• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kerrigan

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 NFL Statistics - National Football League - ESPN

Well - look who is currently leading the NFL in sacks. Now this may be short lived & granted he feasted of a very green Jags O-line. However - Kerrigan is really starting to look like a beast. For the former ESPN posters - remember how B-man used to say that this guy was overrated & basically stated that the Skins made a mistake in drafting him? Laughable.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerrigan is awesome. But the addition of Hatcher makes all the difference. Don't think we can give him enough credit in yesterday's game.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerrigan is awesome. But the addition of Hatcher makes all the difference. Don't think we can give him enough credit in yesterday's game.

Agree. The improvement also may be due to giving Haslett more freedom. We also need to be careful that there still will possibly be some issues when they play some of the more potent offenses. Next week will be a good test.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on all counts. RK has been doing this all preseason. Its like he saw the drafting of Murphy and said to himself "If they only keep two of us, I will make sure its me" Meanwhile Rak has just been Rak, but as teams start to focus on RK and double him Rak should get more sacks himself.

Hatcher is such a beast, his team mates are crediting him with a lot of those sacks, occupying two defenders in the middle leaving lanes open for everyone else. Absolutely great FA pickup.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree SoCal. Kerrigan is taking that next step. Great to see.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RK has adjusted to being a 34 OLB better than Rak has. He's a better all around player/playmaker than Rak. Rak's been the better pass rusher, but if RK puts up better pass rush/QB pressure numbers this year it'll be a wrap as to which young vet OLB to pay/keep. Its never been a secret as to who I'd rather keep if/when it comes down to one or the other.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RK has adjusted to being a 34 OLB better than Rak has. He's a better all around player/playmaker than Rak. Rak's been the better pass rusher, but if RK puts up better pass rush/QB pressure numbers this year it'll be a wrap as to which young vet OLB to pay/keep. Its never been a secret as to who I'd rather keep if/when it comes down to one or the other.

Have not been paying attention so I don't really know who you prefer. However - the Redskins should do everything in their power to make Kerrigan a lifelong Redskin. He is just a dominant player & should be a pro-bowler & huge force for years to come (barring injury) regardless of the Orakpo situation.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been the biggest Rak basher on this board over the past 6 months. I am not a stats guy and said I would not care how many sacks he had, so I have to say it when Rak did better than his numbers showed. Rak had a very solid game yesterday, and I hope he continues to improve.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not been paying attention so I don't really know who you prefer. However - the Redskins should do everything in their power to make Kerrigan a lifelong Redskin. He is just a dominant player & should be a pro-bowler & huge force for years to come (barring injury) regardless of the Orakpo situation.

Yeah, my preference statement goes back to the last board I frequented which has since migrated/is migrating over here. Some from the old board posters might even say I'm a Rak hater. I don't think I am, but maybe my opinion on my own opinion is jaded. Regardless of that, I've liked Kerrigan since his rookie year and think, have always thought, he's a better all around player than Rak.

Given the salary good/great OLBs can command. The Skins drafting of Murphy and Rak due for a new contract next year with RK being soon to follow. The Skins look to be positioning themselves to keep one, Rak or RK, or the other. Its a sound strategy on the organization's part imo.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 NFL Statistics - National Football League - ESPN

Well - look who is currently leading the NFL in sacks. Now this may be short lived & granted he feasted of a very green Jags O-line. However - Kerrigan is really starting to look like a beast. For the former ESPN posters - remember how B-man used to say that this guy was overrated & basically stated that the Skins made a mistake in drafting him? Laughable.

Yeah...we could have Aldon Smith sitting out games for us if BMAN was in charge.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my preference statement goes back to the last board I frequented which has since migrated/is migrating over here. Some from the old board posters might even say I'm a Rak hater. I don't think I am, but maybe my opinion on my own opinion is jaded. Regardless of that, I've liked Kerrigan since his rookie year and think, have always thought, he's a better all around player than Rak.

Given the salary good/great OLBs can command. The Skins drafting of Murphy and Rak due for a new contract next year with RK being soon to follow. The Skins look to be positioning themselves to keep one, Rak or RK, or the other. Its a sound strategy on the organization's part imo.

To summarize my point from those old threads, Rak is a very good player, a Pro Bowl player even, but he wants to be paid like the top OLB in the league and he's not that. He's top 10, not #1. He's also getting ~$11.5M for this season alone on the franchise tag 1 year deal. Kerrigan is probably getting 15% of that, but thats going to change after 2016.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To summarize my point from those old threads, Rak is a very good player, a Pro Bowl player even, but he wants to be paid like the top OLB in the league and he's not that. He's top 10, not #1. He's also getting ~$11.5M for this season alone on the franchise tag 1 year deal. Kerrigan is probably getting 15% of that, but thats going to change after 2016.

Washington Redskins Player Contracts, Salaries, & Transactions

Yeah, we had that debate here also. It went on forever. Most tend to agree with your assessment, he has not played to an elite level warranting elite pay, but not all. But the fact is this year he is being paid elite money so he needs to show that he deserves it. Anything less than 15 sacks and a 1st ballot PB selection will be disappointing in my eyes.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we had that debate here also. It went on forever. Most tend to agree with your assessment, he has not played to an elite level warranting elite pay, but not all. But the fact is this year he is being paid elite money so he needs to show that he deserves it. Anything less than 15 sacks and a 1st ballot PB selection will be disappointing in my eyes.

It will be a really good sign if the defense continues to shine even if Orakpo falls somewhat short. Hopefully - this is a long term setup where (like other good teams) the defense does well even as the personnel changes - which will happen given the salary cap.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to second the Hatcher comment, although it's obvious to us all. For years that has been the problem, no inside push as the 2 OLB turned the corner. Hatcher has filled that void. After Sean Gilbert, Stubby, Wilkerson and of course Fat Albert it's nice to see one of these guys take the money and actually have it work out.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that Rak helps this defense when it comes to pass rush. he opens things up for others like kerrigan does . losing one hurts the team

the defense is better with all 3 olbs (murphy too )

keep that in mind

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[quotedeanpet21] Screw Kerrigan, we could have drafted JJ Watt with that pick if the team had any idea what they were doing. [/quotedeanpet21]

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that Rak helps this defense when it comes to pass rush. he opens things up for others like kerrigan does . losing one hurts the team

the defense is better with all 3 olbs (murphy too )

keep that in mind

Agree. However - in the salary cap age the Redskins may not have that luxury down the road. A solid organization keeps an eye on the future & lines up replacements in these type of situations. I would love to keep all of these guys just not sure if it is doable (given other needs) - I hope so.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[quotedeanpet21] Screw Kerrigan, we could have drafted JJ Watt with that pick if the team had any idea what they were doing. [/quotedeanpet21]

Lol - if you posted on ESPN several years ago there was actually a guy - nutcase named Bananaman (Bman) - that made very similar claims. In reality Watt was taken several spots earlier (that draft class was scary good - there are probably numerous future HOFers in the first round).

Bman actually screamed that the Redskins should have drafted Gabbert with that pick (Jags traded up for Skins pick to take Gabbert who was awful). That poster was a piece of work.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The improvement also may be due to giving Haslett more freedom. We also need to be careful that there still will possibly be some issues when they play some of the more potent offenses. Next week will be a good test.

I agree with the first point. I heard in the offseason that during Shanny's tenure, he didn't allow Haslett to run the defense how he wanted. I wanted Haslett's head after this past season, but didn't realize what was going on, behind the scenes. After two games, this defense has been impressive. I said the addition of Jason Hatcher was the biggest acquisition on our defense. He and Haslett's unleashed scheme has paid dividends. Of course, it's early, but still..........:yahoo: