• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KDS Commentary Presents: Is Rau Rau no longer a Knick? Noooooooooooo! Edition

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CAN - Rautins excited to join Lucentum
ALICANTE (Liga Endesa) - Canada international Andy Rautins has put pen to paper on a deal with Lucentum Alicante that will keep him with the Spanish club for the rest of the campaign.

The 25-year-old, who spent last season in New York, was traded by the Knicks after the NBA lockout to Dallas and then released by the Mavericks.

Rautins, a standout performer in his college days at Syracuse, is eager to start playing games.

"I have decided to come to Alicante because the opportunity to play is very important for me," he said.

"The team is doing very well this year and I believe I will be a good fit for a team that has established itself as one of the best in the league.

"I am a young player who knows how to play. I'll do anything to win and help the team."

Rautins spent some of his boyhood years in Spain because his father, Canada coach Leo Rautins, played professionally in the country.

At the FIBA Americas Championship in Mar del Plata this summer, Rautins averaged 11.5 points per game, drilling 20 of his 51 (39.2%) shots from behind the arc.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am dedicating this commentary thread to ma man Rau Rau tonight:

large_2009-07-24-andy-leo-rautins.jpg

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
awe man, i can't beleive andy won't eclipse leo

leo has 2-3 seasons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anyone think that last night's game almost makes all the years of throwing Jose and Poon under the bus worth it? Okay, maybe not but they did finally play to the level I was hoping they'd play at all along

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
man butler gobbles, he'll be this years wright before the seasons up