• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Howard will thrive in Nagy's offense

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to me to bash the Jordan Howard supporters please.

Bash anyone you want. All I'm saying is that there are some better discussions to be had. And you could be a part of that.

And when it comes to Trubisky, i believe he's played more than 2 games.

The point is the number of games only seems to matter when it's in your favor. Don't move goal posts just to suit your needs.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem is....you're quite obviously not a genius. You obviously understand football and aren't an idiot. Genius is pushing it way too far though. Better than average would probably sum it up. Way better than the average idiot here would be entirely accurate.

There are indeed some serious morons here. And if you wanna pat yourself on the back because you spend your time bickering with them and it makes you feel better about yourself....then by all means have at it chucko.

Fair enough.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bash anyone you want. All I'm saying is that there are some better discussions to be had. And you could be a part of that.

The point is the number of games only seems to matter when it's in your favor. Don't move goal posts just to suit your needs.

I can see your still in your Bears SportsHoopla phase where you think there's a point in trying to reason with BS. It will pass.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see your still in your Bears SportsHoopla phase where you think there's a point in trying to reason with BS. It will pass.

This is long winded drivel richi. He loves stats but stats confuse him. He think Denver is unbeatable in September because it's tough to play in 70 degree weather in Denver.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when it comes to Trubisky, i believe he's played more than 2 games.

Trubisky looks like a deer in the headlights. He could be good in a year or two when the game slows down for him. By then the defense will be older and a shell of it's former self.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky looks like a deer in the headlights. He could be good in a year or two when the game slows down for him. By then the defense will be older and a shell of it's former self.

On December 22, 2019, Mitchell "I heart you Bae" Trubisky shall outplay Patrick Mahomes.

Thus it is is predicted.

Now we continue with our regularly scheduled program of genius and co. trying to make it seem like the Eagles-a pass first team-only running Howard 14 times in two weeks-when they have 2 other good running backs-is some sort of indication that he's going to be out of football or something. Amazing stuff.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3avtuh.jpg

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to some of the geniuses here, Howard is just biding time to cash in on free agency. He's apparently going to make bank!

Shhh don't tell anyone but Howard was never that good. EVER.

Well I wouldnt say ever.....He definetley had a nice start to his career,but his totals kept going down year after year.....

Bears dis the right thing by getting rid xif him......
He will never sniff anything close to his past accomplishments......And to tell you the teuth he may not wven sniff the endzone this year.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard is still a good RB but he needs 25 touches a game to be effective. The NFL has changed so he won't be getting the touches he needs. Personally I think Philly should run a lot more to keep Wentz from taking such a beating. He won't last 16 games if they continue with their current scheme.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard is still a good RB but he needs 25 touches a game to be effective. The NFL has changed so he won't be getting the touches he needs. Personally I think Philly should run a lot more to keep Wentz from taking such a beating. He won't last 16 games if they continue with their current scheme.

A RB who cannot contribute in the passing game (or only on a minimal basis) will never see 25 touches per game in today's NFL.

Howard is a good runner, but this is probably his future. He can be valuable in this role. I mean, we've all seen New England have tons of success with a guy like Blount or Corey Dillon. Who takes the early down carries before giving way to the Kevin Faulk's and James White's of the world.

He's averaging 4.4 yards per carry right now. He'll probably notch about 10 carries a game and would return to a featured role if an injury should occur to Sanders.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is a defense with the majority of its starters under 25 and 10 of 11 under 30 (Amukamara having just turned 30) going to be washed up in a year? lol

I mean, the year AFTER next is the first worry with a few contracts, but that's really the only manner with which it will decline. Minnesota's D is in its 5th year of going strong since they began in a similar situation breaking out back in 2015. The Bears D under Lovie went hard from 05 through 12 with Urlacher injuries in 07 and 09 being the only exceptions.

One day, the D will decline. No doubt. However, your target just seems to be a bit on the "hopeful" side for an opposing fan. lol

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wouldnt say ever.....He definetley had a nice start to his career,but his totals kept going down year after year.....

Bears dis the right thing by getting rid xif him......
He will never sniff anything close to his past accomplishments......And to tell you the teuth he may not wven sniff the endzone this year.....

He was never good. Jordan Howard is 24 years old. His skills didn't just diminish overnight. Once again, just because he put up good stats doesn't mean he's a good player. He ran through monster holes those first couple of years. Any average back would have put up similar if not better stats in the same role as Howard those first couple of years.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a great back! He's only good unless he has at minimum 25 touches. I prefer the backs that are good no matter the number of touches. But that's just me i guess.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great back! He's only good unless he has at minimum 25 touches. I prefer the backs that are good no matter the number of touches. But that's just me i guess.
That does sound like you. I'm glad to see it's really you because some foo hacked your account and has been running around the board making you look really stupid for the past 3 or 4 years.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does sound like you. I'm glad to see it's really you because some foo hacked your account and has been running around the board making you look really stupid for the past 3 or 4 years.

Yeah. Jordan Howard is making me look awful!

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On December 22, 2019, Mitchell "I heart you Bae" Trubisky shall outplay Patrick Mahomes.

Were they going to meet up for a game of checkers or something before the football game?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One day, the D will decline. No doubt. However, your target just seems to be a bit on the "hopeful" side for an opposing fan. lol

Yes sir. The word is hopium.
It actually took Trubisky 3 years in college before the light came on. So maybe by the end of this year, he might start putting it all together (same amount of games). I actually thought he was going to be much better already. I have had Allen Robinson in my keeper league for years and it's frustrating to watch a high end route runner in his prime get wasted by Trubisky's inaccuracy.
The defense will be good for awhile though. Even Floyd is looking strong now for you guys. I thought he might be a Mingo type of bust pick but I guess not. Fuller took awhile to come around too but he looks great as well. Seems like everyone is gelling around the same time. Great job by the GM to put that team together.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually took Trubisky 3 years in college before the light came on. So maybe by the end of this year, he might start putting it all together (same amount of games). I actually thought he was going to be much better already. I have had Allen Robinson in my keeper league for years and it's frustrating to watch a high end route runner in his prime get wasted by Trubisky's inaccuracy.
The defense will be good for awhile though. Even Floyd is looking strong now for you guys. I thought he might be a Mingo type of bust pick but I guess not. Fuller took awhile to come around too but he looks great as well. Seems like everyone is gelling around the same time. Great job by the GM to put that team together.
Trubisky didn't start for the first 2 years of his college career, so i wouldn't necessarily say that it took him 3 years for the light to come on. There was a solid starter ahead of him that they had their offense built around.

That said, Trubisky is actually very accurate when he knows where to go with the ball. It's his inability to make reads and get through his progressions that get him in trouble. Unfortunately at this point, if he can't anticipate where guys are going to be in relation to the defense, i don't think he ever really will. He'll probably top out at being Jay Cutler (see it throw it kind of guy) if he can't make significant improvements from here, and quick. If you look at the overwhelming majority of QBs, you pretty much know what they're going to be for the rest of their career by the end of year 3. If this is it, it's basically Cutler 2.0, just that Mitch is a more likable person.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, Floyd was always a good player. He just has never had a year where he didn't run into an injury. Hopefully, he can catch a break with that this season.

Kyle Fuller is just odd. I've never seen a guy look like a such a sure bust through 3 seasons and then suddenly become a stud. I remember he didn't play one snap due to a "lingering hip injury" in 2016 and people feared his career might be over. Man... what a turn of events in 2017.