• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

League office apparently leaks details of looming Ezekiel Elliott suspension

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Posted by Mike Florio on August 7, 2017, 11:57 AM EDT

Two years ago, someone at 345 Park Avenue leaked to Stephen A. Smith of ESPN the notion that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady had destroyed his cell phone in connection with the #Deflategate investigation. Within a day of the leak, Brady was suspended four games due in part to the allegation that he’d destroyed his cell phone.

Now, it seems like someone at 345 Park Avenue has leaked to Cris Carter of FS1 the notion that Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is about to be suspended, with some eye-opening details.

Via Ryan Glasspiegel of TheBigLead.com, Carter said on FS1’s Undisputed that “in the next 48 hours I would be shocked if Zeke was not suspended.” Carter added that, “based on the information that’s going to come out, it’s going to be fairly easy to determine that something happened to this woman in her four days of being with Zeke.” (The specific allegation is that Elliott committed five acts of domestic violence in a six-day window.)

Carter described the situation as a case of “assault or domestic violence,” and Carter hinted that “when the information comes out there’s going to be some similarities” to Tom Brady’s suspension, including “information that he had been advised possibly to give up, that was destroyed.”

Carter ultimately suggested that Elliott’s banishment will be in the range of Brady’s four-game suspension. If this happens, it will contradict multiple proclamations from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones regarding the absence of any evidence of domestic violence.

That said, there’s no guarantee that Carter’s comments will be borne out by the eventual facts. He was careful to couch his terms in a way that would protect him from @OldTakesExposed, stopping short of reporting anything but merely sharing what he’s hearing. (Then again, Smith used similar tiptoe terms with Brady, prompting a negative reaction from him to our posts on the issue and generating some of our all-time favorite drops from his daily radio show, including “Mike Florio needs to grow the hell up” and “Would you please break a damn story?”)

If what Carter is hearing is accurate, it’s likely not a coincidence that someone from the league office saw fit to prime the pump by leaking startling information about Brady’s case in 2015 and now Elliott’s case to one of the weekday morning #EmbraceDebate shows. Getting inflammatory information into the public domain now makes it less stunning when the league issues its press release.

It’s nevertheless odd that the league office would see fit to hand such sensitive information regarding crime and punishment to a player who once urged rookies to arrange for a fall guy.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good

scumbag

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a load of shit. Cleared legally of all wrongdoing but they are going to punish him instead for something stupid like "not being forthcoming enough".

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a load of shit. Cleared legally of all wrongdoing but they are going to punish him instead for something stupid like "not being forthcoming enough".
d1b349f19c8f148be35794b15c23c0f9.gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Elliott beat that woman he should 100% be suspended and convicted for the crime.
If he didn't he should not be penalized at all.
I guess we will have to wait to see the "evidence"

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Elliott beat that woman he should 100% be suspended and convicted for the crime.
I guess we will have to wait to see the "evidence"

Thing is, Roger doesn't need evidence - if Elliot even remotely looks like he's covering up something: out comes the "more likely than not" and "conduct detrimental to the league" jargon.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, just like OJ!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, Roger doesn't need evidence - if Elliot even remotely looks like he's covering up something: out comes the "more likely than not" and "conduct detrimental to the league" jargon.
Sure, but those are just ways of following through when we all know what happened, but maybe we can't "prove it". I don't think he will suspend Elliott or anyone else unless the evidence (whether it be concrete, circumstantial, shaky, whatever) honestly brings him to that conclusion.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but those are just ways of following through when we all know what happened, but maybe we can't "prove it". I don't think he will suspend Elliott or anyone else unless the evidence (whether it be concrete, circumstantial, shaky, whatever) honestly brings him to that conclusion.

That's what they said about rumors of Brady getting suspended.....:billb:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

based on what? Because his body of work indicates otherwise.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what they said about rumors of Brady getting suspended.....:billb:
Big difference between tbe two.
Text messages pointed to Brady at least knowing about the drflation, wheras in the Elliot case text messages point to the "Victim" lied about the assult.
That said, I'll echo Jarntt, if he assulted her, suspend him, and get the local authorities back involved.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference between tbe two.
Text messages pointed to Brady at least knowing about the drflation, wheras in the Elliot case text messages point to the "Victim" lied about the assult.
That said, I'll echo Jarntt, if he assulted her, suspend him, and get the local authorities back involved.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Either way, its a distraction now, ( in camp) they might not talk about it, but it's got to be starting to build a little..

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will this suspension come before or after Dez gets suspended for his assault video that Adam Schefter saw but not really kind of?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all know he will suspended. The number of games is what we don't know. Anybody that follows jerruh knows he is always wrong about what godell is going to do. 4 to 6 games is what I would suspect and probably gets dropped from 2-4. Godell always likes to start high so the players will accept less,which then justifies the suspension. Financially this is very bad news for zeke, especially if he suffers a career ending injury

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all know he will suspended. The number of games is what we don't know. Anybody that follows jerruh knows he is always wrong about what godell is going to do. 4 to 6 games is what I would suspect and probably gets dropped from 2-4. Godell always likes to start high so the players will accept less,which then justifies the suspension. Financially this is very bad news for zeke, especially if he suffers a career ending injury

And if this happens, the NFL should be sued into obscurity. Josh Brown was charged and ADMITTED to beating the shit out of his wife repeatedly and the NFL gave him a single fucking game a year later. Zeke has proof the bitch is lying and they are discussing a lengthy suspension?

Fuck Goodell and Fuck mara twice.

JOZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ban this sick fuck for life! he seems to be nothing but trouble. pre-emptive brand help!