• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leffe Blonde Belgian Ale

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll have inspired me to broaden my horizons. So instead of Budweiser, Natty light, Busch lite, etc that I normally drink, I have been trying new beers. I must admit it's kind of like when I started drinking wine and every time I popped a cork it was a new adventure.

Leffe is this weekend's journey. Just popped the top on the first one. I'll be back later tonight to report on my findings.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll have inspired me to broaden my horizons. So instead of Budweiser, Natty light, Busch lite, etc that I normally drink, I have been trying new beers. I must admit it's kind of like when I started drinking wine and every time I popped a cork it was a new adventure.

Leffe is this weekend's journey. Just popped the top on the first one. I'll be back later tonight to report on my findings.

Not the biggest fan of Belgians. I like em. They don't like me.

If you like them, hoegarden should be your next step. Fransiskaner and Paulaner also make wonderful Hefeweissens.

Also, find Pilsner Urquell and Carlsberg. The first is a Bohemian Pilsner, and the second is a German Pils. Both awesome for different reasons. With your previous drinking history, they're right up you alley, but are better recipes.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you like them, hoegarden should be your next step. Fransiskaner and Paulaner also make wonderful Hefeweissens.

Also, find Pilsner Urquell and Carlsberg. The first is a Bohemian Pilsner, and the second is a German Pils. Both awesome for different reasons. With your previous drinking history, they're right up you alley, but are better recipes.

Going to the store tomorrow. I shall look for these, but unless I drive into Charleston (45 minutes) my options are limited out here in the country.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leffe was pretty good. That 11.2 oz bottle felt a little petite in my hand though.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the store tomorrow. I shall look for these, but unless I drive into Charleston (45 minutes) my options are limited out here in the country.

Dammit. :llama: Country. Dammit.

Do this. Check in with the locals and see what you've got access to. Let me know and I'll give you some advice.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I didn't see anything on your list, but the Paulaner and it was a Dunkel (?) and I was unsure about it. I mixed and matched and got a bunch of pale ales and 1 blonde.
Starting with the blonde: Affligem blond. Very similar to the Leffe. Is this what all the Belgian Blondes taste like? These are fairly easy on the taste buds for a noob. I like it.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ran out of gas last night and only managed to drink those 4.

I've got an Highland Kashmir IPA, a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, a Palmetto Amber, and 5 more Terrapins left for today. Headed out to the beach this afternoon, so I'll be packing them in the cooler.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:cheer2:

Hoegaarden!! I don't know what is about that beer but I can drink it all night.

Where is the tracking sheet of beers tried with relative rating?

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

that one is pretty standard fare around here...I like the porter and stout as well...

Is Anchor Steam on the todo list?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that one is pretty standard fare around here...I like the porter and stout as well...

Is Anchor Steam on the todo list?

I actually had a six pack of Anchor Steam in my hand and then put it pack for the Terrapin 6. But yes, I am gonna try as many as I can stand. Probably just steering clear of the stouts and dark brown for now. Although a friend of mine and I were talking tonight and he said with my taste for bourbon that I might like some of the darker stuff that has been aged in old bourbon barrels, so I might give it a shot.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Hat: Not Quite Pale Ale

Magic Hat. Nice. I'm in the American Brewer's Guild (basically a degree in brewing), and the last lecture I watched was from the woman who set up Magic Hat's lab and QA/QC regimen.

i like the majority of Magic Hat brews that i've had, but one that i cannot stand is the #9. hate, hate, hate it. i'd rather not drink than drink a #9

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

thats basically my go to beer if i'm not looking to something i havent tried before, or rarely drink. only a few bucks more than bud light and well worth every extra penny

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like the majority of Magic Hat brews that i've had, but one that i cannot stand is the #9. hate, hate, hate it. i'd rather not drink than drink a #9

I'm pretty sure it had a big ole number "9" on the label.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it Number Nine and on the label it says "Not Quite Pale Ale"...it's an american pale ale, with apricot extract (thats the part that turns me off)...luckily my gf likes it, so whenever i buy a Magic Hat variety 12 pack, she gets three No. 9's, and i get the other 9 beers:D