• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Jellyfish Vs The New York Henery's

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jones vs Raanta

Martin still out, Lerg called up

Should be interesting game

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well that was a injured tired team

sure looked like it, though I';m not sure that's it. It looked to me like a team with only one real D pairing. When martin went donw, burns went with him. Dillon is a fuckin' mess at all ends of the ice. Not only did he completely losde his man on the breakaway goal, but he sucked in pretty much every facet of the game. he had several shots blocked and if I were a forward, I wouldnt pass it to him on the point cuz its pretty much guarenteed either out or just dumped back into a corner. they could hid him for 15 mins a night on a 3rd pairing, but not he's magically a top 4 Dman and EXACTLY what I expected to happen has. its a repeat of last year to a T. The D blows at both ends. martin with burns makes a power pairing, and the shutdown braun-vlasic pair was effective matching up. now they have no offensive duo, and 3 AHLers on D each night in Dillon, tennyson and demelo. it's a mess.

Also, goldobin is not an NHLer. his hands and offense are there, but he is a solid liability. I can see clearly why he has been a big minus everywhere he's gone from juniors, finland, AHL, wherever. Id rather see Jevpalovs or just move wingels up to #1 line, goodrow to #3 and call up a carpenter or haley to fill the 4th line.

Lastly, though he had lots of chances and has been skating well, patty is now a -3 on the season and planting himself back as the team worst in that category yet again.

The injuries and 3 games in 4 nights takes a major role and really tests a coach. that said, deboers decision to shake up all four lines in response to donskoi and couch's injuries as well as 2 D pairings in response to martin is a head scratcher to me. if my team is playing that well on all cylinders, I try to minimize the impact of injuries by replacing injured players with new ones but keeping all else intact.

Well, adversity has begun and this was definitely the first solid stinker of the year. we'll see how they respond at home...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
not to mention, 3 straight games giving up PP goals (just a 70% PK clip) as well as four straight bad 3rd periods (outscored 6-0 in the last three 3rd periods). the problems of last year are creeping in so I hope that this is just a few games and just the end of a tough trip with lots of injuries and not the end of an improbable start and the beginning of the return of the inconsistent team from last year. Still so so early, but we'll see. I have seen this show before...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
pretty amazing stat: in the two losses, the sharks gave up 8 goals at EV. patty was a -6, and was also on the ice for one of the PP goals against. Out of 10 total goals against, patty was on for 7 of them and not a single goal for. that's a bad 2 games... total road trip: sharks go 2-2, and score 10 goals while giving up 11. #12: 4gp, 1 pt, -5. nice.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well he's eating up cooches ice time so that's going to happen statistically

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just cant beloeve how awful Raanta was.. I mean, he was the castoff of the blackhawks, that was the garbage of the league - worse than crawford, worse than darling.. worse than stalock, just the worst thing in the NHL... Yea im a sharks fans but I do like to put it in your face whne you retards think I dont know what im talking about.... Your first round tradede - who has been great, got owned by the 5th rounded traded guy you all talked shit about... <---- see thoe pads... see what i kn ow -- keep sucking Cmons dick cause he knows the goalie world ;) dueces tard

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cmon wpuld shit his pants if he knew my rl name, and the koolaid teal shit he feeds ya..... Jones is the man, I just love puttin ou turds in your place... and it sucks doing cause im sharks to the end :)

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well he's eating up cooches ice time so that's going to happen statistically

Why would this lead to him being the biggest minus on the team? Ward is a very solid 2-way player and hertl was playing well centering the 3rd line before. Why should patty suck just cuz cooch gets hurt? No excuses, just vintage patty...

Im going thursday, so i hope they get their game back by then. LA is starting to figure it out (figured that would happen), so it will be a tough game. Strangely if the injuries are still there, I hope the lineup is:

Burns-Demelo
Vlasic-braun
dillon-tennyson

That say 2 of the 3 initial dpairs are together and demelo looked good to me.

Thornton-pavs-goldobin (if goldy has to be on the team)
Marleau-ward-Lerg (or whoever)
hertl-Nieto-Wingels (they were effective until broken up)
Goodrow-Tierney-Brown (they were really effective before being broken)

We'll see if deboer tries to go back to good chemistry or keep shuffling.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just cant beloeve how awful Raanta was.. I mean, he was the castoff of the blackhawks, that was the garbage of the league - worse than crawford, worse than darling.. worse than stalock, just the worst thing in the NHL... Yea im a sharks fans but I do like to put it in your face whne you retards think I dont know what im talking about.... Your first round tradede - who has been great, got owned by the 5th rounded traded guy you all talked shit about... <---- see thoe pads... see what i kn ow -- keep sucking Cmons dick cause he knows the goalie world ;) dueces tard
it was one game

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raanta being good in a home game shouldn't be a surprise. He's 15-0-3 in his last 20 home games (2 relief appearances) with a 1.50 gga and .945 save percentage,

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would this lead to him being the biggest minus on the team? Ward is a very solid 2-way player and hertl was playing well centering the 3rd line before. Why should patty suck just cuz cooch gets hurt? No excuses, just vintage patty...

Im going thursday, so i hope they get their game back by then. LA is starting to figure it out (figured that would happen), so it will be a tough game. Strangely if the injuries are still there, I hope the lineup is:

Burns-Demelo
Vlasic-braun
dillon-tennyson

That say 2 of the 3 initial dpairs are together and demelo looked good to me.

Thornton-pavs-goldobin (if goldy has to be on the team)
Marleau-ward-Lerg (or whoever)
hertl-Nieto-Wingels (they were effective until broken up)
Goodrow-Tierney-Brown (they were really effective before being broken)

We'll see if deboer tries to go back to good chemistry or keep shuffling.
Your on the ice more against top flight opponents then you have a guy like Dillion and demelo and burns on the ice with you on top of that, cause and effect man. He cant do it on his own. Dillion needs to pull his head out

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Your on the ice more against top flight opponents then you have a guy like Dillion and demelo and burns on the ice with you on top of that, cause and effect man. He cant do it on his own. Dillion needs to pull his head out

nah, top D pairing match up again jumbo and pavs. patty is just mercurial as usual. Amazing in the ducks game and then a liability thereafter. Since Jumbo's arrival, patty is a -1. amazing.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
nah, top D pairing match up again jumbo and pavs. patty is just mercurial as usual. Amazing in the ducks game and then a liability thereafter. Since Jumbo's arrival, patty is a -1. amazing.
Nah he's always getting top shut down assignments and not protected like the joes

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What in the flyin f*** was I talking about in my posts lol - Triva Night with draft beers & the sharks game on TV brings out the scitzo in me lol...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What in the flyin f*** was I talking about in my posts lol - Triva Night with draft beers & the sharks game on TV brings out the scitzo in me lol...

Hahaha best post of the year. I was a little worried about yah likewall :-)... We've all been there... no worries. HAHAHA!!!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I respect your honesty lol and it's awesome

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hahaha best post of the year. I was a little worried about yah likewall :-)... We've all been there... no worries. HAHAHA!!!

I was reading it the next day and it just kept getting worse & worse... Thankfully my phone battery was dead so I didnt send out any txt's that night... lol