• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's all enjoy some forced labor baseball

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my point was that I don't really see how this couldn't have been done anyway in the absence of any clause. IANAL but it seems like a simple matter of contract law.
Hey and if they don’t show then they are in breach of a legal contract and subject to forfeiture of their 2020 paycheck

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey and if they don’t show then they are in breach of a legal contract and subject to forfeiture of their 2020 paycheck

Pretty much, yes.

But keep in mind that they weren't the ones trying to renegotiate here, I don't think there's much reason to believe that they wouldn't/won't show up en masse under the previously agreed upon terms.

Last edited:

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right.

Make an error in that league and you get executed by an anti-aircraft gun.
They would probably have a hard time making sure KJU hit a HR every time at bat if the NK games were actually televised.
You may have heard that Kim Jong Il had something like 10 holes in one the first time he played a round of golf...

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 game season

10 games against each team in your division

20 games against corresponding NL division (East vs East, etc)

This is going to be weird.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would probably have a hard time making sure KJU hit a HR every time at bat if the NK games were actually televised.
You may have heard that Kim Jong Il had something like 10 holes in one the first time he played a round of golf...

"Heard" will get you reported. I haven't heard it, I know it. :wink:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 game season

10 games against each team in your division

20 games against corresponding NL division (East vs East, etc)

This is going to be weird.

We are finally going to have to declare our veteran keepers in my sim league and I have some decisions at the margins that may require thinking about trades. I don't know if it's weird that this is what I am thinking about with this news, I swear I am still a fan :wink:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so fast

USA Today's Bob Nightengale clarifies that only players who themselves are considered "high risk" can elect to sit out the 2020 season and still receive their full pro-rated pay.
Nightengale had reported on Tuesday night that players who "cohabitate" with a high-risk individual, including a pregnant spouse, would be allowed to abstain from participation in the 60-game campaign and still get full pay. Now comes word that those players can go on a three-day maternity list and be paid, or if it's family emergency, be paid for a maximum of seven days. If the player still needs more time after those seven days, writes Nightengale, it's up to the club's discretion to pay their salary or not. Mike Trout, Gerrit Cole, and Bryce Harper are all expecting children with their significant others this summer, and there are surely more on that list
:suds:

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“barely qualified”

You know what they call the person who graduated last in their med school class? Doctor.

You can pick the sunflower seed shells out of MY shoes any day.
No, they weed the lower grading people out before they even have their first pre practicum. Even if you get B grades and technically pass all your classes, you wont sniff being a doctor.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are finally going to have to declare our veteran keepers in my sim league and I have some decisions at the margins that may require thinking about trades. I don't know if it's weird that this is what I am thinking about with this news, I swear I am still a fan :wink:

Since I mentioned sim league and this detail is so crazy I have to tell it, currently at the halfway point Kurt Suzuki is a little less than 4 hits above the Mendoza line for me. Not overall though, just on balls in play. His BABIP is a disgustingly bad .229.

So his batting average must be terrible, right? Nope, he's actually second on the team, hitting .289. He is batting .500 in Three True Outcomes, or in other words he has as many HRs as strikeouts. One of the craziest batting lines I've seen even though it's been just half a season.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I fucking give up

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black outs are only when a game is televised nationally, I believe. Fox/ESPN pays for exclusive rights, local/regional networks don't. Nothing to do with attendance.

Could be wrong. Pretty sure I'm not.
Actually you're right, that's the NFL that does blackouts based on attendance. If MLB did that I'd never see a Pirates gamr locally.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at one of my grandson's little league game tonight. As silly as it may sound, it was awesome watching live baseball.

Play ball you rich pussies!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you're right, that's the NFL that does blackouts based on attendance. If MLB did that I'd never see a Pirates gamr locally.
Most people will never notice MLB blackouts. It's almost only those Saturday midafternoon games that air on Fox midsummer.

And Sunday Nights on ESPN, which bother me since their crew stinks.