• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: LA Rams @ San Francisco 8:15pm EST on ESPN

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers win the division?
The Seahawks are having a down year. The other 3 teams are good, but damaged. The least damaged of the teams will win it. The 49ers are least damaged at this time. The Rams need to get some players back for them to be a playoff threat.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Stafford is trash
Stafford always has extended stretches where he is not good. In a week or 2 he will string together 4-5 of truly elite games. He is consistently inconsistent. On a good team that can weather the bad he can win a super bowl. On a bad team you get....all his years on the Lions. Rams defense looks pretty bad this year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are having a down year. The other 3 teams are good, but damaged. The least damaged of the teams will win it. The 49ers are least damaged at this time. The Rams need to get some players back for them to be a playoff threat.

I don't think the Seahawks intend to win this year because of the QB situation, but they're in first place and who knows? Every NFL team has a ton of talent.

Niners are pretty damaged after losing their QB, Trent Williams, and Eli Mitchell. Shanahan relies completely on the elite defense and he is crazy conservative in his decisions.

It's all about making the playoffs while relatively healthy and hoping that luck goes your way. Beyond determining who makes the playoffs, I feel like the regular season games tell us very little.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are in a rebuild phase and have major holes to fill yet, but they'll take all the wins they can get. The other 3 teams have their problems and I'd guess 49ers come out on top....maybe LOL, actually injuries will be the deciding factor most likely.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what SHE said.

Happy Mean Girls GIF

Mean Girls October 3Rd GIF by giphydiscovery

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN
Cot dammit ninja'd me. But solid reference with Mean Girls. My wife knew this, apparently Oct 3 is in fact Mean Girls Day (because of that line ^^^) and apparently TBS shows it on a 24 hour loop today (like they do with A Christmas Story on Christmas)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... the 49ers D is insane...
Apparently after 4 games (still early) their defense has equal stats to the 1985 Bears and the 2000 Ravens. Now, they played Seattle (meh offense but not actually bad), Denver (terrible O), and Chicago (same). But this Rams team is literally the defending champs and supposed to be able to score. Very impressive game for the D.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers win the division?
Was always a possibility with the expected strong defense. Looking solid so far. Long way to go obviously.

There are quite a few teams you could see winning either conference, but the Niners are one of them.

I'd say for sure the Bills, Chiefs, Jags, Dolphins, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, hell the Titans can win it, as can the Niners, Buccs, Packers, Vikings, Eagles, Cowboys, Rams...Giants even? So being a 'contender' this year is hardly a small club.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaddaya mean, the Niners lost their starting QB for the year! :D

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently after 4 games (still early) their defense has equal stats to the 1985 Bears and the 2000 Ravens. Now, they played Seattle (meh offense but not actually bad), Denver (terrible O), and Chicago (same). But this Rams team is literally the defending champs and supposed to be able to score. Very impressive game for the D.

I mean regardless of the teams faced, I'm impressed. San Fran could take the NFC this year. Bosa is such a monster, wish he wasn't in the division lol, but your guys' secondary and linebacker play is doing well to boot. 49ers are a dangerous team to go up against at the moment..

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean regardless of the teams faced, I'm impressed. San Fran could take the NFC this year. Bosa is such a monster, wish he wasn't in the division lol, but your guys' secondary and linebacker play is doing well to boot. 49ers are a dangerous team to go up against at the moment..
Eh, they're not really 'my guys' as I only sort play a Niner fan online. I'm not that into football so I'm not invested really, I've lived in SF for decades and the city is happy when they do well so I root for them. Also like the Raiders (wife's team) and Bears (born & spent my youngest years there, definitely had Chicago Bears sheets).

So when I do pay attention I have rooting interests but I like all the teams and their storylines. It'd be fun to see Jacksonville be good (maybe now?), it's fun to see the Patriots suck, etc.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This defense is exceeding expectations, which were already high to begin with.
Bosa and Warner are awesome, of course, but the addition of the cover corner, Charvarius Ward, and the emergence of Hufanga has taken the D to another level.

I think the only things holding back the Niners from being a really good team are that Jimmy doesn't threaten you deep and Kyle is super conservative. Maybe those two things go hand in hand, but the Niners would likely benefit if Kyle were to go for it more often on 4th downs. The FG from the 1 yard line tonight was so predictable because it's Kyle Shanahan.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaddaya mean, the Niners lost their starting QB for the year! :D

I really wanted to see Lance develop this year. This defense could probably carry them into the playoffs while Lance learns.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted to see Lance develop this year. This defense could probably carry them into the playoffs while Lance learns.
Oh sure, overall a net negative but really lucky to have Jimmy still there

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure, overall a net negative but really lucky to have Jimmy still there

Niners are back to not being able to stretch the field vertically too well, but yup, they are extremely lucky to still have someone who they were trying very hard to trade away.

No QB knows this offense better than Jimmy, so he is a good conductor and he makes quick decisions. He's got limits, but it could be much worse and no Niner fan wants a repeat of that season with Nick Mullens.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Seahawks intend to win this year because of the QB situation, but they're in first place and who knows? Every NFL team has a ton of talent.

Niners are pretty damaged after losing their QB, Trent Williams, and Eli Mitchell. Shanahan relies completely on the elite defense and he is crazy conservative in his decisions.

It's all about making the playoffs while relatively healthy and hoping that luck goes your way. Beyond determining who makes the playoffs, I feel like the regular season games tell us very little.
The Seahawks don’t intend to win this year because they have the best QB in the nfl? That doesn’t make sense.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wow... the 49ers D is insane...
They've always had a pretty deep and talented front 7 and it's probably the deepest I've seen under the Shanahan era. Nearly everyone of their D linemen are at least decent pass rushers and can get penetration.

The key difference has been the secondary though as Charvarius Ward has been an upgrade to CB as expected and him being the #1 CB and pushing Mosely to #2 CB where he's better suited has been a big improvement. Hufunga has come out of nowhere to be a force and while I feel he'll eventually cool down once he sees more talented offenses he's still a guy whose relentless work ethic and smart play will make up for his less than ideal physical traits.

I predicted the 9ers would be a top 5 defense before the season started and barring major injuries I think they'll maintain a top 5 status throughout the season.