• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Christmas Eve- Week 16- New England Patriots @ Denver Broncos

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling TO's gave Pats life oops Payton
I get it though. You're banking on a stop and another shot at a game winner. Not playing for OT but playing to win. I don't disagree, it just didn't work out this time.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it though. You're banking on a stop and another shot at a game winner. Not playing for OT but playing to win. I don't disagree, it just didn't work out this time.
disappointed in Surtain a little bit but the D did their job the drive before to get the ball to Russ who ran some terrible plays

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a F'ked up game. What's worse, I gave up on the game in the 3rd Quarter and then - the Broncos came back - but it was just a tease.

I enjoyed the season, but not playoffs this year.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a F'ked up game. What's worse, I gave up on the game in the 3rd Quarter and then - the Broncos came back - but it was just a tease.

I enjoyed the season, but not playoffs this year.

Kind of a microcosm of the whole season in one game, really. Dismal start, flare of hope, only to be let down.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can start 24 decisions now

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't any different, they just went on an unsustainable run due to turnover luck. Lots of areas that need improved on this team.
It’s simply my opinion that they are a better team now than the first five weeks of the season. But I do agree that there are numerous areas that need improvement, and some by quite a bit.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally - I'm done with Wilson. I still don't understand what prevents a football from traveling from Wilson to Jeudy. I do see that the Broncos will not allow Wilson to throw to a spot and expect Jeudy to be there - which is Jeudy's best game. The Broncos should have traded Jeudy at the deadline - if this is all they plan to do with him. Even when Sutton comes out of the game and Brandon Johnson goes in - the passes go to Johnson and not Jeudy.

Middle of the pack draft pick - do you think?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally - I'm done with Wilson. I still don't understand what prevents a football from traveling from Wilson to Jeudy. I do see that the Broncos will not allow Wilson to throw to a spot and expect Jeudy to be there - which is Jeudy's best game. The Broncos should have traded Jeudy at the deadline - if this is all they plan to do with him. Even when Sutton comes out of the game and Brandon Johnson goes in - the passes go to Johnson and not Jeudy.

Middle of the pack draft pick - do you think?

I've tried really hard to support Russell Wilson this season and his statistical numbers are miles better than last year. However, he just isn't a game changer and our offense is still stalled out. This experiment is over and it's going to cost the Broncos for years to come. In hindsight, signing him to his new contract before he ever took a snap in a Broncos uniform may end up being one of the worst organizational decisions ever made in Denver. It's going to be so painful financially to get out from under Wilson but I think the Broncos need to make a change...no matter what it costs. Rip the band aid off now and start the rebuild with an empty bank account. Sigh....

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
denver lost the game in the first four possession playing a team that at most would score 16 points

Payton was not prepared for the first 4 possessions . should have been up 10-14 nothing

if you are going for it on 4 downs from the 6 run the damn ball 4 times or take the points

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a theory that Payton wanted to lose this game to not be stuck with Russ next year. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Overeall happy with our season for the most part now just make the moves needed for next year.

Easier said then done when the biggest move needed is at QB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a great motto for this team with fans this year would be.

When you're up, everybody loves you. When you're down everybody hates you.

Fans are funny.

We saw it all this year. The whiners, the drama queens, the love one minute, hate the next minute fans. Win one more game and it will meet my expectations. I love the growth but not the biggest fan of the bumpy ending but I think we know what we are capable of next year.

Starting 1-5 and going 10-7 would have been a pipe dream after the 1-5 start. Now the next two weeks will dictate our overall success of this year. Gotta win at least 1, IMO to feel better about the direction of this season.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pipe dream perhaps but doable. The Chiefs started 2015 1-5 and they finished 11-5.

When the Broncos lost that game to the Texans the wheels seemingly came off. Sure they rebounded for a decisive win the very next week. And you can argue they just ran into a better team against the Lions. But the Patriots?

I actually am curious what they do at DC next year. Will Vance Joseph be back? I actually wouldn’t hate seeing what he could do at DC with a more robust front 7.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pipe dream perhaps but doable. The Chiefs started 2015 1-5 and they finished 11-5.

When the Broncos lost that game to the Texans the wheels seemingly came off. Sure they rebounded for a decisive win the very next week. And you can argue they just ran into a better team against the Lions. But the Patriots?

I actually am curious what they do at DC next year. Will Vance Joseph be back? I actually wouldn’t hate seeing what he could do at DC with a more robust front 7.

Pipedream only because of the 1-5 start. Once we go to 7-7, 10-7 seemed very doable to me but I also wasn't expecting it. Figured we were not consistent enough to get to 10-7 but I had hopes.

Felt good to have some hope for the first time in 7 years.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're up, everybody loves you. When you're down everybody hates you.

“You know the routine, when you winnin' they're grinnin'
All up in your face, like they was wit' you from the beginnin'
But on the flipside, when you're washed up like a riptide
Fools clown 'bout how you slipped and let s*** slide”

-Fatlip