• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Tuck to sign with Raiders for 2 years $11M

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After giving the New York Giants a chance to improve their offer, defensive end Justin Tuck is accepting a two-year, $11 million deal with the Oakland Raiders, according to sources.

The Raiders announced Tuck's signing Thursday afternoon.

The Giants' offer fell far below what Oakland offered and Tuck was in contact with Giants higher-ups Thursday. He had hoped to remain in New York, but the Raiders simply wanted him more. Oakland needed for a pass-rusher after Lamarr Houston agreed to sign with the Chicago Bears.

Tuck ranks sixth with the Giants and 99th in NFL history with 60.5 sacks. He had 11 sacks in 2013 after two injury-plagued years in which he totaled only nine. Last season was his fourth with 10 or more sacks. He also won Super Bowl rings as a member of the Giants following the 2007 and 2011 seasons.

Source: ESPN

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After giving the New York Giants a chance to improve their offer, defensive end Justin Tuck is accepting a two-year, $11 million deal with the Oakland Raiders, according to sources.

The Raiders announced Tuck's signing Thursday afternoon.

The Giants' offer fell far below what Oakland offered and Tuck was in contact with Giants higher-ups Thursday. He had hoped to remain in New York, but the Raiders simply wanted him more. Oakland needed for a pass-rusher after Lamarr Houston agreed to sign with the Chicago Bears.

Tuck ranks sixth with the Giants and 99th in NFL history with 60.5 sacks. He had 11 sacks in 2013 after two injury-plagued years in which he totaled only nine. Last season was his fourth with 10 or more sacks. He also won Super Bowl rings as a member of the Giants following the 2007 and 2011 seasons.

Source: ESPN

How are NYG's liking this? Just think if Clowney drops to #5. Nice pass rush, huh?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a GREAT pick up for us!! Tuck had 11 sacks last year!! And NOW we got Woodely!! Suddenly the Raiders have a PASS RUSH!! Hopefully we get Sims,Walker, or Raji.. Our DL would be ALOT better than last years!!

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a GREAT pick up for us!! Tuck had 11 sacks last year!! And NOW we got Woodely!! Suddenly the Raiders have a PASS RUSH!! Hopefully we get Sims,Walker, or Raji.. Our DL would be ALOT better than last years!!

Is Woodley signed? Go get Wilfork!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So says ESPN and everybody!! Woodley AND Tuck!! Dang!! I agree Willfork would be a coup signing.. I got a smile on my face!!

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So says ESPN and everybody!! Woodley AND Tuck!! Dang!! I agree Willfork would be a coup signing.. I got a smile on my face!!

Just saw the ESPN post. WTF are we going to do at LT? No way Watson is ready. If we get Vick, we really need a strong RT instead. Reggie, whatcha thinkin'? :noidea:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to warm up to Vick dude.. Lets see what happens at LT.. Watson has size Speed Hands to be a great LT.. But can he stay healthy?? Is the thing..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave them 2 year deals, WIN is what we want to do.. And they will help us there.. Leadership and Winning is what Tuck AND Woodley ARE ALL ABOUT.. And that's what we need right now.. Lets do this!!

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave them 2 year deals, WIN is what we want to do.. And they will help us there.. Leadership and Winning is what Tuck AND Woodley ARE ALL ABOUT.. And that's what we need right now.. Lets do this!!

Looks like someone finally woke up after sleepwalking through day 1, I am OVERJOYED that Saffold failed his physical, stay off the ambien Reggie.

Lots of work still to do, has Vick got the dog fighting/killing out of his system? That shit still bothers me everytime I look at him, but if he got his head right he could contribute, we could take Matthews 1st and probably still have Mettenberger available 2nd round, that looks like a pretty strong 1-2,imo.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuck and Woodley? Finally getting some recognizable names on defense!

Dogfighting has been going on for a long ass time, Vick was just the only famous person to get caught. I've always liked Vick but if we are sure that TP2 is not the answer then I would rather just draft a QB. Enough with these Carson Palmer type quick fixes, we need a franchise QB.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still pushing for Matthews eh?? He could be a great player man!! I would love to have him on my team, and 9 out 10 times that would be my pick.. I just think this should be the year we go QB, and there is some good ones this year!! Franchise QB trumps ALL..If we do pick Matthews I would be ok with that..
Mike Vick eh?? I would bring him in if he comes cheap!! Dude still has a GREAT arm!! And we can WIN with him!! But can he stay healthy?? What the heck, ROLL THOSE DICE!!

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still pushing for Matthews eh?? He could be a great player man!! I would love to have him on my team, and 9 out 10 times that would be my pick.. I just think this should be the year we go QB, and there is some good ones this year!! Franchise QB trumps ALL..If we do pick Matthews I would be ok with that..
Mike Vick eh?? I would bring him in if he comes cheap!! Dude still has a GREAT arm!! And we can WIN with him!! But can he stay healthy?? What the heck, ROLL THOSE DICE!!

I hope Bortles falls to #5, if we're going QB. :hope:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the Outlaw, in that we need to make sure Pryor is NOT our guy!! But from everything we hear it looks like he is done as a Raider!! Reggie wants HIS guys, heck he let 2 of our best players walk.. TP2 just might be NEXT.. Fan Base hates him and by the looks of it Reggie and DA hate him as well.. Lets JUST hope it does NOT bite us in the end if we get RID of him!! Im hoping for TP2 to be the guy in Oakland it just does not look good right now..And I MIGHT be wrong but I do not believe in McGloin to be the guy either.. That's why im pushing for QB with our First pick!!
RaiderZar, I like Bortles a lot!! Reminds me of Luck.. Same kind of size, arm, etc.. I would be happy if the Raiders took him!! I like Teddy B\ Johnny Football more, but would be very happy with Bortles as well..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie putting in GOOD work!! Antonio Smith and Tarell Brown are now Raiders!! The Raider D is starting to look REALLY good!! JUST WIN is what these guys know how to do!! Tarver is loving life right now.. He has new Players THAT know how to play ball.. The Raiders are going to HIT HARD this year!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders land James Jones!! Wow!! The Raiders WRs look GOOD!! A lot of young WRs with a VET like Jones to balance them out!! I like it..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that first day of FAs, the mood in RaiderNation was CRAPPY!! But since then Reggie has been beasting!! Reggie is building this team for a QB to step right in and WIN games!!
Read a TWEET by our new STARTING CB T Brown, dude said, Schaub and these WRs would be GREAT!!
Look what that QB has to throw too.. Jones , Streeter, DMoe, Holmes, Butler, Rivera, Kasa, Ausberry, Reece, DMAC!! And who knows what the draft brings AT WR.. The Raiders are being built for a QB to step right in!! Be it rookie, Schaub, MM, TP2, OR WHOEVER!!

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that first day of FAs, the mood in RaiderNation was CRAPPY!! But since then Reggie has been beasting!! Reggie is building this team for a QB to step right in and WIN games!!
Read a TWEET by our new STARTING CB T Brown, dude said, Schaub and these WRs would be GREAT!!
Look what that QB has to throw too.. Jones , Streeter, DMoe, Holmes, Butler, Rivera, Kasa, Ausberry, Reece, DMAC!! And who knows what the draft brings AT WR.. The Raiders are being built for a QB to step right in!! Be it rookie, Schaub, MM, TP2, OR WHOEVER!!

After Day 1, I was very disappointed, I really got a deja vu kind of feeling, oh no, this isn't happening again is it?

So many times over the past decade (or even more) we seemed to be reacting rather than acting, which was exactly what that first day of FA felt like. But Reggie got aggressive, and things started happening more in line with expectations of a team with the deepest pocket. I would have liked to see Veldheer resigned, and losing Houston was almost more than I could take, but it looks like there might be some hope of fielding a competitive team in '14 if we play our cards right in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator: