• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Gruden was not Snyder's 1st choice.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was reported earlier this week on the radio, forgive me but I can't remember if it was Russell, or Keim that said there was a standing offer on the table for Cowher before Jay took the job. Hard to imagine Snyder going to Jay without first asking Jon to take the job.

So basically Jay was the 3rd choice at best. With the 4-12 record, the RG3 tug of war, and the fact that he really didn't want the guy, he just settled for him, Jay better get off to a fast start.

If it wasn't for the money and the fact that he fired Shanny just 12 months ago, Jay would be gone already. You know he wants to. I'm interested in what A.J. thinks of Jay now. I know they are close. BTW..Rahim Morris fired Jay in Tampa, hard to see Jay promoting him to Def. Coordinator.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was reported earlier this week on the radio, forgive me but I can't remember if it was Russell, or Keim that said there was a standing offer on the table for Cowher before Jay took the job. Hard to imagine Snyder going to Jay without first asking Jon to take the job.

So basically Jay was the 3rd choice at best. With the 4-12 record, the RG3 tug of war, and the fact that he really didn't want the guy, he just settled for him, Jay better get off to a fast start.

If it wasn't for the money and the fact that he fired Shanny just 12 months ago, Jay would be gone already. You know he wants to. I'm interested in what A.J. thinks of Jay now. I know they are close. BTW..Rahim Morris fired Jay in Tampa, hard to see Jay promoting him to Def. Coordinator.

look , cowher and gruden are entrenched on TV and both turned down jones too . just saying

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was, by no means was Jay Gruden, Dan's "guy." Could explain why we felt he could tell him who his starting qb was going to be in the Minnesota game. He would have never pulled that with Gibbs, or Mike for that matter. Those were his guys. Guys he sought after hard, and got. I am interested to see if A.J. can be that buffer that Allen was "supposed" to be.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you are talking about Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher.. 2 of the best coaches in the last couple of decades. Any Owner/GM would be doing its fanbase an injustice by at least not throwing a feeler out to one of these guys' agents. No news here.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess it's just me then. I was surprised to hear that, given the fact that they didn't want Jay to get on the plane and interview with Tennessee, so much so that they slapped on an extra year at 4plus.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point is you dont always get your first choice and other owners have tried for cowher and jon gruden and have been turned down . carolina wanted cowher and both guys are linked to just about every job opening

as for minnesota i dont by the conspiracy theory either unless you can attach a name to it otherwise its just speculation

i do know that RG3 was benched for mccoy which leads me to believe he has control of who plays and who doesnt

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well according to multiple reports Gruden had to sit down with Snyder, show him film as to why RG3 needed to be benched. I have never heard of a coach having to do that with his owner to simply justify who should see the field on a team he is coaching. But of course there are no names attached to that story so it couldn't possibly be true.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well according to multiple reports Gruden had to sit down with Snyder, show him film as to why RG3 needed to be benched. I have never heard of a coach having to do that with his owner to simply justify who should see the field on a team he is coaching. But of course there are no names attached to that story so it couldn't possibly be true.

i am sure that has happened before and him showing snyder the films and snyder agreeing with him isntb the worst thing to happen

i doubt jay was the 1st choice but again i dont see a conspiracy here