• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jesus Montero Out 4-8 weeks.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly sure how it happend. He suffered a torn meniscus in his left knee. I heard two different reports one saying 4-6 and one saying 6-8 weeks.

With Morales, Ibanez and Bay all producing right now I figured around August was the soonest we would probably see him back anyway but now its looking like a September call up.

I dont think this affects the big league team in the short team other then it pushes the growth of Montero back. I do feel bad for the guy, as he is still long and hopefully he can bounce back and contribute next year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this season has been a huge disaster for montero, first it started with his name being all over the PED bust in Miami, then not producing at all at the beginning of the season, now in AAA he tears his meniscus i dont think were going to see him in an M's uniform this season. When he gets back in August he still has to get back in playing shape and still prove he can hit. I mean unless we trade kendry morales its not looking good for him

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory is that after getting almost busted for PEDs it scared the living gonads out of Montero. I believe his reaction to this was: "Boy that was a close one, almost got caught. No more PEDs for me"

Hopefully during his rehab he realizes that he's going to need some roids and he decides to unlock his full potential through a needle.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory is that after getting almost busted for PEDs it scared the living gonads out of Montero. I believe his reaction to this was: "Boy that was a close one, almost got caught. No more PEDs for me"

Hopefully during his rehab he realizes that he's going to need some roids and he decides to unlock his full potential through a needle.

thats exactly what I was thinking, maybe he was on the juice this whole time with NYY and now after the PED scandal mentally (or physically) hes trying to get over it and starting to feel the pressure.

he has zunino right there in AAA and he is doing pretty well he will be in the majors in no time, the only thing he has going for him was his bat and that has been terrible, i just think him and ackley there confidence is at an all time low. baseball is a tough sport to be this young kid and have to turn this franchise around

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly sure how it happend. He suffered a torn meniscus in his left knee. I heard two different reports one saying 4-6 and one saying 6-8 weeks.

With Morales, Ibanez and Bay all producing right now I figured around August was the soonest we would probably see him back anyway but now its looking like a September call up.

I dont think this affects the big league team in the short team other then it pushes the growth of Montero back. I do feel bad for the guy, as he is still long and hopefully he can bounce back and contribute next year.

Could be a huge blessing in disguise for him. Wedge said he was out of shape in the spring, he never looked like he had any bounce to his step with the M's. When you are rehabing (especially a knee) you are forced to get in shape and work muscles you never thought possible. Maybe coming back with sharper all around muscles will actually help him. I still don't question his hitting ability, it seems to be his laziness or lack of effort.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still young enough that this shouldn't be a huge setback for him long-term if his goal is to get back to the majors (and we have to assume that it is), but for this season, it could be. The one thing working in his favor in terms of getting back up here faster is that he doesn't have to worry about catching anymore.

The team will probably abandon the plan for him to learn to play first base as well, at least for this season, so he'll only have to worry about working on getting his swing right and his timing back at the plate. If he's the hitter they thought he was when they traded for him, being able to focus solely on that should, theoretically, help him get his swing back faster than if he had to worry about his defense and pitching staff. He should have a good month or so, give-or-take an off day here and there, to get that worked out before the Rainiers' regular season ends in early September. If he's still struggling to find his stroke by then, I don't know what they do with him in September. The Mariners have such a logjam at DH this year that, barring some mid-season moves to clear it up, a struggling Montero in the minors probably doesn't fit in there. If he's swinging the bat well and the M's brass think he's earned his way back, he can spend September getting some AB's in Seattle. In October, assuming the M's haven't made the playoffs, I think he'll spend some time in the AFL whether he's found his swing again or not. The more time he gets to work on his hitting this year, the better, regardless of whether it's at AAA, with the M's or in the Arizona Fall League.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but possibly a suspension for non working PED's might hamper his growth.