• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Left Wing Problem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the link. That actually helps. So does the CapGeek link in that link's comment section.

NHL Salary Cap FAQ

The only confusing part is that your link doesn't say what Iginla's bonuses are, just that they are attainable. Also, that is a pretty big factor, to have up to $4 extra million in bonuses.

I would be okay with throwing incentive bonuses at Penner. If he comes through, his cap goes up, but if not, no harm.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on CapGeek?

Check this one out: NHL Salary Cap FAQ
Is Jeremy Welsh's 2011-12 cap hit a typo?

Short answer, no. Jeremy Welsh's cap hit for 2011-12 is technically $17,945,000, the highest in NHL history. The long answer follows.

When a one-year contract containing bonuses is signed after the season has started, and is effective for the then-current season, the standard cap-hit formula is adjusted to the following:
[ ( base salary * days remaining in season / days in season ) + total signing and performance bonuses ] * days in season / days remaining in season
Examples of this in the past are entry-level contracts for Welsh with Carolina and Jesse Winchester with Ottawa in 2007-08 and Mats Sundin's one-year deal with Vancouver in 2008-09.
JEREMY WELSH
Base: $832,500
Signing bonus: $92,500
Performance bonus: $0
Signed on: April 7, 2012
Days in season: 185
Days remaining: 1

[ ( $832,500 * 1 / 185 ) + $92,500 ] * 185 / 1 = $17,945,000

** NOTE: Welsh's cap hit of $17,945,000 is compliant with Section 50.6 (a) of the CBA — the "20 per cent rule" — because his actual cap charge could not exceed $97,000 based on the date he signed.

MizzouDodger24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we really need Penner. Flat out, he has been a difference maker in the Playoffs and losing him will seriously cost us a series if he is gone. I understand that he is up and down, and mostly down during the season, but he is really needed.

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's been as big of a difference maker as that and we should still be able to find someone to replace what he brings and hopefully chip in a little more offensively during the year.

I'm watching all of these teams make moves during the offseason and I feel like LA needs to do something eventually. I know their cap situation makes that difficult but I see a lot of teams improving while LA isn't doing a whole lot.

LA is still a great team no doubt but right now I'm not sure with them going into next season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that's where I'm at. Other teams have definitely been building up. Lots of douchebags in the West now too. Cooke in Minnesota, Torres in SJ, and Ribeiro now in Phoenix. Plus Oilers have been getting some toughness in their lineup to compliment their skill. Dallas making moves, Blues adding some offense. Going to be very tough in the next next, but LA is still right there on the cusp.

But LA is up against the cap because they built so much the past few years (Plus locking up Doughty, Quick, Voynov in the last two season), so it might be a good year to let things fall where they may and get the younger guys into the lineup. I really think we are right there with competing and are definitely there if we can get another top 4 defenseman.

I know I have mentioned this before, but Kopitar is the biggest factor. $6.8mil cap hit, 2nd only to Doughty now, and the guy completely no-showed for this past Playoff run. Before that, he was golden, and was a difference maker (Even THE difference maker on a lot of night). I am hoping he was just hobbled a little and will be back to his old self.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our prayers have been answered:

The Kings have signed 21-year-old left wing Maxim Kitsyn to a three-year entry level contract

:dance: :llama: :dance:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Our prayers have been answered:

The Kings have signed 21-year-old left wing Maxim Kitsyn to a three-year entry level contract

:dance: :llama: :dance:

LOL, I would prefer Cleary on the 3rd line and let's Pancakes walk. Let Toffoli work with Richards and Carter as his skill would be wasted on the 3rd line.

trburns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have to wait and see through the arbitration cases and go from there on the cap. I like Cleary. However, I really want to see Toffoli take the spot. See what the kid can do and if he's not performing try and add a scorer at the deadline; worked in 2012.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Penner is gone which opens up the spot for Toffoli. With the cap could we go get Cleary only the 3rd line?