• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just how good ARE the Chiefs?

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an interesting little tidbit:

That vaunted KC defensive line has exactly 1 sack over the past two weeks..... Their front 4 isn't getting good pressure lately, and they're relying more on "exotic" blitzes to get that pressure.

Hopefully our defense is back to where it belongs. There are still big doubters amongst KC fans who still think our defense sucks. Would like to prove them wrong in a couple weeks!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That vaunted KC defensive line has exactly 1 sack over the past two weeks..... Their front 4 isn't getting good pressure lately, and they're relying more on "exotic" blitzes to get that pressure.

Hopefully our defense is back to where it belongs. There are still big doubters amongst KC fans who still think our defense sucks. Would like to prove them wrong in a couple weeks!

I completely agree. Some of my favorite weekly readings are the fan comments on the "Fansided" site "Arrowhead Addict." So many Chiefs fans keep comparing this Broncos team to the 2003 Chiefs team. It's a laughable comparison at best. That was a good offense, but this Broncos offense is much much better. But this Broncos defense is going to shut some teams down this year, and I have a feeling the Chiefs are going to be one of them. That 2003 Chiefs team was pretty good, finishing 13-3 and with the #2 playoff seed. This Broncos team is on pace for 14-2, the greatest offense the game has ever seen, and has it's defense poised to dominate the second half of the season.

I can't wait for the matchup with the Chiefs. The team needs to focus on the Chargers first, though. We fans can focus on whatever we want!

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting tidbit:

Chiefs Defense- 14
Chiefs Offense- 9

Although that defense did allow 470 yards in offense to the Bills....

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing about Manning actually. The way the Chiefs season has gone it would be par for the course if they got to play the Broncos with Osweiler making his first NFL start!

I also think you are making a sound observation about the Chiefs defense. It will help them they get re Broncos after the bye week, so they get to rest up. But assuming the Broncos go into that game healthy on both sides of the ball I give the Chiefs maybe a 10% chance to win that game in Denver.

Getting through the Chargers healthy is important. I would say it's even more important than actually winning that game.

We can't afford to drop a game and get 2 games back.

If the Chefs had lost one by now I was fine with splitting games with them, win at home a loss in Arrowhead would be acceptable but now we need to keep pace and win both games against KC.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they can't get pressure with their front 4, Manning wil carve them up and you can't blitz him or he will make you pay.

I can't wait for week 11.

Barrelman Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep waiting for the Chiefs to do something that makes me believe they can actually come to Denver and give us a game. But playing 3 third string QBs 3 weeks in a row and not dominating a single game just confirms that they are the Broncos of 2011. It can work great against average teams. But against elite teams, they stand no chance.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep waiting for the Chiefs to do something that makes me believe they can actually come to Denver and give us a game. But playing 3 third string QBs 3 weeks in a row and not dominating a single game just confirms that they are the Broncos of 2011. It can work great against average teams. But against elite teams, they stand no chance.

I keep waiting for them to show me something that suggests they are capable of holding serve at home against the Broncos even. Of course, that game will have a lot of intangibles at play, but I like the Broncos chances of going into KC and winning a lot more than the Chiefs chances of coming into Denver and winning.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree::10:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about man?? The ONLY metric Ive used in my discussion on Smith is the only one that matters. Wins. I dont care about any other metric and neither should you. You guys want to hem and haw on semantics but KC is 8-0 and in first place and their QB is part of the reason, a big part. Stats are irrelevant to me and I only use them to point out how you guys are cherry picking them. Anyway Im done with this because if people care more about 300 yard games than wins I cant have a rational argument with them. Good luck the rest of the year. Your team is outstanding.

And therein lies your problem. Wins are not solely a measure of a qb, but of a team. Look at Tim Tebow or Vince Young for perfect examples. Both have winning records as starting qbs, yet neither can even get a sniff of a backup job. Why is that? If wins is the only thing that matters when evaluating a qb, why is it that two winning qbs can't get jobs when there are so many losing qbs out there?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday's game was a ringing endorsement of what we have been saying here. The defense is what made the difference in this game. That defense has some weaknesses, too. They got run over by the Bills on the ground. In the remaining 7 games the Chiefs are going to face some offenses that are actually going to be able to exploit this weakness and score some touchdowns.

I don't see the Chiefs unravelling, but I do see them looking mediocre through the second half of the season en route to their #5 playoff dead and wild card playoff exit.

Here's another interesting stat from the Bills game about the Chiefs defense. The Chiefs, who lead the NFL in sacks, didn't register a single hit on the Bills qb. Forget getting a sack, they never even hit him! That's a Bills offense that has allowed the 6th most sacks this season. It could be that offenses are figuring out how to slow down the Chiefs pass rush (they only registered one sack against the Browns).

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha, I just pointed that out before I read this post.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, all the debate will soon be set aside and we'll see if we are right about the Chiefs. I am really looking forward to this game and feel very confident about the Broncos chances going in. The Chiefs are a good team and the Broncos have a bit of a gauntlet ahead. A win tonight is a very important step for these Broncos.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so legit question for you guys. Say denver wins something like 30-27 tonight in a close competitve game. Is that enough for the denver fans to say that kc might be for real or is there simply no result (even a kc win ) that will make you guys believers without seeing it a few more times?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so legit question for you guys. Say denver wins something like 30-27 tonight in a close competitve game. Is that enough for the denver fans to say that kc might be for real or is there simply no result (even a kc win ) that will make you guys believers without seeing it a few more times?

Denver could win this game 56-0 and I would still think the Chiefs were a good team. Nobody here has denied they are a good team. But nobody here is intimidated either.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver could win this game 56-0 and I would still think the Chiefs were a good team. Nobody here has denied they are a good team. But nobody here is intimidated either.

?? Ok I guess. Clearly no one is intimidated ( as you shouldnt be ) but there have been plenty of comments on this thread saying the chiefs arent good. Anyway good luck tonight guys. Im interested to see how this thing goes.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?? Ok I guess. Clearly no one is intimidated ( as you shouldnt be ) but there have been plenty of comments on this thread saying the chiefs arent good. Anyway good luck tonight guys. Im interested to see how this thing goes.

I can't speak for those who think the Chiefs are not good, as I am not one of the ones who made those comments. I'm pretty sure most of the regulars around here have acknowledged the Chiefs are a good team, but I am not going to go back and re-read the entire thread to see who is right. I personally think Denver runs away with this game, but in the NFL anything can happen. It doesn't make the losing side a bad team, either way.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs Defense gets exposed tonight.

There offense already has. They have not scored an offensive TD in 6 quarters of play and only 1 TD in each of 2 quarters over the last 10.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos: unforced fumble. Chiefs: forced fumble. Nice.