• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's talk draft

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the season is not officialy over...if ATL wins out and SEA and MIN both lose out...the 3 way tie somehow gets ATL in over MIN.

But...a snowball on MIAMI Beach stands better of making it to JAN than the Falcons chances of making the playoffs.

Split is starting to look reasonably to close at 8-8...kind of 12 to 15 draft spot.

Walter Football...LaQuan Treadwell, WR...Ole Miss, his previous pick was Shaq Lawson, DE Clem

Sports Blog...Leonard Floyd, DE/OLB...UGA

Forgot site...Robert Nkemdiche, DT...Ole Miss

Discuss...feel free to add your own player.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reasonable I meant to say.

Well...looking at the games played this year...these are areas that I would not draft a player really high...QB, RB, LT, CB...everywhere else is probably fair game.

imo....C, and both OGs need to be upgraded or get much better performance....the Dimitroff regime would never consider a OG in the 1st round.

The Treadwell pick is enticing...idt Roddy is finished, but you really need him to slide into a WR3/4 role at a lower cap hit for next yr...if he stays. I wouldn't go this route, but this kid is pretty good...would make an excellent sidekick to Julio outside, with Hardy in the slot.

Floyd...thin frame for a DE...imo doesn't fit Quinn's style...much like Beasley, he needs to bulk up and I think 4-3 DE makes sense, but he can play in space as a 3-4 OLB. No.

Nkemdiche...his ATL hotel incident might knock him into the middle of the draft...I like his talent. Not an edge rusher, but has quick feet for a DT...I think he will help make Vic better. Not the Falcon's MO, but I would consider this guy in the area where ATL is probably going to be drafting.

Other guys I like in the 12 to 15 range.

DeForest Buckner...DE/ORE...a bigger 4-3 body, imo a potential strong side DE starter.

Emannuel Ogbah...DE/OK St...Bosa will be the 1st DE off the board most likely, but this kid might be the best pass rush on the board.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Treadwell have a big injury last year? Nkemdiche Is a monster...I don't know how we could possibly pass him up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nkemdiche...I agree...idk a ton about this draft class yet, but have seen this kid play a few times now...Probably was top 10...if he comes into the combine clean and has a good combine, he probably shoots back up to the top 10.

Although I think he can handle 3-4 DE, but I think he might be the best interior DL of the class fitting a 4-3 scheme...he has top tier potential. Is there's an edge guy out there with his potential? I'm not sure there is.

Treadwell...that injury was the year before I think...not aware of him being injured now. I would look in the 2nd/3rd rd for a WR...Robiske is noted to be one of the top WR coaches in the game...he certainly coached up the top 3 WR the Falcons had in Roddy, Julio, and HD...all have improved under his coaching.

DeRunnya (what a name) Wilson, from Miss St...is a raw kid, but has the size @ 6'4, 215 and catches the ball well.

Jayron Kearse is a freak...SS, CLEM...6'4'' 220, athletic enough to be a decent cover S...maybe too risky to take mid 1st round. If PIT doesn't take him later in the 1st I'd like to see him in ATL in the 2nd.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second thought...scrap Kearse...on that kickoff return for 6...He had the angle on that kid and never even closed the gap on him...unless that kid is running 4.2...Kearse might be too slow I think.

Love the ILB from Bama, Ragland...Lawson showed impressively on a gimpy knee...should be an option.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second thought...scrap Kearse...on that kickoff return for 6...He had the angle on that kid and never even closed the gap on him...unless that kid is running 4.2...Kearse might be too slow I think.

Love the ILB from Bama, Ragland...Lawson showed impressively on a gimpy knee...should be an option.

I doubt Lawson falls to 17, but would be great

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Lawson falls to 17, but would be great

You're right, not after that game. Falcons are in a good spot still because they have other needs that will be available @ 17...I trust Quinn (more than Dimitroff for certain) to be able find an edge pass rusher outside of the 1st round.