• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jo-Lonn Dunbar, suspended 4 games

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Jabara Williams LAST YEAR... any of the CBS guys remember how I called him as a draft pick in January 2012 when I previewed the draft?? I was irked when they let him get picked up off the practice squad but I am glad he is back... Ray Ray is also impressing as is Josh Hull... I think we will be ok

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue - The Great Sphinx in Egypt bears a strong resemblance to Retro. A coincidence? I think not!

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all...... WELCOME LongTimeRamsFan!!!

We are very glad to have you aboard!!!

the only problem with that is you can't prove if it was intentional or not.

if a player was taking a supplement that had a banned substance in it and it wasn't listed, you can't ban the guy for life for that.

I'm not saying that is the case with Dunbar. With all these sports stars we thought were clean now coming under fire, you can't trust anyone anymore.
It sure would help if JoLonn Dummybar would come out and tell us what the heck he took. It tells me more to the story if the dude has a problem making such a statement.

The evil guilty bastards are easy to spot!
They wear different colour uniforms.
:D
LOL I felt this from my opening statement. I would just assume that anyone of those the Hawck players, as in Sea-Hacks, were just guilty just because of guilt by association, y'all may know how I feel about Cheat Carrol the Hawck's HC.

I loved Jabara Williams LAST YEAR... any of the CBS guys remember how I called him as a draft pick in January 2012 when I previewed the draft?? I was irked when they let him get picked up off the practice squad but I am glad he is back... Ray Ray is also impressing as is Josh Hull... I think we will be ok
Actually I do, I've always like the dude and we'll get a good look at him the first four games. What an opportunity for the the man.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all...... WELCOME LongTimeRamsFan!!!

We are very glad to have you aboard!!!

It sure would help if JoLonn Dummybar would come out and tell us what the heck he took. It tells me more to the story if the dude has a problem making such a statement.

LOL I felt this from my opening statement. I would just assume that anyone of those the Hawck players, as in Sea-Hacks, were just guilty just because of guilt by association, y'all may know how I feel about Cheat Carrol the Hawck's HC.

Actually I do, I've always like the dude and we'll get a good look at him the first four games. What an opportunity for the the man.

Thanks Mike!!! I think when the league suspends a guy like this, we should be told by them exactly what substance it's for. Why leave this cloud of mystery over the whole thing by just saying performance enhancers?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The linebacker, who racked up 115 tackles, 4 1/2 sacks and two interceptions while starting all 16 games for the Rams last season, denied he knowingly used PEDs.

"First and foremost, I just want to say I did not take a performance-enhancing drug," Dunbar said in statement issued to ESPN. "I mistakenly took something that prompted a failed drug test."

"I want to say that I sincerely apologize to my teammates, the organization, (head) Coach (Jeff) Fisher, (Rams General Manager Les) Snead, my family and friends. I am deeply saddened by this but I plan to serve my four-game suspension and get back to playing football as soon as possible."

excerpt from:
St. Louis Rams linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar draws 4-game suspension - UPI.com

It would be nice to know the details of what happened, what product was taken, and what substance showed up in the test. I have to assume there could be legal complications if Dunbar cited a product. Fisher's reaction, (he's angry with Dunbar, but he wasn't with Pead or Watkins - who is now with the Chiefs), indicates this was stupid & avoidable. The Rams have apparently known about this for some time, and signed Witherspoon because of it. Witherspoon is expected to be the replacement starter, which doesn't say much for the Rams LB corps.