• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Latest Crazy Mariota Rumor: Three-way trade involving Titans, SD's Philip Rivers

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why the 2 teams want Bradford to be included in a deal. The Titans get Rivers, and the Chargers get Mariota. Unless they need the Eagles to kick in some draft picks, why do they need us? I would like MM, but this doesn't make sense to me.

Cause Mariota doesn't fit MOST offenses. He's not your typical pocket passer.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause Mariota doesn't fit MOST offenses. He's not your typical pocket passer.

He doesn't fit the professional game. He needs a ton of work and it's no sure thing that his mind and body can handle it. Some of you people will have to see it before you even barely begin to understand.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't think it will happen and its all really just speculation...But at the end of the day, its about who want who.
- Clearly Whisenhunt loves Rivers.
- And Rivers is at the point in his career, where he can probably force a move if he really wants to. He could refuse to sign and just sit out ala Carson Palmer if he wanted to. So if Rivers really wants out, he can get out.
- And everyone knows that Kelly loves Mariota. Arguably, Mariota will have more success with Kelly than anyone else. With Kelly, there is a minimal learning curve and he starts from Day one. In any other offense, its a projection. I watched the Gruden special on Mariota the other day. You can see why some teams may not like the guy. He is not exactly Mr. personality or the vocal leader type. Anywhere but Philly, its going to be an adjustment for the guy.
- We really don't know what the Chargers like? Its all together possible that they may be as intrigued by Bradford as anyone, and a little skittish on Mariota. Sure they hate to lose Rivers, but they may not have a choice.

So all in all, the idea of essentially a three way swap. Mariota to Philly, Bradford to San Diego and Rivers to Tennesse could make some sense. Its all speculation IMO, but its not unreasonable. And if it is happening, we really won't know until Tennessee is on the clock. You can't tip your hand before then. I am sure it would also be more complex than a simple three way QB swap. Philly would likely need to give up their 1 plus a bunch more.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- And everyone knows that Kelly loves Mariota. Arguably, Mariota will have more success with Kelly than anyone else. With Kelly, there is a minimal learning curve and he starts from Day one. In any other offense, its a projection.

Actually he has a massive learning curve in learning NFL defenses. Learning an offense is rather simple, people setup here and people go there, it's the defenses that he has to be able to react to and do it in a blink of an eye against the eleven best players he's ever played against. No matter where he goes he has to learn that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams trying to up the price for the Eagles.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams trying to up the price for the Eagles.

The Rams especially have an interest in getting Fletcher Cox out of the conference.