• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron a Laker?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Lakers are eyeing Lebron and I'm sure they will put together the most attractive offer they can to get him!!

I've said that I think he stays in Miami, but I will not dismiss their ability to put together a very attractive offer that could land him!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title of the article should have been "teams with enough cap space will be eyeing Lebron in 2014." Not a lot of NBA news for ESPN to report these days!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same story line is on Fox Sports and Yahoo Sports!! ESPN can go screw themselves!!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish people would just stop talking about 2014 already. There is no news. Anyone that reports anything in regards to a player is just purely speculating. Just STFU and enjoy the upcoming season. At least wait until the trade deadline to start talking FA. Because by then, you'll actually have a clearer picture about what teams' plans will be next summer.

BTW, the Lebron talk begins and ends with one simple question: Are the Heat 2013-2014 NBA champs? Because if the answer is "yes", there's no fucking way he's leaving a shot at 4 straight championships on the table. That alone renders all FA talk whether its LA, Cleveland, etc moot.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with Wild Turkey on the Lebron issue. I'm more interested in seeing how Kobe Bryant fares. When will he return, and how productive will he be?

As great a player as Lebron is, I really wouldn't be disappointed if the Lakers didn't get him. I just see more drama in store for the Lakers with Lebron on board.

I want to see a team that plays like a team, leaves the egos at home, and is hungary to win. I don't care if the Lakers have the best players if they don't win. It's about winning Titles, not about having the greatest player at any given time. It helps, certainly, but if that was the case, Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant would both have more rings.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with Wild Turkey on the Lebron issue. I'm more interested in seeing how Kobe Bryant fares. When will he return, and how productive will he be?

As great a player as Lebron is, I really wouldn't be disappointed if the Lakers didn't get him. I just see more drama in store for the Lakers with Lebron on board.

I want to see a team that plays like a team, leaves the egos at home, and is hungary to win. I don't care if the Lakers have the best players if they don't win. It's about winning Titles, not about having the greatest player at any given time. It helps, certainly, but if that was the case, Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant would both have more rings.

:agree:nice post. i'm with you 100% on this one...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be avoiding these articles/threads like the plague this year, I just know it lol.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not been involved in the Lebron debate here on the SportsHoopla. My absence is indicative of what I think about the whole sorted affair. I have made my thoughts known on other Lakers threads and they are pretty much summed up by Silas!! Thanks man and good to hear from you!

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God no. I cant stand Lebron but looking from a talent perspective the Lakers have to make a run at him. I cant stand the thought of him being a Laker. Personally we should go after Wall or Irving plus Paul George as they will all be free agents

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't feel like the Heat play like a team, leave their egos at home, and are hungry to win?

Lets break it down.
Name me any other team whose stars have more trust in their shooters and role players then the Heat do?

Egos? The Heats roster is loaded with players who sacrificed the all mighty dollar in order to make winning the # 1 priority.

Hungry to win? 46 out of 48 possible playoffs wins since the Big 3 united, while winning the last 2 titles.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah: I will only state this once, pretty much like retro and others, I won't talk 2014 or Labron until we have looked at 2013, good or bad. That is a put down on every player that will wear the uniform this next season.:nod: When we get there, we will have plenty to talk about and the drama will be all Hollywood to be sure.:laugh3:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally we should go after Wall or Irving plus Paul George as they will all be free agents

They will all be restricted free agents, and their teams can match any offer (and will for those 3). If they were truly available, I would definitely go for them first.

I think it's much more reasonable to expect signings more along the lines of Lowry, either Deng or Granger, Blatche, and Gortat. Bring back Kobe and Pau for under $10M each (if they will, otherwise you can't afford all of these names together).

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't feel like the Heat play like a team, leave their egos at home, and are hungry to win?

Lets break it down.
Name me any other team whose stars have more trust in their shooters and role players then the Heat do?

Egos? The Heats roster is loaded with players who sacrificed the all mighty dollar in order to make winning the # 1 priority.

Hungry to win? 46 out of 48 possible playoffs wins since the Big 3 united, while winning the last 2 titles.

My comments had nothing to do with the Heat. The Heat are presently the League Champs, so obviously they've done what it takes to win a Championship. Frankly, they've modeled themselves after MANY a Laker Championship team. Afterall, it took a Laker, Pat Riley, to turn their trash into a winning team.

There are plenty of teams who trust their shooters, etc.. Winning a Championship takes a lot more than simple trust.

Any way, as I stated, I don't really pay much attention to the Heat or Lebron James. There really isn't much to say about him until he is available on the Player market again. Until then, I'm only interested in what the Lakers are up to.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comments had nothing to do with the Heat. The Heat are presently the League Champs, so obviously they've done what it takes to win a Championship. Frankly, they've modeled themselves after MANY a Laker Championship team. Afterall, it took a Laker, Pat Riley, to turn their trash into a winning team.

There are plenty of teams who trust their shooters, etc.. Winning a Championship takes a lot more than simple trust.

Any way, as I stated, I don't really pay much attention to the Heat or Lebron James. There really isn't much to say about him until he is available on the Player market again. Until then, I'm only interested in what the Lakers are up to.

'sides, it's like i always keep saying, it isn't a MUST to have LeClown to win a title...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been stating all along that the Lakers need to rebuild their scouting department and find the next "Kobe" in the draft. The big elite talent comes from the draft and the last couple that we have had were found there such as Magic, Worthy, and Kobe. The first mode of corporate direction should be building from the draft. Lebron started as a rookie like everyone else. Now he has a lot of wear-and-tear on that body just like everyone else. So, we should not be looking to sign Lebron and Melo first. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been stating all along that the Lakers need to rebuild their scouting department and find the next "Kobe" in the draft. The big elite talent comes from the draft and the last couple that we have had were found there such as Magic, Worthy, and Kobe. The first mode of corporate direction should be building from the draft. Lebron started as a rookie like everyone else. Now he has a lot of wear-and-tear on that body just like everyone else. So, we should not be looking to sign Lebron and Melo first. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

While I don't necessarily disagree with this, you have to remember that things were a bit different back then. There was no lottery. The Lakers got Magic and Worthy because they had made trades a few years earlier in which they received a lesser teams 1st round pick and those teams happened to be terrible in the years when it came time for the Lakers to use those picks.

Similar situation with Kobe who was drafted 17th and then came to the Lakers in a pre-arranged draft day trade.

With the lottery and all of the "one and dones", it is much more of a crapshoot now!! The Lakers could pull off another trade similar to what got them Magic and Worthy or tank a season, end up with the worst record and still not end up with the #1 pick.

The main reason that I'd like the Lakers to re-build the scouting department back to previous levels is to find those "under the radar" players that become big contibutors. Guys like Michael Cooper and Derek Fisher!!