• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knives Out 2: Glass Onion (2022)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched it again with my kids the other night. My son loved it.. daughter didn't... at all. Her sense of humor leaves a lot to be desired.. she doesn't like The Office or Parks & Rec either. Idk how we get along so well.

Your daughter sounds like a winner. Make her the executor of the will and primary College focus...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that i think about it... is knives out/glass onion basically the Scream of whodunnits??

scream was originally intended as a spoof on horror movies... but never really strayed enough...

is this that??

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your daughter sounds like a winner. Make her the executor of the will and primary College focus...

She graduated from college years ago and is doing fine. She liked Arrested Development and there's really no pattern of bad taste otherwise.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She graduated from college years ago and is doing fine. She liked Arrested Development and there's really no pattern of bad taste otherwise.

Exactly... a winner.

Your son (who you didn't mention).... HIGHLY questionable. Not trying to stir anything up, but it wouldn't shock me if he's living with you and posting on your Sportshoopla account right now! :eek:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD is one of the greatest sitcoms ever. Are you saying that is bad taste?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that i think about it... is knives out/glass onion basically the Scream of whodunnits??

scream was originally intended as a spoof on horror movies... but never really strayed enough...

is this that??
The gist I've gotten with Rian Johnson movies is that he generally spends a long time building up things that dont matter so he can destroy them and show you what actually matters. Probably more in common with Mary Poppins than Scream, imo

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD is one of the greatest sitcoms ever. Are you saying that is bad taste?

No, I agree. In fact I'm currently bingeing it because I missed most of it during its run. I quizzed her about what she thought of some other comedies and she thinks Arrested Development. So that's part of what I meant that there's no pattern of bad taste otherwise. I just don't understand how someone can think AD is funny but The Office and Parks & Rec suck.

I think it may be due to the fact that all of the characters being satirized in AD are rich, white folks so that makes it ok to portray them as idiots. She is a very liberal millennial after all. I can't figure it otherwise.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I agree. In fact I'm currently bingeing it because I missed most of it during its run. I quizzed her about what she thought of some other comedies and she thinks Arrested Development. So that's part of what I meant that there's no pattern of bad taste otherwise. I just don't understand how someone can think AD is funny but The Office and Parks & Rec suck.

I think it may be due to the fact that all of the characters being satirized in AD are rich, white folks so that makes it ok to portray them as idiots. She is a very liberal millennial after all. I can't figure it otherwise.
I like Office, LOVE AD, but could never get through the first season of PnR.

I like AD because every single line of dialogue has about 3 layers of jokes. The writing in absolutely insanely genius. I am not including the Netflix seasons in this description. Those were pretty painful, hollow attempts at recapturing the early glory of the show.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Office, LOVE AD, but could never get through the first season of PnR.

I like AD because every single line of dialogue has about 3 layers of jokes. The writing in absolutely insanely genius. I am not including the Netflix seasons in this description. Those were pretty painful, hollow attempts at recapturing the early glory of the show.

PnR didn't get good until 2nd or third season... once Rob Lowe and Adam Scott came to the show.... once that happened the show was just as good as the office, and 30 rock...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a few years there watching Arrested Development, Community and the Office. The beginning of Arrested Development was the best of the bunch but honestly thought they all went a bit downhill as they went on.

Truthfully, I think Always Sunny is the best Millennial comedy but my sense of humor is warped

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone tell me why this movie exists? The original Knives out was a pretty good movie, but why the hell did it need a sequel? I can't recall the last sequel that came out where I had ZERO interest in checking it out.. Avatar 2?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone tell me why this movie exists? The original Knives out was a pretty good movie, but why the hell did it need a sequel? I can't recall the last sequel that came out where I had ZERO interest in checking it out.. Avatar 2?
It was always the plan to make a franchise. Once the first one was successful it was a given more would be on the way.
It is of note that Rian Johnson wrote these (he has written all of the movies he has directed).

Don't worry Shark. A 3rd Knives Out movie is already in production!

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've officially transitioned to "it was supposed to be obvious and dumb and THAT'S what makes it phenomenal art."

Never underestimate people's want to feel smarter than everyone else.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've officially transitioned to "it was supposed to be obvious and dumb and THAT'S what makes it phenomenal art."

so...the Beatles thought they were smarter than everyone else?

or is that what Rian Johnson was doing?

I liked the movie.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is such a straw man. It's not because we think it's some genius whodunit mystery. It was just a fun ride with decent dialogue and interesting, amusing characters. It's that simple. I think criticisms like that are just people who didn't dig it and want to dismiss those who did.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did think Daniel Craig and Janelle Monae were good in this. Bautista seemed miscast?

As funny and absurd as some of the things in the movie are, I feel a real look at FTX would be just as absurd.

I love me, some Deacon Bautista.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve liked him since the first time I saw him on WWE with the Reverend Devon Dudley. I like him in Guardians of the Galaxy as well.
He is 53. In Glass Onion, they show him living with his mom and dating a 25 year old as a twitch streamer. Maybe I was just expecting something else but that seems like an odd character to me. He is the same age as Edward Norton as it does kinda line up with the story they created.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 53. In Glass Onion, they show him living with his mom and dating a 25 year old as a twitch streamer. Maybe I was just expecting something else but that seems like an odd character to me. He is the same age as Edward Norton as it does kinda line up with the story they created.

whats so odd?? thought they explained his character well... but real life, i am sure there are many midlife crisises now that include social media and attempts to be influencers...