• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Burrow gets paid

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we resigned him, however knowing the Bengals, we will not spend any money anywhere else and will cut corners and find a way to lose, and our offensive line will get him injured. That said, I think the Bengals would have won that Super Bowl had we still had Dalton, Rocket wouldn't have taken all those sacks that Burrow does.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again...the cap is going to go up $25M next year...and most likely even more in 2025.

Contracts can be re-written to absorb cap across years by turning specifics into bonus payments.

Now, you can't pay everyone without some kind of concessions, but that doesn't always mean from the players in question. Looking across at extensions like Mixon, Wilson, Hendrickson, and Pratt...you see a lowering of the cap numbers and guys who took less money than market value. That enables the team to focus on areas where the skill players will get more money simply because that is what the market dictates.

Does that mean everyone will sign? Of course not. But to think that the money isn't there, or there isn't a way to get it all done is just not true...it does come down to value of each signing and eventually....where you prefer to allocate the money. I've said since last year, and Crash will remember...if Tee wants to get PAID - it won't be here. He's not Chase. He's not Jefferson. I think he's a very, very good WR - but I see him on the lower end of Tier 1 WR, and more at that top of those Tier 2 WR. That's not a slam, but I do think that's where he falls. If he takes a deal that puts him in that range, there's no question there's value in paying him in Cincinnati. If he wants to get into that top Tier 1 money - then it won't be here. There's just not enough value in paying him that kind of money.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like Chris Jones in KC...?

Course last night's loss may be a motivator to get that deal done...
I think the "distraction" ship has already sailed on that one but yeah, the Chiefs need to nip that one in the bud sooner, rather than later like the Niners did. As for last night, Spagnolo had the D ready and they played well, for the most part. Maybe Jones helps slow down the run game but even with him, it wouldn't have fixed how inconsistent and woeful the offense was. Hard to believe a Reid/ Mahomes offense couldn't do better than 20 points for and gave up 6. Going in, if anybody would have said KCs D only gives up 2 scores, I think it would have been unanimous that the Chiefs win in a rout. I guess that's why we play the games though.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing its a constant rotation because no one has separated from the pack. Rashee Rice dropping balls probably isnt crazy because he is a rookie but MVS, Skyy Moore and Toney are who you'd normally expect to step up. I know Justyn Ross might actually have the most upside of the bunch but his injury history is well documented.

Chiefs, imo, had some issues at WR last year. That first Chargers game was pretty ugly imo. It just didn't matter because MVS stepped up big against the Bengals and the Chiefs offense was near perfect in the Super Bowl. The issue with the WRs has never been talent but consistency. Relying on any of their WRs seems to be kinda foolish so they just went with a ton of different 'talented', unreliable WRs and that strategy backfired big in week 1
Toney was the main culprit

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rice's long term outlook....kid will be fine. And really good.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was but Rice had issues in the preseason and Moore last season.
I take more issue with Moore being a full-time starter with full-time snaps and getting shutout against the Lions. Dude is going to rapidly lose any benefit of the doubt he had left after a stinker like that.

At least Rice and Toney could say they got open in their relatively limited snaps.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take more issue with Moore being a full-time starter with full-time snaps and getting shutout agains the Lions. Dude is going to rapidly lose any benefit of the doubt he had left after a stinker like that.

At least Rice and Toney could say they got open in their relatively limited snaps.
He seems like a #3 or #4 guy.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it can be difficult but try and not be stupid.

Jones is not the fucking headcase AB is. SMH.
He pissed me off walking off the field...

but I try to remember the good days of consistent greatness like no one else ever.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take more issue with Moore being a full-time starter with full-time snaps and getting shutout against the Lions. Dude is going to rapidly lose any benefit of the doubt he had left after a stinker like that.

I agree. Fuck moore. Just put Richie James in there, why do all he coaches hate him?

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting timing to drop the news.
It's not uncommon for players/agents/teams to agree ahead of time that they won't discuss new contracts during the (regular) season.

I wouldn't be surprised if some teams had a standing policy of not doing that.