• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Philbin

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cards I never endorsed Philbin I'm on the fence but after yesterday I'm starting to slide off. I don't think Rex is a great coach either but he out coached Philbin. At this point I'm hoping Philbin proves us wrong and rights the ship after another offseason to plug the holes. Things are never as bad or good as they look. Either way he's on his last straw no doubt about it...

Honestly Flyer, I truly can't possibly begin to understand the reasoning behind ANYBODY endorsing Joe Philbin at this point. I mean, there once was a time that 'stability' and 'zero turnover' meant almost more than any other aspect when building/maintaining a successful NFL franchise. In todays NFL however, stability really doesn't mean squat, ESPECIALLY when your head coach has shown time and time again the more than obvious inability to not only elevate the play of his team but also consistently put together a good game plan each and every week. Extremely shoddy time clock management, horrible preparation, ridiculously inept football management both in the locker room and on the field. Being guilty of ANY of these three could quite possibly be grounds for dismissal with ANY team(except Miami). Being guilty of all THREE?! I'm completely baffled as to why Ross chose to bring back Philbin. There have been so many examples of a good coach completely turning around a franchise in ONE DAMN YEAR...Rex Ryan would win 10 games RIGHT NOW with the Miami Dolphins. I'm still waiting for someone, ANYONE, to please tell me ONE DAMN THING Joe Philbin has brought to the Miami Dolphins that might be confused as 'positive'.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Coyle and sign Rex as D coordinator. Need to give him good money, but think it would be worth it as Rex figures what to do long term, maybe get his services for year or two?

I would be amazed if Rex isn't offered a HC job within the next couple of weeks. Guys clearly love playing for him, he's shown the ability to make smart, aggressive decisions with the game on the line, certainly seems to elevate his players abilities(Geno-158.3 QBR....hilarious)......pretty much entirely opposite from our head coach if you think about it. Weird....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be amazed if Rex isn't offered a HC job within the next couple of weeks. Guys clearly love playing for him, he's shown the ability to make smart, aggressive decisions with the game on the line, certainly seems to elevate his players abilities(Geno-158.3 QBR....hilarious)......pretty much entirely opposite from our head coach if you think about it. Weird....

Rex would make a great DC but HC is too much for him. Either way he's not taking a DC position. Either way he's shown more than Philbin so far in their careers. Sounds like Ross is willing to give him one more year in hopes that the experience pays off. I can live with it as guys like this usually come back a second time around and do well. Really hard to say...but at the same time it's not like there's a sure fire coach waiting in the wings. The other teams are interviewing assistants who are a wildcard too. I'm just trying to be optimistic as its done...

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex would make a great DC but HC is too much for him. Either way he's not taking a DC position. Either way he's shown more than Philbin so far in their careers. Sounds like Ross is willing to give him one more year in hopes that the experience pays off. I can live with it as guys like this usually come back a second time around and do well. Really hard to say...but at the same time it's not like there's a sure fire coach waiting in the wings. The other teams are interviewing assistants who are a wildcard too. I'm just trying to be optimistic as its done...

No, I can totally understand where you're coming from. But, again, virtually ANYBODY that could be 'technically qualified' for a head coaching position in the NFL couldn't do much worse than Philbin has in his 3 yrs with the Dolphins(if at all). There are SEVERAL college coaches that are simply just waiting for their opportunity, several more 'unemployed' head coaches that would be an instant upgrade(Brian Billick, Marty Shottenheimer, Bill Cowher to name a few). I cannot speak intelligently who might be available and who would not, but I can assure you Ross knows-or in the very least he SHOULD. It really just continues to fall back on Stephen Ross. Did he not begin compiling a list of possible candidates after the epic collapse LAST season? He most certainly should have.....did he not become even a little bit curious as to whom might be available when Kansas City handed us our ass in Miami? Or when we got taken out behind the wood shed (again in Miami) by Baltimore? The problem seems to be Ross NEVER has a plan 'B'. EVER. His backup plan when Harbaugh bailed on him was Sparano. Outstanding. I will be curious to see the list of candidates in the event Philbin is fired(which I personally believe it absolutely inevitable). Every single Miami Dolphins fan will be happy after next season, some for different reasons than others. IF Philibin can finally grasp the concept of 'elevating the abilities' of his team-not to mention countless other deficiencies Philbin simply cannot seem to conquer-then Miami will be playoff bound and virtually all Fin fans will rejoice. If next year is more of the same shit show we Dolphins fans have grown accustomed to watching, then its 'so long Joe, thanks for flying United...'-and again all Dolphins fans will rejoice. Either way, it has become completely exhausting waiting for this franchise to FINALLY get it right.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it's frustrating alright but Philbin will get four years to learn how to call a TO at the right time, make in game adjustments, go for it on 4th down at the RIGHT time, etc....if not bye bye. you have to remember that some of the girls you mentioned have no interest they have cushy TV jobs. I would take Billick but not sure if he's even interested.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it's frustrating alright but Philbin will get four years to learn how to call a TO at the right time, make in game adjustments, go for it on 4th down at the RIGHT time, etc....if not bye bye. you have to remember that some of the girls you mentioned have no interest they have cushy TV jobs. I would take Billick but not sure if he's even interested.

Lol, again-all very valid points Flyer. I think the ONLY way some of those guys take a head coaching job is if it is with a team that is literally ONE GOOD COACH away from a championship, which CLEARLY is not the Dolphins. Now, if Hickey turns in a solid draft(not necessarily spectacular, just solid), then this team might fit that bill. I also have a pretty strong hunch Wallace might have played his last game(or last half, depending how you look at it) in Miami. Stay tuned....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that you're not right on Wallace as they don't need to create another need! I believe that they could use a taller TE or WR but not a number one guy. Find them later in the draft or FA.

Otherwise I think that the team is intriguing enough at this point to create more interest but most of those vet coaches would want total control and would Ross do that? I doubt it...

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that you're not right on Wallace as they don't need to create another need! I believe that they could use a taller TE or WR but not a number one guy. Find them later in the draft or FA.

Otherwise I think that the team is intriguing enough at this point to create more interest but most of those vet coaches would want total control and would Ross do that? I doubt it...

I completely agree with you on Ross. I believe he's really high on Hickey, as he should be. Had a really solid draft in his first year. Should be even better in his second. I think a vet head coach would be open to 'share' personnel decisions, and not necessarily having full control. I think Shannahan might be an option. The guy can flat out COACH...definitely gets the most out of his players, virtually never gets out coached. I don't hold what happened to him in Washington against him, as Dan Snyder might be the worst owner in all of football. I could see Shanahan taking Tannehills abilities to another level. Also would bring a lot of credibility and respect to Miami, something Miami has been devoid of for far too many years.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Shanahan too he'd be fine. The only other option is rolling the dice on a coordinator or college coach and they've tried both already. Funny I see the niners may be giving NE's OC another shot after failing in Denver. It's a crapshoot!