• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leaf's Bolland to have surgery

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Hawks Stanley Cup winning goal scorer Dave Bolland was injured in tonight's game for the Leafs vs Vancouver.

Bolland was cut in the left ankle by a skate. It was reported that he had a lacerated Achilles tendon and was scheduled for surgery tonight. His injury was reported to be similar to that of Erik Karlsson's last season, which sidelined him over two months. Travis Zajac of the Devils had a similar injury/surgery and was sidelined for over 4 months.

Bolland had 10 points in 15 games.

Not to be a jerk, but isn't this Bolland's MO while he was with the Hawks? Staying healthy for an entire season has always been an issue with Bolland, and was just one of the reasons the Hawks traded him to the Leafs and parted ways with his $3.2 million a year salary.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure was his m.o. While this may have been a freak injury, it was just a matter of time before he hurt SOMETHING. Shame.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats too bad, he really kept the leafs from pounding the hawks thru the glass.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he recovers and comes back 100%. Might be best for Toronto to have him out now. He'll come back, play well and then get another olympic break.

Freaky injury, but I agree that he was going to be injured at some point. I hope he plays well enough to land a big contract elsewhere this summer. I still have no idea why Nonis traded for him with all their contract mess seeing as how they already had a durable McClement.