• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields to the Steelers for a 6th round pick?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a lifelong Notre Dame fan, but I wouldn't call Sam Hartman "my boy" either.

Honestly, I think the Bears would benefit if they went the Mahomes / Love / Goff route. Get a veteran QB. Allow the rookie to sit behind them for a year. The rookie earns his way to the starting position.
Sam was a mercenary anyway. Not really “Irish” in my eyes.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn’t my boy at all. I already said what his issues were and he might never fix those issues.
I would hope the top rookies are better than him bc all of them are projected top 3 in a very good QB class.
I think if I was a Bears fan I would be more worried about the development of QB’s more than anything. They either keep make horrible picks, suck at developing or surround the player or both.
Lets hope the same doesn’t happen with Caleb bc he is very talented.
I’m not sure they can mess up Williams. I hate it as a Lions fan ( I was hoping they would trade the pick away again). The Bears are going to be really good in the next 2-3 years.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure that Fields will even see the field this season in Pittsburgh. Maybe they trade him early in the season to a team whose QB goes down early? Flip him for a 3rd round pick or something? (I don’t know if they can do that though with the 51% of the snaps part of the trade).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure that Fields will even see the field this season in Pittsburgh. Maybe they trade him early in the season to a team whose QB goes down early? Flip him for a 3rd round pick or something? (I don’t know if they can do that though with the 51% of the snaps part of the trade).
RW will be the starter but Fields will see some wildcat and goal line snaps.

Not to mention if RW gets hurt.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention if RW gets butthurt.
Fixed.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Bears well for helping out their player. I doubt the difference in pick values was substantial. There's a big difference between the Bears and the Chargers at the senior management level.

I wish Fields well for handling a difficult time like a grown-up.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention if RW gets hurt.
Well of course if RW gets hurt, but that’s why I said I’m unsure if he will even see the field. It’s not like RW is injury prone, although he is older.

The odds are he doesn’t see the field in any significant time this season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure they can mess up Williams. I hate it as a Lions fan ( I was hoping they would trade the pick away again). The Bears are going to be really good in the next 2-3 years.
Nothing is a sure thing. I mean look at Trevor Lawrence. He had one pretty legit season and two not so good seasons. He was the golden boy since high school. I would be surprise if he failed in Chicago but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he was really good.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is a sure thing. I mean look at Trevor Lawrence. He had one pretty legit season and two not so good seasons. He was the golden boy since high school. I would be surprise if he failed in Chicago but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he was really good.
Caleb Williams will be a franchise QB just like TL, any thing above that is icing on the cake.
Just like other "Generational" talents like MHJ or Brock Bowers, I can't promise you a top tier All-Pro player but they are as safe as it gets in finding someone who is a long time starter who's also have the upside to be Elite

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I am very curious. I have a sinking feeling that people are only excited about Williams because the media is trying to make him into a generational talent. Is it based on film or the media hype?
He's the best QB in the class and an upgrade over Fields based on film
No need to overthink the pick with if Caleb is "Generational" or "If he's the best prospect since Luck". Just go after the best player in this year's draft at #1

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still think Lawrence is a sure thing.

I would be surprised if he failed in Chicago.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I am very curious. I have a sinking feeling that people are only excited about Williams because the media is trying to make him into a generational talent. Is it based on film or the media hype?
I think the media hype is because of the film.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 4 other teams wanted him then trading him should be easy. But all these reporters are covering for Fields even though he sucks. It's really something to see.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded for Fields just in case RW sucks. So they can just cut Wilson and move to Fields as plan B.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 4 other teams wanted him then trading him should be easy. But all these reporters are covering for Fields even though he sucks. It's really something to see.
I agree. Teams saw enough of Fields. Maybe a new environment will help him, but I don’t see him as anything but a cheap backup option in Pitt.