• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another sign Philly made trade up: Kelly may be shopping Foles

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several teams, including St. Louis Rams, are ready to make a deal for Eagles' Nick Foles | NJ.com

We're four months out from the draft, but speculation continues to build that Philly may be doing all it can to trade up to select Marcus Mariota. The latest story fueling these rumors is that Chip Kelly may be willing to deal Foles. If so, it's unclear how far up Kelly may want to trade to ensure he'll get his boy from his cheating days in Eugene.

Tampa is sure to draft a QB, and most view them as suitors for Winston. If they aren't, Kelly better start looking at Plans B, C through ZZ. The issue then is Tennessee at #2. If they're in the market for Mariota, I'm not sure Philly will have nearly enough to move all the way from #20 to #2. If we gave up three first rounders and second rounder to move up four spots from #6 to #2 in 2012, Philly would have to -- at a minimum -- give up its #20, its second rounder this year, its first rounders the next couple of years, and a couple of players like Nick Foles, Fletcher Cox, LeSean McCoy or other parts of Philly's young nucleus of talent. Or they could get a little creative. For instance, Philly could deal Jordan Mathews to the Browns, who are in dire need of a receiver, for their #12 overall. Philly could then package that pick with its #20 and its first rounder next year, for the #2 pick.

Of course, this all becomes moot if Tennessee decides to bag the Mettenberger experiment and nab Mariota. But I'd doubt that since Metterberger hasn't been given much of a chance to prove his worth (or lack thereof) yet. On that assumption, and that's still pretty iffy, the next two teams at #3 and #4, Jacksonsville and Oakland, don't need a QB and therefore won't take Mariota.

Then, we are where the buck stops with Mariota. Why? Because if we don't take him, the Jets surely will at #6 overall. Thus, we (could) become Ground Zero in terms of dealing Mariota to Chippy.

If that's the case, what do we get?

Their #20, second rounder this year, and either their first the next two years, or their first in 2016 and someone like a Fletcher Cox, Connor Barwin, Lane Johnson or Jason Kelce.

Just my two cents on this.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I hope we trade down with them. Im sure Scot could do some damage with all those picks

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to trade down with Philly and takes lots of thier picks in the process....and yes...after us is the Jets looking for a QB...however.....the Jets could look to leapfrog us and take a QB at 3 or 4 though!!!!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Love him," one NFL coach said of Foles. "Right now I would put him in the second or third tier of quarterbacks, but I think he is right on the cusp of being in the top tier at the position."

Who is this idiot?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Love him," one NFL coach said of Foles. "Right now I would put him in the second or third tier of quarterbacks, but I think he is right on the cusp of being in the top tier at the position."

Who is this idiot?

foles on our team would be the best one on the roster now 2nd tier would be high 3rd just about right depending on tiers i would say 13 -16 is about right

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles and picks to the Titans for Mariota.

Make that call, Chip. :hope:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
foles on our team would be the best one on the roster now 2nd tier would be high 3rd just about right depending on tiers i would say 13 -16 is about right

I agree, 13-16 is about right but of course a lot of his success could very well be his situation My post was more about the part where that coach claims he is on the cusp of joining Aaron Rodgers in Tier 1. That is insane.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, 13-16 is about right but of course a lot of his success could very well be his situation My post was more about the part where that coach claims he is on the cusp of joining Aaron Rodgers in Tier 1. That is insane.

look he isnt luck rodgers manning , brady , brees , big ben , rivers wilson romo flacco , eli but now when you mention ryan , newton , and company i feel like he will be slotted about in that area behind those guys

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is a good quarterback. If we had him on our team without losing any picks I would not complain, and I believe he would start right away.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is a good quarterback. If we had him on our team without losing any picks I would not complain, and I believe he would start right away.

Foles would be a good fit in Grudens offense. If the Eagles Redskins trade rumours come to light I could see him thrown in the mix.