• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jon Bostic to New England

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bostic's future is better than your typical 6th rounder's. Even if he had just stayed a backup, I don't like this deal.

Pace scares me. I really haven't liked his moves much, but the problem is he has made such big moves that you can't justify firing him for 3+ years. If he isn't a guru, we just threw away five years because of one guy's whim.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One draft...3 games... and you already want to fire the guy?

The worst Bears GM...wait let me rephrase. Worst (A) Angelo... was given 10 seasons... And Worst (B) Emery...was given 3 seasons.

This guy only gets ONE Season? Over react much?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bostic's future is better than your typical 6th rounder's. Even if he had just stayed a backup, I don't like this deal.

Pace scares me. I really haven't liked his moves much, but the problem is he has made such big moves that you can't justify firing him for 3+ years. If he isn't a guru, we just threw away five years because of one guy's whim.
I guess only time will tell

C

cubzzzfanincali

I'd say the opposite. His "big moves" have all created flexibility. He has mostly gotten rid of guys and long term contracts. The only big move that was a commitment was McPhee, which so far is hard to criticize. Opening up cap space and adding more picks can hardly be seen as "throwing away 5 years."

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sold on Pace in the least. I question most all his moves so far. He started off by getting rid of Marshal and then did not get Cutler moved. While I'm not against him yet I am not happy with him either. I'll give it more time tho.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. I like BS. His history with a lot of the posters here goes back over a decade, with those of us who were over at ESPN. He's provided some solid entertainment. Once you figure out his schtick, you'll stop taking him so seriously and laugh. I think it's hilarious that he gets under people's skin so much.

He's harmless.
Let's focus on Seattle?

I don't think he is BS75.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One draft...3 games... and you already want to fire the guy?

The worst Bears GM...wait let me rephrase. Worst (A) Angelo... was given 10 seasons... And Worst (B) Emery...was given 3 seasons.

This guy only gets ONE Season? Over react much?

I have said from the beginning that Fox is going to have more control over this roster than people think. How accurate was the report that Pace was talking to Dallas about Forte and Fox stepped in to nix it? Pace might have been rivaling a Hershel Walker deal and Karma paying back Dallas, but Fox said no. Heard it somewhere, did not make it up.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said from the beginning that Fox is going to have more control over this roster than people think. How accurate was the report that Pace was talking to Dallas about Forte and Fox stepped in to nix it? Pace might have been rivaling a Hershel Walker deal and Karma paying back Dallas, but Fox said no. Heard it somewhere, did not make it up.
AI, I think you're reading into these conspiracy theories too much. There is a thing called clickbait... Writing a headline that says: Fox Overides Young GM Pace's Deal. <or implies that...is going to get a lot of clicks, but it simply doesn't mean much. Don't worry about it... unless of course Forte is traded for a kings ransom. (<never going to happen in a million years)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that answers my question "How good is John Bostic?"
For a 6th rd pick you did good. He is young and could still be a good player one day. His instincts seem bad but in all fairness our great DC Tucker confused even the veterans. You got much to gain and little to lose.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herschel Walkers deals will not happen anymore.....especially for Matt Forte

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pace has made big moves? Not really. We haven't even seen the guy attempt to build a team yet. All he's done is begin to clean up the mess Emery left us with.