• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lacy for McCoy

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having a hard time deciding if I should veto this trade its Eddie Lacy for LeSean McCoy straight up last week the same owners traded Terrance Williams for Joique Bell and I let it go through even though I thought it was kind of questionable.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the league is 0.5 ppr

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they were/are both considered top 5 backs so it's not like it's that egregious of a coup. However, I'd be on the fence about letting it pass too.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams for Bell isn't a bad deal. Lacy was a consensus top 7 pick, so can't say much about that...although I'm sure the McCoy owner could have taken Lacy instead.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but I don't see how you can veto either one of those deals. I personally wouldn't trade McCoy for Lacy, but it's not outrageous. The other deal I don't see a problem with at all.

Just because someone wants to make a potentially dumb move doesn't make it vetoable.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Shady owner is thinking Sproles is gonna take just enough away from him to make Lacey a better play? Personally I'm starting to think the Packer's D is gonna take just enough away from Lacey to drop him out of the top 10 before the season is over but it is still just week 2.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way you can veto this deal. Lacy was coming off the board as the #3 RB in a lot of drafts this summer. He will get one track sooner or later. Still to be seen how much Sproles effects McCoy. Especially if the plan is to continue to sub out McCoy for entire drives.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umm no way u can veto that, ppl that veto deals generally dont analyze first

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they're a couple and I was pretty sure the husband was trying to make his wife's team better. I don't value Lacy anywhere near as much as you guys I thought he was more of a 2nd round guy in ppr coming into the season grouping him with guys like Bernard, Ball, and Bell. McCoy was the number one guy on my board. Maybe I'm wrong though I didn't realize so many people thought so highly of Lacy.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the fence here... the point is not whether Lacy is a top 5 or not, it is the fact that McCoy was picked with one of the first picks... And it is not like Lacy has done well this season yet... he had a concussion in week one, and pretty much got shut down by the Jets(only 61 total yards)...

Depending on where the 2 players were drafted, I might actually veto this trade, for the simple reason that there is no valid reasoning to make it...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but I don't see how you can veto either one of those deals. I personally wouldn't trade McCoy for Lacy, but it's not outrageous. The other deal I don't see a problem with at all.

Just because someone wants to make a potentially dumb move doesn't make it vetoable.

But there is a difference between a stupid move and a move with no valid reasoning!!! And if the league has a veto process then it should be used, otherwise take the veto process away. Why allow shit trades when they hurt the league??

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they're a couple and I was pretty sure the husband was trying to make his wife's team better. I don't value Lacy anywhere near as much as you guys I thought he was more of a 2nd round guy in ppr coming into the season grouping him with guys like Bernard, Ball, and Bell. McCoy was the number one guy on my board. Maybe I'm wrong though I didn't realize so many people thought so highly of Lacy.

I would find a new league if that's the case. More so that I hate playing in leagues that have other peoples friends or family members in them. You already don't trust them so anything they do is going to look questionable.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it the ONLY way I would NOT veto this deal is if Lacy was drafted before McCoy...

If McCoy was drafted before lacy(almost all leagues) then there is NO logical reason to make this deal for the McCoy owner... lets look at the fantasy time line

Draft day- Owner picked McCoy over lacy- means he/she thinks McCoy is better
Week one- Lacy gets a concussion- you never trade for a player who gets a concussion
Week 2- Lacy gets 61 Total Yards, and McCoy has a good week...

So there is not one moment where the McCoy owner should have changed his mind comparing these 2 players... Even if they thought Sproles would hurt McCoy, it is clear from the first 2 games that it will be minimal...

Since there is no logical reason for this you have to assume collusion... and even if you don't want to assume collusion, having a veto system should not just protect the league from collusion(too hard to prove) it needs to protect the league from anything singular move that can HURT the league... This trade clearly hurts the league... If you don't want to veto this, then you will likely never veto any deal, and therefore the veto system is pointless and you should take away your veto system(or change it)...

I have never vetoed a trade but that is because most of my leagues don't have a veto system... we just make fun of the assholes making bad trades...

In MBBRL, I have wanted to veto some of Chef's deals, but I know that he trades so often that they will even out...

That is the other thing, you have to know who you are vetoing, if they are known for making many trades, they will be more likely to make the occasional shit trade... But it doesn't seem like this is the case here...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, there is nothing worse than a micro managing commish.

And thanks for the back handed "asshole" comment. ;)

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I cant see any reason why someone would rather have Lacy than McCoy, I don't see how this can be vetoed. Both were top 10 fantasy picks easily and have similar value fantasy wise.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. The only thing that raises a red flag is that it is between family members. Never a good idea IMO to play in a league that has family members in the same league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it the ONLY way I would NOT veto this deal is if Lacy was drafted before McCoy...

If McCoy was drafted before lacy(almost all leagues) then there is NO logical reason to make this deal for the McCoy owner... lets look at the fantasy time line

Draft day- Owner picked McCoy over lacy- means he/she thinks McCoy is better
Week one- Lacy gets a concussion- you never trade for a player who gets a concussion
Week 2- Lacy gets 61 Total Yards, and McCoy has a good week...

So there is not one moment where the McCoy owner should have changed his mind comparing these 2 players... Even if they thought Sproles would hurt McCoy, it is clear from the first 2 games that it will be minimal...

Since there is no logical reason for this you have to assume collusion... and even if you don't want to assume collusion, having a veto system should not just protect the league from collusion(too hard to prove) it needs to protect the league from anything singular move that can HURT the league... This trade clearly hurts the league... If you don't want to veto this, then you will likely never veto any deal, and therefore the veto system is pointless and you should take away your veto system(or change it)...

I have never vetoed a trade but that is because most of my leagues don't have a veto system... we just make fun of the assholes making bad trades...

In MBBRL, I have wanted to veto some of Chef's deals, but I know that he trades so often that they will even out...

That is the other thing, you have to know who you are vetoing, if they are known for making many trades, they will be more likely to make the occasional shit trade... But it doesn't seem like this is the case here...

Why would you slam Chef like that? Chef robbed JDM of Peyton Manning last year, then bent me over on a Russell Wilson trade. He likes to wheel and deal, not all of them are going to be in his favor.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you get it Milk.

The answer to this question depends on whether or not OP plays in a good league with competent owners. In such a league, there is no reason to veto a trade, ever. If I ever feel like an owner is being taking advantage of in trades to the point where it hurts the integrity of the league, then the owner in question is gone.

There is no better way to ruin a good league then to start vetoing trades.

The answer here is to ask the owner getting Lacy why he is making the trade. It might be something as simple as a preferable short term match-up. Who knows what his reasoning is, but the point is that it is not your job to manage his team.

If you think the two owners are colluding, then they need to be warned. This deal is not big enough to make a real difference, but if it happens again, then you may have an issue.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry chef... did not realize that i called you an asshole...

I had a second note that i did not transition well... My point about you and others who trade all the time is that sometimes you make terrible trades, but when you trade so often it evens out... so you should know who you are vetoing...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you get it Milk.

The answer to this question depends on whether or not OP plays in a good league with competent owners. In such a league, there is no reason to veto a trade, ever. If I ever feel like an owner is being taking advantage of in trades to the point where it hurts the integrity of the league, then the owner in question is gone.

There is no better way to ruin a good league then to start vetoing trades.

The answer here is to ask the owner getting Lacy why he is making the trade. It might be something as simple as a preferable short term match-up. Who knows what his reasoning is, but the point is that it is not your job to manage his team.

If you think the two owners are colluding, then they need to be warned. This deal is not big enough to make a real difference, but if it happens again, then you may have an issue.

and thats my problem, if thats what your league philosophy is then just abolish the veto system... Like i said i prefer leagues without the veto system, but once it is there it should be used for its purpose... A trade like this cries collusion because there is no logic behind it(unless Lacy was drafted before McCoy)...