• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last place Dodgers a complete embarrassment

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A couple weeks ago I wrote that I was proud to be a Dodgers fan after watching the movie '42'. That's still true. It will always be true. I will always be proud of the Dodgers franchise during the years 1890-1989. During those first 100 years the Dodgers had a rich history filled with tradition, passion, heart, character and success.

Every special Dodger moment that I can remember and hold dear from my childhood was pre-1989.

1989-current has SUCKED!!! We've had to endure horrible ownership. We've had to endure royal underachievement. We've had to endure unbelievably bad offense. We've had to endure being forced to root for a bunch of spoiled, entitled, unlikable, lazy turds who play with zero heart, zero passion, zero energy and zero love of the game.

And over the past several years we've had to do this while our biggest rivals up north have been BY FAR the best run franchise in baseball.

I had high hopes with the new ownership last year. But so far the only thing that has changed is we are now underachieving and playing with just as little heart & chemistry as we did before, only with players that are making a ton more money.

Dodgers are a lost cause. We will never be good again. I'm going to go home tonight and rewatch (for the 100th time) my 1988 World Series video just so I can be reminded that a long time ago the Dodgers actually played like they cared and were worthy of having fans.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are a lost cause. We will never be good again. I'm going to go home tonight and rewatch (for the 100th time) my 1988 World Series video just so I can be reminded that a long time ago the Dodgers actually played like they cared and were worthy of having fans.

This would've been the perfect time to ask you to join the Angels bandwagon but our wheels are in worst shape than yours to handle one more fan...

the grass is always greener on the other side you know they say ....but our whole neighborhood sux lately.:rollseyes:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cursed with loving the Padres but at least we have satisfaction in beating up on the Dodgers and Giants who have starting pitchers with salaries higher than our whole roster. And I beg to differ but the San Francisco Giants are NOT the most well-managed team in baseball. Dollar-for-dollar they bought a team and things fell into place. The very same thing could have happened to any number of high-salary franchises.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres aren't in last anymore :D

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres aren't in last anymore :D

I noticed that last night! What a total humiliation and frustration for the Dodgers organization. Did anyone see Magic Johnson on Leno last night? I was curious if Jay gave him hell about the Dodgers.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cursed with loving the Padres but at least we have satisfaction in beating up on the Dodgers and Giants who have starting pitchers with salaries higher than our whole roster. And I beg to differ but the San Francisco Giants are NOT the most well-managed team in baseball. Dollar-for-dollar they bought a team and things fell into place. The very same thing could have happened to any number of high-salary franchises.

Dollar for Dollar the Giants bought what has happened? I couldn't disagree more....Respectfully, of course:

Drafted: Buster Posey, Pablo Sandoval, Brandon Belt, Brandon Crawford, Matt Cain, Madison Bumgarner and Tim Lincecum. Not to mention Sergio Romo.

Free Agent BUSTS: Barry Zito and Aaron Rowand.

Trades that worked out: Angel Pagan, Cody Ross, Hunter Pence and Marco Scutaro.

Just because the re-signing of homegrown talent has brought us into the upper-tier of payroll while Zito is still on the books, does not mean the Giants "bought" anything.

They did what good organizations do: Draft talented players, develop them, and when the time comes re-sign them.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and by the way....I am refugee from the CBS boards.

I come in peace to the Dodger board.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you Bronco and glad you found this site like so many CBS refugees. I haven't seen any of the other CBS Giants' fans on this site, yet.

Bronco is a great Giants' fan and very baseball savvy. He is a welcome addition to this site.

As for the Giants........they have built their team the way every organization should do it. It's hard to fault an organization that runs their team the right way even if they are the bitter rival.

It's not the Giants' fault that the Dodgers are struggling. That situation is a combination of injury and poor front office management. The Dodgers are doing certain things well, but we havn't seen the results of that yet. As frustrated as I am I will always cling to my Dodger loyalty.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and by the way....I am refugee from the CBS boards.

I come in peace to the Dodger board.

And we're glad to have you. Open, informed debate is welcome here. It is not welcome on the Giants board.

The Giants ability to win is based directly on their ability to sign or resign high-salary players. Thus, they're consistently in the top 90% for team payroll. Thus the fact that they bought and paid for a team. They're nowhere close to the shamelessness of the Dodgers this year and the Yankees forever. But let's not sit here and pretend that this has to do solely with superior management because that would be foolish.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you Bronco and glad you found this site like so many CBS refugees. I haven't seen any of the other CBS Giants' fans on this site, yet.

Bronco is a great Giants' fan and very baseball savvy. He is a welcome addition to this site.

As for the Giants........they have built their team the way every organization should do it. It's hard to fault an organization that runs their team the right way even if they are the bitter rival.

It's not the Giants' fault that the Dodgers are struggling. That situation is a combination of injury and poor front office management. The Dodgers are doing certain things well, but we havn't seen the results of that yet. As frustrated as I am I will always cling to my Dodger loyalty.

Thank you Silas. I appreciate the nice words. Glad to see you have landed here as well. I have yet to see any of the other Giant posters either....A good portion of the Denver Broncos board made it over, so I am hoping the Giants posters make their way to this site as I have come to enjoy the lack of trolls.

I agree with you 100%......the Dodger Front Office has not helped. Injuries have come in a wave and that is hard to overcome. It's a long season however.

Cheers to a fun summer.....:suds:

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we're glad to have you. Open, informed debate is welcome here. It is not welcome on the Giants board.

The Giants ability to win is based directly on their ability to sign or resign high-salary players. Thus, they're consistently in the top 90% for team payroll. Thus the fact that they bought and paid for a team. They're nowhere close to the shamelessness of the Dodgers this year and the Yankees forever. But let's not sit here and pretend that this has to do solely with superior management because that would be foolish.

Well, I wouldn't want to sound foolish.....so, that is why I never made an absolute statement about the Giants being built cheaply. I realize the Giants have re-signed some of their players to pretty big deals. Well....honestly, in my opinion they are doing nothing more than using the rewards that come with two rings. Now, please don't take that as some sort of backhand comment to talk smack about winning rings...cause it's not...

What I mean by that is, look at the history of the Giants spending. They have had to break the bank recently, in order to keep together a group that has become very good together. Before that it was terrible FA signing after terrible FA signing because we were hoping to run into a ring during the tail end of the Bonds era......

Where else is there "BIG" money on their current roster? It's been tied up in Barry Zito and Aaron Rowand (until he was finally sent packing, thankfully)....and their contracts were inflated grasps at straws in my opinion.

Yes, they have paid a good amount of money the last few years. But, it's a bit of a reward to the players and the fans. As you said, nowhere near as disgusting as the other big spenders.

In a way....I guess we are both right.

Sort of. LOL

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Shoktart, for once I'll have to agree with you. I wouldn't go so far as to say the Dodgers will NEVER be good again. But yup, right now they are an embarrassment.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, ho hum.......the Dodgers lose again and only serve to support Shoktart's point.

Dodger fans will probably need to settle in for a real shellacking over the next few weeks. Before long we will probably be talking about what the Dodgers need to do to get ready for the 2014 season.

This team does not look good at all. :gaah:

I will say, however, that whatever the Dodgers end up doing with the Roster that they should keep Nick Punto around. He busts his butt day in and day out. If the other 24 guys played like he does we'd have something to cheer about.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's sad when the season is over on May 8th. But there is no way this Dodger team is capable of doing anything this season. They simply don't care.

Scrap the ENTIRE roster. Yes, even Kershaw. Love him, but he's stained with the putrid smell of being around these losers for the last several years. We need a completely new start with entirely new management and new players. I'd rather go 0-162 for the next 5 years if it meant eventually building a real team that plays together with heart and chemistry like the Giants than I would continuing to shell out hundreds of millions of dollars into underachieving losers who shame the good name of the Dodgers organization every time they put on their uniform.

We continue to get swept at home by ALL of our division rivals. That is U.N.F.O.R.G.I.V.A.B.L.E.

I hate everything about this Dodger team.

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a total embarasment to see these overpaid Dodgers in LAST PLACE. I've always said it's not where you start the season, it's where you end the season, but the way thing are going this early in the season, I sure hope the Dodgers are able to make a run at the NL West Title.

Dodgers need to pull thier you know what's out of thier you know where and start playing some ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I sure hope the Dodgers are able to make a run at the NL West Title.
Me too. There's nothing wrong in hoping. I speak in extreme language and hyperbole to vent and release frustration. But I secretly always cling to hope that I'm wrong.

Problem is that when it comes to sports, especially the Dodgers, I'm rarely wrong.

I can just look at this team and their body language and everything is wrong. It's just wrong. And I can't really explain it very well. I say all the time that they don't play with heart. That's true, but that's a cliche and general way to describe what I'm seeing. Maybe this is a better way to put it.

They play the game of baseball as though the game of baseball is a burdensome chore that they can't wait to be over so they can get back to their otherwise exciting lives.

They play the game of baseball as though they have already arrived. They have already sucked so much personal wealth and fame out of the sport, they have no more use for it, other than to fulfill a contract.

They play the game of baseball out of a sense of duty, not out of a genuine love of the game. And it shows.

Yes, baseball is a long and tiresome season. No one can give 110% while wearing a genuine smile every single moment of every single game. That's not what I'm talking about. But I know the difference between a professional athlete that is just going through the motions and a professional athlete that genuinely loves and appreciates the game, and has a burning passion and desire to succeed and give back to the game and the fans that have given him so much over the years.

You know the difference too.

Unfortunately this Dodgers team is filled with the professional athletes that are simply going through the motions. Yes, there is the random Nick Punto that fans can get behind. But when the best players don't really care, the Nick Punto's of the world aren't really going to matter.

Clayton Kershaw is on the mound tonight with the Dodgers in desperate need of a win to avoid a 7 game losing streak and from being swept at home by ALL FOUR DIVISION RIVALS in the first 33 games of a season (which is beyond comprehension).

Maybe he'll pitch great and we'll win. Maybe. He's a great pitcher with amazing talent and I'm sure he wants to do what he can to earn his paycheck. He's a professional. He's actually one of the more likable Dodgers since at least he's productive. But I never see any passion with him. Never. And that's fine. Could just be a personality thing with Kershaw.

But just once I'd like to see the Dodgers play with a little urgency. I'd like them to show at least 1/10 of the amount of emotion that the fans endure. I'd like to see Kershaw rally the troops a little. He's the leader of this team, or at least he should be. Don't just play because you have to. Play because you want to. If they start doing that, even if it doesn't translate to wins, it will at least show through in their body language and maybe I could get behind them again.

Until that happens this team is simply a disgrace to sports.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoktart I wonder why you post really, panties up the crack, lost your car keys, dog died, you are always negative. It is a embarrassment, especially considering the dollars out but you would drether have them lose 162 games for the next 5 years if they could become the GIANTS? Your not a Dodgers fan, win lose or draw. I never want to be like the Giants. I don't care if they won 2 out of 3 world championships, we have to mirror THEM? Never. The fact you have wrote the Dodgers off on May 8th just shows you lack of a spine. I will root for them reguardless if the are 100-62 or 62-100, I am a Dodgers fan, win, lose or draw.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way bronco welcome. I also don't dislike shoktart but he is always so negative where I look at sports as a get-away from reality occupation. My post says I am a Giants hater, not really, they are the Dodgers brother. Even though my only brother is a Giants, 49ers and Warriors fan and I root for Dodgers, Rams and Lakers doesn't mean I hate him. But I don't want to be them either. One Giants fan I really miss from the SeeBS days in kahuna, a Giants fan for sure but a baseball fan most of all.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Shoktart I wonder why you post really, panties up the crack, lost your car keys, dog died, you are always negative.

Not always. I'm fairly new to this board but those that remember me from the CBS board know that I was extremely positive and optimistic when the new ownership finally brought the Dodgers back to their rightful place as a Big Market player and potential contender someday.

But that someday won't come with the current GM & manager. They are clueless on how to build a winning team and then how to motivate them to play hard.

I have nothing but love for the owners. For now. They are providing the necessary money, and that's their most important job. But they also need to recognize that you need smart management so hopefully some heads will roll sooner rather than later.

I simply say how I feel. And I am prone to hyperbole, which I use for effect and should not be taken literally.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I do completely agree about Shoktart, this manager and GM do need to go. But I don't think it is mostly about the players, the motivation Donny baseball is giving is completely clueless. I know your a fan, we have gone back and forth on CBS over some things over the years but we BOTH are fans of the Dodgers.