• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

League office apparently leaks details of looming Ezekiel Elliott suspension

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on the one hand we have a player with a history of doing this sort of crap, yet there is no proof in this instance. On the other hand we have Roger Goodell and his history of incompetence. I can literally seeing this going anywhere from a small fine to a lifetime ban. Good God when will they follow up on their promise to get Goodell out of discipline?

Better yet get Goodell out of the commissioner chair. Kraft and Jerry should be able to handle that task.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better yet get Goodell out of the commissioner chair. Kraft and Jerry should be able to handle that task.

People realize that Goodell is just a puppet of the Owners right? They pay him good money to be the bad guy so they don't take the brunt of the criticism.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People realize that Goodell is just a puppet of the Owners right? They pay him good money to be the bad guy so they don't take the brunt of the criticism.

Yes, but if he keeps hurting his most powerful owners then he will be ousted.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but if he keeps hurting his most powerful owners then he will be ousted.

My guess is the NFL is stuck with Goodell until the next labor agreement. The owners will use him being fired as leverage against the players and say they have some kind of say in who gets hired next. That person still will just be a puppet to the owners and we will have the next Goodell with another 7-10 year deal in place.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's good at one thing, making them money. But I have to believe you could sit in that chair and make them money, it's a goose laying golden eggs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good at one thing, making them money. But I have to believe you could sit in that chair and make them money, it's a goose laying golden eggs.

Really to me his job isn't all about making money. As I have said his main job is being the punching bag so the owners don't have to be. I mean everything that goes wrong in this league is just thrown at Goodell. The owners continue to look good while they bring in billions and see their franchise values increase like crazy. It is the perfect set up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not like Goodell is complaining or anything. I mean he makes huge money. More than any player in the league from the sound of it. he made $44.2 million in 2012, $35 million in 2013, and $34 million in 2014. Goodell and Brady in the same time span of 2007-2015 Goodell made $55 million more in that span. Now that doesn't include Brady's deals with other companies but just shows he is paid well to play the bad guy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is the NFL is stuck with Goodell until the next labor agreement. The owners will use him being fired as leverage against the players and say they have some kind of say in who gets hired next. That person still will just be a puppet to the owners and we will have the next Goodell with another 7-10 year deal in place.

Sounds like a good plan. Let Goodell get the union all worked up, the owners fire him as a sacrificial lamb, and then get basically the same shitty terms but the players will think they won something.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much. Just stay out of your own way and you could lead the NFL to riches

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps I am not to familiar then with what is going on. Is the shirt incident what he is getting in trouble for? I thought this was for DV. If they suspended him for just pulling her shirt down, then fine, there is evidence of that. If there is no evidence of DV then how can you suspend him. My point is, TB got 4 games for soft footballs. DV is way beyond that. SO the league has to start at 4 games and go from there. That is the mess I am talking about. Every punishment that is of serious magnitude has to start at 4 games...then again, unless you play for the Giants.
I don't disagree. I am just saying Elliot is in this mess because of his bad decision making. The league didn't create it. Now what the league does in terms of punishment is a crap shoot.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if this happens, the NFL should be sued into obscurity. Josh Brown was charged and ADMITTED to beating the shit out of his wife repeatedly and the NFL gave him a single fucking game a year later. Zeke has proof the bitch is lying and they are discussing a lengthy suspension?

Fuck Goodell and Fuck mara twice.
Adding fuel to the fire. Can you say walkie talkie = fine only. That was only because those cheating Gnats were caught on tape. Rog wanted it to go away but couldn't hide it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the punishment fits the crime and the simple fact is there haven't been any crimes according to the law. Of course I looked biased as a Cowboys fan but this sets a ridiculous precedent that players can get suspended for shit that was never even prosecuted.
This is what NE fans were saying after the Brady debacle. :noidea:
It won't change until the next CBA. Prior to that every fan of a player getting suspended without proof will sing the same song.
Well there is another way a player could get off. Become a NY Gnat player or associate with the Indianapolis C*nts.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this has a lot to do with how the NFL mishandled the Rice case, then the Josh Brown case.
IMO if the NFL finds he did what the girl says he should get the 6 game minimum the league had set, if they don't have that evidence he should get no games.
Oh you mean like the $25k fine for alleged equipment manipulation? Sorry doesn't work that way in today's NFL under Heir Roger.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the 48 hour mark is today. so we should see today