• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Las Vegas Golden Knights

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas will be granted a 48 hour window prior to the draft to sign any pending free agent (RFA or UFA, one per team) that was left unprotected. If a team loses a player to Vegas during this signing window they will not have a player selected from their roster during this draft.[7].

Interesting tweak in the Expansion Draft that I hadn't previously seen. I guess its to prevent teams from coming to "hand-shake" agreements with their pending UFAs. i.e. .... Leave them unsigned prior to the Ex. Draft in order to save a spot on the protected list.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas will be granted a 48 hour window prior to the draft to sign any pending free agent (RFA or UFA, one per team) that was left unprotected. If a team loses a player to Vegas during this signing window they will not have a player selected from their roster during this draft.[7].

Interesting tweak in the Expansion Draft that I hadn't previously seen. I guess its to prevent teams from coming to "hand-shake" agreements with their pending UFAs. i.e. .... Leave them unsigned prior to the Ex. Draft in order to save a spot on the protected list.

Yup - they have cracked down on the handshake deals we saw so much during the 1998 (Nashville) and 2000 (Minne-SODA) EDs. There were backdoor deals all over the place if I recall, two involving LA (one was they traded Jan Vopat and Kimmo Timonen to Nashville so they would not take Garry Galley) and another one protecting Jamie Storr.

Teams are going to feel it this draft, the NHL wants Vegas to come out competitive. Bettman has taken heat for yet another non-traditional market expansion team being trash, citing Phoenix (NHL run) and Atlanta (defunct - twice) as evidence why they should not be given any more over a Canadian franchise.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Forbort is playing on the first paring with Doughty, I am wondering if the Kings will give serious consideration to protecting 4 defensemen. According to Cap Friendly website, Matt Greene needs 22 more games to be Expansion Draft eligible. If so, he would satisfy the "1" d-man exposed requirement.

The way the defense has been hurting the last 2 years, I can see this happening. Keeping the D intact (re-signing McNabb too) would be a big boost heading into next year. Not to mention that ginger kid, LaDue, who hopefully can develop into a NHL d-man in a year or two (he is a right-shot!).