• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joining sportsman’s/gun club

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone a member of one of these organizations? I’m thinking now that I’m a little older and have some free time, one of these types of clubs might be good place to go hang out and shoot.

The club near me has a trap league, small bore rifle shoot and a pistol bowling pin shoot. The club seems like a cool place to hang out and participate in shooting sports. One of the other kickers is that you can also hunt and fish on the clubs property. Seems cheap enough at $65 a year.

Just wondering what you guys think or have experienced with your own clubs.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I belong to my local trap/skeet/5stand club costs is $125 but you get a key and you can go in at any time and shoot. Starting around April myself and a group of my employees get together every Tuesday and shoot 4 rounds of skeet it allows us to bond and get away from stress and work. Plus, I let them take off work early on Tuesday. Fridays and Sundays I also shoot with a group of friends both 5 stand, trap and skeet. After shooting we always have a couple of beers and maybe a cigar.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone a member of one of these organizations? I’m thinking now that I’m a little older and have some free time, one of these types of clubs might be good place to go hang out and shoot.

The club near me has a trap league, small bore rifle shoot and a pistol bowling pin shoot. The club seems like a cool place to hang out and participate in shooting sports. One of the other kickers is that you can also hunt and fish on the clubs property. Seems cheap enough at $65 a year.

Just wondering what you guys think or have experienced with your own clubs.

I freaking love my club.

I honestly cannot say anything bad about it. We charge 40 bucks a year but also require all members to do 40 hours "community service" to help the club.

I have about 70 hours already this year and will most likely end in like the 200 range.

Great fucking people and all like minded. I would bet you will love it as well.

No better times (well maybe hunting) then plinking some plates or bowling pins...cleaning up and going to have a few beers with the guys.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys. Looks like I'm going to give it a go. I really don't see any reason why I shouldn't join at this point.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys. Looks like I'm going to give it a go. I really don't see any reason why I shouldn't join at this point.

I would be shocked if you do not fall in love with the place...if you dont then find another

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am member as well and really like it a lot. It give you a great opportunity to shoot, see other guns, pick up great pointers, ect...

Plus, you'll be the cool friend. All my friends request to go whenever I head out there.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all got me thinking so I just looked up some info on the closest Shooters Club to me, I'm thinking about giving it a shot. It's $120 a yr. but they have a $10 per day rate too so I may do that first to make sure I like it before committing to a full year. Ever since my wife and I bought our house like 5 yrs ago, which is in the city limits, I've only been able to go shooting twice and that was on my mothers property and that's a 45 min drive. If I don't get to shoot my new Mossberg soon I'm gonna have a stroke.