• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

League needs to allow challenges on PI calls

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold the refs accountable …. No reason why the league should allow this …. You only have so many challenges a game so why not allow them on PI call's especially when there obvious bad call's … NFL would lose there Vegas cheat sheet is probably the only reason they won't allow it… Refs scare me man…

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously something needs to be done to hold them accountable for shit calls

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced that previous opponents have complained to the league office about our corners' physical play and the league is responding by having the officials crack down on it by making PI calls that are debatable at best and awful at worst. That's the only thing that can explain some of the calls being made.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. I've been arguing for penalty challenge flags for 2-3 years now. Teams should get the same challenge rules but also 2 penalty challenge flags. If you exhaust ALL normal+penalty challenges and have NO timeouts to spare you are assessed a 15 yard penalty + loss of down. That would discourage coaches from just BS using it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible. Reviews must be incontrovertible and unless there is no contact it couldn't be reversed.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced that previous opponents have complained to the league office about our corners' physical play and the league is responding by having the officials crack down on it by making PI calls that are debatable at best and awful at worst. That's the only thing that can explain some of the calls being made.

What I saw today really solidified my thought as well because I mentioned the exact same thing after the Monday night game.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then Pete needs to be sending tape of these horrific calls to the league office as well.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible. Reviews must be incontrovertible and unless there is no contact it couldn't be reversed.

"incontrovertible"

Yet almost all are. Shush.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the PI calls on the Seahawks should have been nullified because the ball was uncatchable and there was not nearly enough contact to suggest that it would have been catchable without the contact. Anyway... I've seen non-calls that featured more contact than some of the PI calls against the Seahawks the last few weeks. I don't want to suggest that there's a conspiracy, because I don't think there is, but some consistency in the calls would be nice.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League needs to allow NFL players to play football. Period.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PI's a judgement call so I don't see how you could make it reviewable. Also, if there's contact and no call do you want that to be reviewable? How about uncatchable balls? Should they review PI calls for that? It just opens up a can of worms. But the bottom line is that the TB coaches were probably bitching and moaning into the refs ears about the physical play by our secondary and they were quick to throw flags. Hopefully the league says something to that crew about what is and isn't PI and we don't see ridiculous calls like that again.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Carey and his crew always seem to try to screw the Seahawks when he's assigned to our games he played college football for Santa Clara University and my feeling of him although completely unfounded in any evidence is that he's a 49ers fan.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Carey and his crew always seem to try to screw the Seahawks when he's assigned to our games he played college football for Santa Clara University and my feeling of him although completely unfounded in any evidence is that he's a 49ers fan.

I think he's got more professional integrity than that. Let's not go spouting conspiracy theories now.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's got more professional integrity than that. Let's not go spouting conspiracy theories now.

I don't that guy is terrible there is a thread about him on another Seahawks site today for a reason. Just stating my opinion of him not saying it's a fact.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of the biggest way's refs can cheat in the NFL …. Pi call's and holding call's … They can literally stop and offense in it's tracks or give and offense a free 50 yard play down field or a free 1st down in any situation… HOLD the refs accountable and allow challenges on these play's … This will phycologically make them think twice about calling ridiculous call's in fear of looking stupid on the replay's… Coaches only have so many challenges per game so it won't slow things down much at all… NFL preaches integrity and fair play, PROVE IT THEN…. Because we all know it's very possible in human nature for someone to cheat especially when there is BIG money involved … Show some integrity NFL and show your commitment to fair play…

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of the biggest way's refs can cheat in the NFL …. Pi call's and holding call's … They can literally stop and offense in it's tracks or give and offense a free 50 yard play down field or a free 1st down in any situation… HOLD the refs accountable and allow challenges on these play's … This will phycologically make them think twice about calling ridiculous call's in fear of looking stupid on the replay's… Coaches only have so many challenges per game so it won't slow things down much at all… NFL preaches integrity and fair play, PROVE IT THEN…. Because we all know it's very possible in human nature for someone to cheat especially when there is BIG money involved … Show some integrity NFL and show your commitment to fair play…

How complicated is "it would be impossible to overturn any play with any contact?"

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How complicated is "it would be impossible to overturn any play with any contact?"

Still hold refs more accountable … And there are plays they call where there is CLEARLY no holding or contact … Slight contact is allowed anyway and shouldn't be called PI … I like it from a phycological aspect because it will put pressure on the refs to not call ridiculously stupid PI call's knowing it COULD be challenged… Coaches only having so many challenges wouldn't waste um on so so call's… JUST the ridiculous ones…

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else see the C'Mon Man last night where the ref called PI on a CB on a play where he was playing 4 feet off the WR the entire play? Never even touched him. Ridiculous

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else see the C'Mon Man last night where the ref called PI on a CB on a play where he was playing 4 feet off the WR the entire play? Never even touched him. Ridiculous

:lol: I thought of this thread when I saw that play on C'Mon Man.