• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Bears Mock Draft v. 2

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is in the event Nelson is either gone at 8 or Pace simply wants to start the draft with a defensive player.

1. Tremaine Edmunds, OLB/ILB/EDGE Virginia Tech
6'5, 253 lbs, runs a 4.54 40 - and still shy of B-Day #20? Whew!! This man-child probably has more upside than just about anyone in the draft. May not be a day one starter, but will be in for a lot of plays and will figure prominently when on the field. Fangio is likely drooling over this pick.
Alternative: Roquan Smith, ILB Georgia - Best ILB in the draft and the defensive player most likely to start for the Bears right out of the gate. A faster, more talented Danny Trevathan.
Alternative: Harold Landry, OLB/DE Boston College - Probably a bit too high for the #8 slot, so he may be a candidate if Pace drops back in a trade. Fierce and aggressive, his motor never stops.
Alternative: Marcus Davenport, OLB/DE UTSA - Also too high for #8, but this is one big, fast, strong player tailor made for a 3-4 defense.

2. Isaiah Wynn, OG/OT/C Georgia
Solid blocker at both the pass and run who most likely projects to G or C, altho he has played T as well. He gives us much versatility and would have a good shot at starting from day one.
Alternative: Will Hernandez, OG UTEP - Early on this human mack truck, who is as strong as an ox, was my original pick for this slot. But he has risen in the ranks to the point that he is almost undoubtedly a mid-late 1st round selection. So I expect him long gone by the time #39 rolls around - but you never know!
Alternative: James Daniels, C Iowa - Chose him if the Bears would rather play Whitehair out at G. Personally, I'm for Cody snapping the ball.

4. Breeland Speaks, DE Ole Miss
A DT who could easily transition over to the DE spot in the 3-4 set up. Strikes me as a Fangio type of DL.
Alternative: Josh Sweat, DE/EDGE Florida St. - Another good candidate for the 3-4 set up. Quite fast for a man of his size, very similar in size and combine numbers to Edmunds.

4. Deshon Elliott, S Texas
As you can see, I simply swapped Elliott and White from mock v.1, as I like either player at this spot in the draft.
Alternative: Kyzir White, S West Virginia

5. Alex Cappa, OT Humboldt St.
A DivII 1st Team All American, quite athletic, and I think it could be a steal.

6. Davontae Harris, CB/S Illinois St.
Showing a little in-state love here. He has good size and coverage skills, plus he's a hard hitter.

7. Antonio Callaway WR - Florida
Perhaps no player in the draft whose stock might sink lower than this guy's. Potential 1st/2nd rd talent with 7th Rd/FA issues. Explosive, would also make for a good STer. But this guy is trouble with a capital T.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to think that if Pace is going D with the first pick, it will be Smith, not Edmunds. The growing consensus amongst the analysts is that Smith is without question the most day-one ready defensive player in the draft, at least when it comes to front seven personnel. I'll be happy if either one is taken.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to think that if Pace is going D with the first pick, it will be Smith, not Edmunds. The growing consensus amongst the analysts is that Smith is without question the most day-one ready defensive player in the draft, at least when it comes to front seven personnel. I'll be happy if either one is taken.
Isn’t smith seen more as a 4-3 LB than and a 3-4 LB?

In the first round, the picks I could see Pace making are Nelson, Edmunds, Landry, or Davenport. I don’t know his preference between Ward or Fitzpatrick, but one could probably be selected early on too. Smith doesn’t strike me a pace selection.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t smith seen more as a 4-3 LB than and a 3-4 LB?

In the first round, the picks I could see Pace making are Nelson, Edmunds, Landry, or Davenport. I don’t know his preference between Ward or Fitzpatrick, but one could probably be selected early on too. Smith doesn’t strike me a pace selection.
Actually, he's perfectly suited for a 3-4, altho with his athleticism, he could also handle the 4-3. Now your statement about him not really being a Pace type of selection, I agree 100%. But things are always changing in the NFL, and maybe Pace's type of player as well.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody think there's a possibility that Pace trades up again for Chubb?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I would like to see Chubb in a Bears uniform, I sure would hate to surrender additional picks. Maybe Pace would get creative and trade back on other his other draft spots to help make up for the loss. But I'm still very much toward him staying home and grabbing a really good player at #8.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to sway towards Edmunds. I think the NFL and sports in general have become a young man's game. This kid is 19, and already a physical freak of nature. He will grow.

If Nelson is gone, I think Edmunds is the guy. I could see him moving outside and becoming a force as he gets bigger.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Pace needs a HR with this 1st. Might be our last top ten pick in a long time. It would leave us with major holes but I don't think Pace is looking at this year only. He is building for the long haul.. Not likely but possible for sure.