• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings Board FHL 2013-14

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-6 on Saturday night for the final - LAPD334128 vs ouendans cheer squad

WOW :yahoo:

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still 6-6, with 4 (maybe 5 categories?) still up for grabs.

Assists (I'm winning 32-30)
+/- (I'm up 6-5)
Wins (LAPD up 3-2 but I still have Tim Thomas currently playing)
Save % (I'm up I think .929 to his .922, still close)
Shutouts (tied at 1, but as I said I have Thomas still playing)

I obviously need to win outright so I need Thomas to win (preferably giving up 1 or less) to steal a category and win.

A very close title match

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barring any stat changes, LAPD will win our FHL league this year!

The final week ends in a 5-5-4 tie. LAPD is the better seed however so he gets the win.

Damn you Lindback for getting a shutout today. Damn you Thomas for losing in regulation.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barring any stat changes, LAPD will win our FHL league this year!

The final week ends in a 5-5-4 tie. LAPD is the better seed however so he gets the win.

Damn you Lindback for getting a shutout today. Damn you Thomas for losing in regulation.

You were just up 6-5 :omg:

DOD0083

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first tie break is totals goals scored, so if my memory serves me correctly, that put LAPD as our FHL champ. Congrats to LAPD on his championship and a big thank you to everyone for making this the most competitive season to date (at least for me). Cheers! Oh yeah...GKG!!!

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were just up 6-5 :omg:

Thomas lost. That put me at 3 goalie losses this week, tied with LAPD and taking away my win in that category.

In hindsight had I not played Thomas today I would have won. But when that game started the score was still 6-6 and I needed the outright win being the lower seed. I was hoping a Thomas win to get to 3 W's on the week and taking LAPD's win in that category, thus going up 6-5 and getting the win.

I didn't predict I would get a GWG (on my only goal scored today) and push that category into a tie and take away one of LAPD's wins that way.

Oh well, very close and I would do it again.

lapd334128

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that was the closest finish I have ever seen in any league I have been a part of. Congrats to ouendans cheer squad for tying me for 1st place (I will gladly share this championship with you just because of how it all went down last night and how close this matchup was). It just goes to show how competitive this league was this year, right down to the very last game of the 2013/14 regular season.

It's amazing how all you needed was for Thomas not to lose in regulation and you would have come away with the championship. It turns out that my last transaction was what won it for me. Lindback with the big shutout to tie the category and take the wins!!

As always it's an absolute pleasure to be a part of this league which seems to be getting more and more competitive each year and a big thanks to loco for putting it together. I know we've all talked about it before, but we really need to make this a keeper league.

Thanks everyone and cannot wait till next year to defend the title!!

Go Kings Go!!!!!! Beat SJ

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job everyone, and for Kick, yeah, you biff the draft and it's almost impossible to recover.

I say "almost" because I think in 2007 or 2008 I sat in front of my blank screen wondering WTF is going on, it's draft time and nothing was happening. Turns out I never updated my Java so I was on Auto Draft the entire time. I believe all you mooks got a good laugh on that one because while I did get a lot of players from my pre-draft list it also picked a bunch of guys who went a lot higher than they should have. Many of those players turned out to be great sleeper picks on the season, and I ended up in 5th place I think. But overall it wasn't my strategy (obviously).

One hell of a season from everyone, super competitive even in the lower ranks where I ended up. As for you two champs, why don't you dick licks go on a victory lap like this:

image-scaler.php

Clowns.

=)~~

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw I pitched a perfect 14-0 week.

I was up 9-3-2 yesterday afternoon, but Lonnie D didn't meet his goalie reqs for the week (I have a feeling he didn't play) so I won them by default although I had him on the saves and wins categories anyway.

Of course it happens in a week that doesn't matter, but did anyone else do that this year?