• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields to the Steelers for a 6th round pick?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think anybody really wanted him. Nobody will pick up the 5th year option and nobody will extend him. Good for Pittsburgh in that it doesn't cost them more than a cup'o'coffee to field 2 QBs as both QBs combined are only going to cost 5 mil or whatever. So they keep spending their money on the defense and hope the offense just improves enough that the defense isn't run into the ground. I don't know but we will see. Definitely expecting the Steelers F.O. to be looking at drafting a QB prospect at some point in the mid rounds or at least looking toward next year. Neither of these guys will be around for very long, imo. But they have to try because all they had was 2 back-up caliber guys before.

☝️What this guy up here says........☝️

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they killed the market on Fields. It's completely insane to me and given he's going to Pitt he is going to blow up now.

And he does,a 6th turns into a 4th.......

You people crack me up.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Pace who did is long gone and no longer has a gm job......
Nagy is no longer a coach,he is an off coordinator for the Chiefs again.....living off Mahomes.
The Bears frequently switch hands. Regardless of their latest management staff, they still gave up a lot to get Fields, and disposed of him for very little.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do any of you know its a 6th......??

It very well could be a 4th.....

And who cares,no one wanted him,otherwise he would have been traded sooner.....
You actually think Pittsburgh threw out the very first offer and Polles said deal??

Think about it......
I would bet Russ starts, first of all.

But yeah, Fields just isn’t that good at things GM’s especially care about, and his market dried out on top of it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk. I can see them converting Fields to WR. A RB / WR hybrid is pretty valuable. That would also solve their WR depth. They can run plenty of wildcat packages to keep defenses on their toes. At the very least, Fields is a weapon with the screen game and intermediate routes.
Goodfellas GIF

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it poles could’ve gotten more, but wanted fields to go to the place he would be most likely to succeed. Seems like a story the Bears seeded to look better, but maybe not.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears frequently switch hands. Regardless of their latest management staff, they still gave up a lot to get Fields, and disposed of him for very little.

And its still not the same regime......doesnt matter who did what,they are no longer here.......
Same as the Carolina gm that traded to no.1 last season,he left the Panthers a mess.....
They have new guys running that show now,so what happened in the past is not on the new guys.........

Last edited:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it poles could’ve gotten more, but wanted fields to go to the place he would be most likely to succeed. Seems like a story the Bears seeded to look better, but maybe not.

I read that story,it does not list the team.......it was written to make the Bears look better.......
Trust me,if Poles could have gotten,he would of did it......

Last edited:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heres that story:

It does not list any teams.....I tend to think this is a clickbait story........

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s going to be real interesting is if Russ continues to struggle how soon do the Steelers pull him to play Fields and for how long knowing the conditions of the trade.

If they put in Fields and he kills it, a 4th is fine. If they put in Fields and he struggles just as bad as Russ, a 4th doesn’t look so good.

Last edited:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh needs to upgrade their OL, but at least now the Steelers do not have some statues at QB.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they killed the market on Fields. It's completely insane to me and given he's going to Pitt he is going to blow up now.

If he blows up then every team missed out because all kinds of teams knew he was available and chose guys like Howell and Darnold instead.

Sometimes the truth is staring you in the face.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s going to be real interesting is if Russ continues to struggle how soon do the Steelers pull him to play Fields and for how long knowing the conditions of the trade.

If they put in Fields and he kills it, a 4th is fine. If they put in Fields and he struggles just as bad as Russ, a 4th doesn’t look so good.

Look,Pittsburgh didnt trade for Fields to be a backup there,they will be working him in the lineup a little slow at first and by week 8 or9,JF could very well have that job.....
The Steelers are paying Russ just a hair over a mill this year,thats peanuts unsallted,they can sit Russ and he comes cheaper than Justin......

What if Justin flops,so what,they still have Russ back in there and the Bears get what got a 6th.......

JF is probably gonna be more of a Trubisky and going to a full time backup imo......

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers added a good pretty CB and LB in Jackson and Queen. Its pretty clear they will play defense and run the ball, but they need to address the OL, either in players left in FA or draft or both.