• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just Another Brick in the Wall................

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards have had stellar pitching even in the face of injuries to the pitching staff roster. Lets look at a breakdown of what is going on out in Bird land: St. Louis already has three starters on the disabled list: Chris Carpenter (who hasn't pitched this season), Jaime Garcia (out for the season)and Jake Westbrook. Gast, who is starting in place of Westbrook, went down last night after 1 inning with shoulder stiffness in his right shoulder. So where is the next brick in the wall going to come from?

I have to believe the run of great starting pitching for the Birdlins is about to hit the wall. Don't be surprised to see the Birdlins make a move for a frontline pitcher if they don't have another good one in the farm. The way the Reds are playing right now--the Birdlins should be worried.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Lousy has a kid named Wacha in the minors who is supposed to be pretty good. Don't know if they want to bring him in just yet. They have 6 rookies on their staff now, Gast included. So they are quite vulnerable over 162.

Westbrook will be back. Garcia won't. I haven't heard on Gast if his injury is serious, but I think Shelby Miller and Gast could be on an innings limit. I have not heard that from anybody.

Tyler Lyons has 1 game on his record so he's due to get roughed up eventually.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well, don't forget ... "Dusty ruins young pitchers."

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know how the Cards have done it this long. Every time they lose a good player not just pitchers. They pull someone out of the scap heap, and don't miss a beat. This can't go on forever.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as many have alluded to on this board, and johnu points out, the cards have an excellent farm system. their call-ups are always very close to, if not absolutely, mlb ready when they arrive. the yankees are doing the same thing under more difficult circumstances.