• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers 2014 Pre-Season Game Thread!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the skill set he has he should drive to the basket a helluva lot more than he does. if nothing else he'd get a lot of foul call opportunities...

and let's face it, with his small hands he better stick to 2-handed dunks...:lol:

Jordan was so strong going to the hole with those giant mitts. Big difference between him and Kobe.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan was so strong going to the hole with those giant mitts. Big difference between him and Kobe.

yeah i was remembering Eldon Campbell when he was a Laker while i was watching Johnson blowing one-handed dunks. dude had some REAL small hands for a cat 6-11" but they'd always talk about his "upside" so much...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

used to remember a guy named Connie Hawkins who used to play for the Suns when i was first into basketball. that guy had some HUGE hands...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
used to remember a guy named Connie Hawkins who used to play for the Suns when i was first into basketball. that guy had some HUGE hands...

When I was 9 and 10 ('71 and '72) my aunts, who were huge Suns fans paid for me to go to Dick Van Arsdale's Basketball Camp. They would have different NBA players come in each day to talk to us and show us some skills.

Connie Hawkins was one of the players and easily the most memorable. In one of them (I forget which) he did a few dunks for us (including his signature "Hawk Swoop"). Then he says "You guys want to see me dunk 2 basketballs?" Of course, we all yelled "Yeah".

After he dunked the 2 basketballs, he said: "You guys want to see me dunk 3 basketballs?" We're now officially going nuts. He runs to the hoop, leaps into the air, throws all 3 basketballs way up in the air and runs out the gym door. It was hilarious.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I watched Connie Hawkins growing up as well. What a player. Right up there with guys like Bob McADoo, of course Chamberlain, Baylor and the icon. Memories.

Congrats CL67 on the gramps status. Very cool indeed. The contribution to young lives that you have provided and will provide is literally priceless. I have seen and worked with the damage to kinds when they have neither parents or grandparents. Devastating to say the least.

Suddenly we have some serious speed and quickness on this team in Randle, Johnson, Lin, and Clarkson. Athleticism has also returned as mentioned in guys like Davis and Johnsons. That core mentioned above is a pretty damn good one and all they need now is playing time together. I see wins on the horizon.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i was remembering Eldon Campbell when he was a Laker while i was watching Johnson blowing one-handed dunks. dude had some REAL small hands for a cat 6-11" but they'd always talk about his "upside" so much...

The Serta Sleeper, Elden Campbell. Man, that guy would look like an All-Star for a few games and then look like a D-leaguer for a few. Wildly inconsistent. I enjoyed the 90s Lakers. Big fan of Van Exel, Jones, and Peeler.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Serta Sleeper, Elden Campbell. Man, that guy would look like an All-Star for a few games and then look like a D-leaguer for a few. Wildly inconsistent. I enjoyed the 90s Lakers. Big fan of Van Exel, Jones, and Peeler.

Nailed it about Elden. Man, was that guy frustrating. I was a big fan of Jones and Peeler. I was a Van Exel fan until that whole playoff thing where he already had his plane tickets or whatever for vacation during the playoffs.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was a huge Eddie Jones fan. I was sad when he got traded. :sad2:

I also loved Sedale Threatt, and Cedric Ceballos.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis gets the start, Lin is in for Price, and Wes Johnson is shooting threes.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Davis is just flat awesome. Price had a kneecap on kneecap. Looks like Clarkson is going to be the back-up till Price gets back.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice lay-up by Lin and the D was great on the other end and then Johnson got a tad intimidated by Cousins. He should have elevated and slammed it home.