• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields starts petition to restart the B1G

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will gladly protest for something so important as college football

We need to takeover Columbus who's coming with me

I can provide you an alibi and/or myself a mental defect defense .. your call.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your daughter going to be traveling the country playing a contact sport?!?
No, but she's sitting in classes with kids from all over the fucking place.

If the Shit's as scary as some of you act like, just being in the same room with outsiders is enough.

It's hypocrisy to cancel sports and then still have classes. They fucking canceled swimming and all other non-contact sports.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will gladly protest for something so important as college football

We need to takeover Columbus who's coming with me

Does it involve burning down the Shoe, cause if so, I'm in...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Shit's as scary as some of you act like, just being in the same room with outsiders is enough.

It's hypocrisy to cancel sports and then still have classes. They fucking canceled swimming and all other non-contact sports.

Not to seem crass, but students are in school to learn and get an education that more times than not they paid for. Students athletes get into universities to play their respective sport while getting an education. So it is hypocritical for conferences to cancel the seasons of the people who are only on campus to play a sport. If they aren’t playing then the need to furlough every person in the athletic department.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure they cancelled those sports because they were already losing money by having those sports (majority of programs are almost entirely funded by football), so spending millions to follow the protocol necessary to attempt to keep it safe wasn't a smart business decision.
And sitting in the same room, where you can make the students sit every other chair or every third chair and space them out is much different than football. Unless you are saying the OL and DL should stay 6' from each other at all times. DB's stay 6' away from WR's:lol:

I think you get the difference. Football isn't essential. If players sign away all rights to sue the coaches and school if they contract Covid -- I guarantee the season is played. If they don't -- the season won't be played, because the liability will be astronomical.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hypocritical. What is college? A place to learn so you can hopefully get a good job, seems the same as the football players. College is not a requirement no matter how bad people want to make it out to be. If classes are essential, then so is football.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hypocritical. What is college? A place to learn so you can hopefully get a good job, seems the same as the football players. College is not a requirement no matter how bad people want to make it out to be. If classes are essential, then so is football.

I agree with this. I always thought football should be a major aa an option (as well as basketball, etc.). Why hide the fact that schools enroll athletes to win games and send them pro. There isn't anything academic about college football but it is a way to transition players into a career.