• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just not that impressed with Hillman.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is a couple of preseason games, but this goes back to last year as well. He does not run strong. He is a scat back at best, and is not the type that runs in the 2, 4, 3, 5 holes very well.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is a couple of preseason games, but this goes back to last year as well. He does not run strong. He is a scat back at best, and is not the type that runs in the 2, 4, 3, 5 holes very well.

Well I certainly hope your equally unempressed with that O-line. Terrible. No RB could find any holes with that line.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I certainly hope your equally unempressed with that O-line. Terrible. No RB could find any holes with that line.

The OL has nothing really to do with what I was pointing out about what I see Hillman doing (or not doing) in regards to him running between the tackles or holding on to the ball.

The one BIG THING he does do right now that has him in front of Montee Ball and that is the underrated skill of picking up blitzes. He is way ahead of Montee Ball with that skill.

Then again, Knowshon is better at running between the tackles than Hillman and is at least as good as Hillman in picking up blitzes.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL has nothing really to do with what I was pointing out about what I see Hillman doing (or not doing) in regards to him running between the tackles or holding on to the ball.

The one BIG THING he does do right now that has him in front of Montee Ball and that is the underrated skill of picking up blitzes. He is way ahead of Montee Ball with that skill.

Then again, Knowshon is better at running between the tackles than Hillman and is at least as good as Hillman in picking up blitzes.

I agree Bb32 that none of the rbs looked great last night. I was hoping to see Hillman and Ball amp it up a little more but I also saw our O-line getting pushed around by Seattle more than I like. If Denver ( I know Clady and Kupe is going to help bigtime) doesnt improve in the running game ( O-line and rbs) then Denver is going to be one dimensional vs teams like Seattle that basicly shut down Denvers rushing attack. I really hope when Clady and Kupe return and hopefully injuries to Vasquez and others aren`t significant, that Denver starts showing much better balance when season starts. To go all the way, Denver needs this to compete with the big boys. Wonder why we didn`t see Moreno last nite. Heard anything?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Bb32 that none of the rbs looked great last night. I was hoping to see Hillman and Ball amp it up a little more but I also saw our O-line getting pushed around by Seattle more than I like. If Denver ( I know Clady and Kupe is going to help bigtime) doesnt improve in the running game ( O-line and rbs) then Denver is going to be one dimensional vs teams like Seattle that basicly shut down Denvers rushing attack. I really hope when Clady and Kupe return and hopefully injuries to Vasquez and others aren`t significant, that Denver starts showing much better balance when season starts. To go all the way, Denver needs this to compete with the big boys. Wonder why we didn`t see Moreno last nite. Heard anything?

I was hoping someone could tell me. I was not sure if he was cut or something. If he is injured, then that is his biggest problem that will apparently never end.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's give the kid a chance. By all accounts he's had a very good camp. The fumble was very glaring mistake but he did have some decent runs behind a O-line that probably will have at least 2 new starters week 1. It's almost impossible to gauge a RB behind that patchwork O-Line. In any case I expect that the Broncos will be a RB by committee team and Fox will go with the hot player.

BTW Moreno has a knee problem. Should be ok this week. I wonder if KM would be secure had CJ Anderson had not been hurt. He along with Duke they were the surprises of camp so far.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ronnie Hillman is getting a bit unfairly hammered by some fans. He's not a power back and he's not an every down back. He does, however, run between the tackles a little better than he's being given credit for. He uses his shiftiness to avoid tackles instead of running over or through defensive players.

Having said that, I don't expect him to be our starter, and whoever is our starter will probably be sharing the load quite a bit with the others RBs. As previously mentioned, we will have a RB by committee approach (unless Montee Ball really breaks out).

We need to wait until our O-line is not only healthy but is playing together for some time to see who will be the most effective RB.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the strong opinion that Knowshon Moreno may get the starter's nod or at least a ton of playing time. The Broncos know what they have in Moreno, he turned it up a notch at the end of last year, he bulked up an additional 5-10 pounds in the offseason and most importantly.......HE HAS MORE EXPERIENCE PROTECTING THE QB. I could see the Broncos starting out the season this way until a clear winner emerges in the the Hillman/Ball competition. At the end of the day, I agree that Fox is planning on running back by committee anyway, so we need all of them to show improvement. Go Broncos!!

MH64

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am waiting to see the entire offense together as a unit before I form an opinion.

I like the talent we have at RB.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing to remember about Hillman is that he is still one of the youngest players in the NFL, he is only 21. His body has just stopped growing and developing. It was going to take longer for him to develop an NFL body than a normal player coming out of college. I saw Hillman as a change of pace back anyway, but still, give the guy a chance to develop a bit before tossing him on the junk pile.