• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Robinson....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Bama kid a lot as a 20’s type pick this draft, with the history of Bama backs in the league, I think he’s a nice add to what should be a decent roster

think Etienne lands very early 2nd

taking a back in round one isn’t very wise when a team has so many needs. My giants drafting Barkley wasn’t very wise even if he has a HOF skill set.

but a team on the come like Miami, I like them adding one of the top 2 backs in this draft

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny had over 3000 yards rushing, averaged 7.6 and scored 34td in his last two seasons at San Diego State, guy even returned kickoffs, what is not to like?

Disregard, you are talking as a 1st rounder, ok I agree,
No second rounder so they didn't have a choice but to reach way earlier than they wanted.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument from me and hopefully Seattle won't do it again.
Funny though. Petey loves to
Run. Loves to Pound the ball. Upset he doesnt let russ cook. Russ does dominate, but always falls off sharply it seems as the season goes on(trouble maintaining). His rb love may lend to the penny pick.

But then Everyone critiques petey for the superbowl interception and letting your star win the game...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not at the start, they absolutely didnt. But between his college film, and wht he showed in house, they were Sold. Look up some stuff on it. They internally thought he was special and they found a diamond. So much so they cut fournette, and then he rewarded that belief.

they released Fournette well before they announced anyone to be the number one back... If I remember right, Robinson was not even their original plan... so, no... Robinson was not the reason they released Fournette… and Robinson was lucky to even get the chance immediately to play... He did show he deserved it when he got it...

But that is back to my original point, that the Jags have nothing invested in him yet... just the hope that he puts up similar numbers to last year... there is no guarantee that the Jags don't draft in competition for Robinson...

we have no clue and no support on whether he will be a one year wonder... and since there is nothing invested in him, if he starts off slow, he may not be given multiple chances to succeed...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they released Fournette well before they announced anyone to be the number one back... If I remember right, Robinson was not even their original plan... so, no... Robinson was not the reason they released Fournette… and Robinson was lucky to even get the chance immediately to play... He did show he deserved it when he got it...

But that is back to my original point, that the Jags have nothing invested in him yet... just the hope that he puts up similar numbers to last year... there is no guarantee that the Jags don't draft in competition for Robinson...

we have no clue and no support on whether he will be a one year wonder... and since there is nothing invested in him, if he starts off slow, he may not be given multiple chances to succeed...
Thats not quite acurate. The part of about him not being announced is accurate. But whatever. I literally just re read how happy they were with him and coupling him with thompson and ozigbo made fournette expendable. But not worth arguing. It will go for pages even if i post direct quotes:rolleyes2: :suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jaguars GM David Caldwell said RB James Robinson's training camp played a role in the decision to release Leonard Fournette.

This backs up Doug Marrone's comments that the gap was “smaller than expected” between Robinson and Fournette. Devine Ozigbo and Ryquell Armstead (COVID-19 list) have been getting the attention, but Robinson is an FCS star that led the nation in total yards after contact (1,332) last year. Robinson is expected to split carries with Ozigbo in Week 1.

Nope no role in the fournette release. Just a quick blip. Theres many more.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny though. Petey loves to
Run. Loves to Pound the ball. Upset he doesnt let russ cook. Russ does dominate, but always falls off sharply it seems as the season goes on(trouble maintaining). His rb love may lend to the penny pick.

But then Everyone critiques petey for the superbowl interception and letting your star win the game...
No doubt pete wants to pound the rock but difficult to do when they're always banged up. I know he wanted that Penny/Carson combo but it's just not going to happen. I don't mind Russ cooking when he's getting rid of the ball early but for whatever reason he started to hold onto the ball to long plus the lack of offensive creativity hasn't helped. Maybe this year will be different.

I hated Bevell's play call. Not that it was a pass but it being the wrong pass call. PA or boot leg Russ to the corner would have been the best choices IMO if your not running Lynch in that spot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt pete wants to pound the rock but difficult to do when they're always banged up. I know he wanted that Penny/Carson combo but it's just not going to happen. I don't mind Russ cooking when he's getting rid of the ball early but for whatever reason he started to hold onto the ball to long plus the lack of offensive creativity hasn't helped. Maybe this year will be different.

I hated Bevell's play call. Not that it was a pass but it being the wrong pass call. PA or boot leg Russ to the corner would have been the best choices IMO if your not running Lynch in that spot.
seems like for a few years, he has 1 great half of the year, and one ehhhhh forgettable.....

but yeah i dont disagree with what you're saying. Wouldnt mind seeing them do well again.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a RB is averaging....

.....he will be moving on.

Hell, Fournette returns kickoffs at LSU, where did those jets go?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a RB is averaging....

.....he will be moving on.

Hell, Fournette returns kickoffs at LSU, where did those jets go?
Lazy, injured, unmotivated in the nfl.i was wrong his 40 was 4.51 at 240!

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got me thinking about "starting' running backs who also returned kicks

Buddy Young Colts all 5-4 of him NCAA/USA 100 champ
Ollie Matson Rams Olympic 400 bronze
Timmy Brown Eagles
Bobby Mitchell Browns the RB next to the FB Jim Brown, Mitchell a Big10 sprint champ
Gale Sayers Bears his HS 24-11 long jump led the nation(HS)
Wilbert Montgomery Eagles
Brian Westbrook Eagles
Terry Mercalf Cards 25-10 long jumper
Eric Metcalf Browns 27-8 long jumper
Paul Lowe Chargers Cali State hurdles champ
Abner Haynes Chiefs
Herschel Walker Cowboys 10 23 at Georgia

Who else?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""What you guys are seeing now is probably what I've been seeing all of camp," coach Doug Marrone said, via ESPN. "Just a real steady, good football player. If there's something there, he's going to find it. He's not going to make mistakes and lose yardage for you, and [he's going to] try to keep the chains going. He's a tough runner".

“He’s a very poised individual, no-nonsense. He’s ready to go. We’ll see when Sunday hits, the first time we give him the ball, the first time there’s a third-and-1 or we have to get a yard. We’ll see how he does, but we have every indication that we’ve seen in training camp that he can handle it. He can handle the workload.

“He’s tough. He’s strong. He’s got great vision. He can explode through holes. We’ve been impressed with him. Unfortunately, we haven’t had the preseason games to really look at him in live situations. We’ve had a couple in practice but they’re still not the same, but I feel very confident in his demeanor and his approach to the game that he will be ready."

“I think he’s one of those guys to me, in my opinion, [that] probably has the best vision out of all of us and it’s been great to see a young guy like that be able to come in and be able to make the plays and hit the holes that he’s been able to hit. I’m excited.”=Chris Thompson

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like for a few years, he has 1 great half of the year, and one ehhhhh forgettable.....

but yeah i dont disagree with what you're saying. Wouldnt mind seeing them do well again.
This year there better not be any excuses from Russ. He "helped" hand pick his new OC so he'll get a taste of what the Rams run. Guys in motion, good amount of passing with a solid running game plan. He's one of the top QBs in this league, he really needs to step up and start making plays again when it really counts.