the rest of our organization today in thanking fans of Hockeytown for your patience over the last few months.

We are sorry for the delay in starting the season and the unfortunate public nature of the negotiations. Thankfully, with this new deal, we will be assured of a settled labor environment for many years to come.

We recognize that no team excels like this one has without incredible fan support. And we understand the special bond that has been formed over the years: we do not take lightly our responsibility as owners.

Thank you for being a part of our team. We look forward to delivering another memorable season of Red Wings hockey.

Sincerely,

mm_sig_small.jpg

Marian & Mike Ilitch

'bout time they said something, sheesh.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it took them this long to come out with that generic apology? yikes

give us discounted ticket prices and concessions and then i will start to take your apology seriously

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it took them this long to come out with that generic apology? yikes

give us discounted ticket prices and concessions and then i will start to take your apology seriously

I want free Gamecenter Live!

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i sure hope they do more than this to win fans back

Red Wings' training camp highlighted by Red-White game Tuesday; single-game tickets go on sale Thursday | MLive.com

Tickets for the home opener Jan. 24 vs. Dallas and all 24 home games will go on sale Thursday at 1 p.m. As part of the Red Wings Thanks for sticking with us initiative, the club and Ticketmaster have teamed up for 35 hours of no fees for any regular season ticket purchased. From 1 p.m. Thursday through midnight Friday, tickets purchased at Detroitredwings.com, Ticketmaster.com, the Joe Louis Arena Box Office or by calling 313-396-7575 will be Fee-Free.

quite frankly, i find this to be insulting

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't really say too much during the lock out. I am going to give Mike Ilitch a pass (on just about everything). He supports his teams and the city of Detroit

agreed

do bad he doesn't use some of his pizza dough,and get involved with the Lions

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't really say too much during the lock out. I am going to give Mike Ilitch a pass (on just about everything). He supports his teams and the city of Detroit

i agree that he supports his teams but the wings have one of the most loyal fanbases around. i think we deserve more than fee free tickets and a generic apology

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

do bad he doesn't use some of his pizza dough,and get involved with the Lions
I like how you think.

I wrote a letter to the editor of the Freep many years ago. I said Dear Mr. Ford. Please sell your team to Mr. Illitch.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KuklasKorner

Wings ramp up efforts to 'thank' fans; Giveaways and prizes await fans at Joe Louis Arena this season

DETROIT – The Red Wings are back! And as a way to say ‘Thanks for Sticking with Us’ the Original Six franchise plans to celebrate the extraordinary passion and support of their loyal fans.

At the opener on Tuesday, January 22, fans at The Joe, along with fans who follow the club via traditional and online media, will have a chance to win prizes including a trip to a Red Wings’ road game, autographed Wings merchandise, televisions, tablets courtesy of AT&T, $200 gift cards from Kroger, and much more.

On opening night, fans will be treated with 50 percent discounts on sodas and draft beers, and 30 percent off Red Wings merchandise for three games in January.

this is more like it

euroasia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Red Wings, please give us something to cheer for this season!

Zetterberg DO IT, BE GREAT!