• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Robinson....

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......another great example of why ya don't need to spend a first pick on any running back, the cat was a stud and went undrafted, That small school trip which makes no sense at all, TONS of great players out of these Illinois State, Miami of Ohio, Marshall, Chattanooga, Furman, Coe, Kutztown State, Blufton etc etc.

If not for injury he would have been the leading rookie RB instead of Taylor, cat pretty much has it all, and how he went totally over looked, ????

Who is the Jags greatest RB, MJD?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea drafting a RB in the first round especially top 15ish or better is always pretty dumb imo

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea drafting a RB in the first round especially top 15ish or better is always pretty dumb imo

If a RB wins the Heisman and it's real obvious he is special (Barry Sanders) ok.......but other than that ya get RBs in that 2nd round, if building a team they are the last piece. Simply too many of them with serious skills, yep....dime a dozen.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Lee Hill was known as The Truck, he was a monster averagaing over 5 yards a carry between the tackles, he was a Chief, He was injured his senior season at Southern U, so he went undrafted. He signed on with the Chiefs as a roll the dice, well it came up a winner the guy was a bull, the hardest RB I have ever seen to tackle, it was as if somebody had said something about his mama, he ran angry. a pro bowler his rookie season, in his second season he would bang up a knee. He died on the operating table.

The next time you see Arrowhead Stadium check out their ring of honor, yep there he is Mack Lee Hill.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Robinson won me my fantasy football league last year taking him in the later rounds. I wish the NFL had a minor leagues system full of young undrafted players because I do believe over the years there could have been some awesome players had they had their opportunity. If Dwayne Johnson's league which will pay players can compete with college football give alternate means for players to play instead of going to school or undrafted players opportunities same with division II and III schools would be something I would watch.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few guys i think spending a high pick for is worth it. But the majority arent. Almost always prefer to get a guy round 2 on, or later. I can stomach second round.

Barkley, cmac, possibly zeke.

theres guys that ended up being that guy, henry, kamara, cook.... but they also show that you can find diamonds in the rough.

chubb, taylor, jones, antonio gibson,ekeler

the list goes on of high impact rb’s that were not first rounders.

i wish fans in pgh would get this.

oddly enough robinson replaced fournette. A #4 overall pick. A guy i couldnt wait to see in the nfl. Size, speed, receiving chops. Didnt he run a 4.4 with a bad hammy and in someone elses shoes or something like that at tje combine? At massive size.

hes just been a knucklehead and unmotivated his whole career

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few guys i think spending a high pick for is worth it. But the majority arent. Almost always prefer to get a guy round 2 on, or later. I can stomach second round.

Barkley, cmac, possibly zeke.

theres guys that ended up being that guy, henry, kamara, cook.... but they also show that you can find diamonds in the rough.

chubb, taylor, jones, antonio gibson,ekeler

the list goes on of high impact rb’s that were not first rounders.

i wish fans in pgh would get this.

Exactly.

If you want a special one sometimes you have to burn an early pick on them.

But you can find good and sometimes special ones later too. But like every other position, you are going to have more than your fair share of busts all over the draft board.

The days of RB's going top 10 aren't over.....but it is going to happen A LOT less often. But anyone suggesting that a team burning an early 2nd rounder on a prospect like Javonte Williams is wasting the pick because you can find RB's later is a simpleton who doesn't really understand the draft.

Very good RB's can lead teams still and make HUGE difference in the wins and losses columns. People who doubt that aren't paying enough attention to the league.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#RBsDontMatter

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

If you want a special one sometimes you have to burn an early pick on them.

But you can find good and sometimes special ones later too. But like every other position, you are going to have more than your fair share of busts all over the draft board.

The days of RB's going top 10 aren't over.....but it is going to happen A LOT less often. But anyone suggesting that a team burning an early 2nd rounder on a prospect like Javonte Williams is wasting the pick because you can find RB's later is a simpleton who doesn't really understand the draft.

Very good RB's can lead teams still and make HUGE difference in the wins and losses columns. People who doubt that aren't paying enough attention to the league.
I dont disagree. See the colts last year landing taylor round 2, ravens getting dobbins round 2.

I feel there is a big difference spending you round 1 pick on a RB vs your round 2 pick. Even if your pick as at the tail end of round 1.....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......another great example of why ya don't need to spend a first pick on any running back, the cat was a stud and went undrafted, That small school trip which makes no sense at all, TONS of great players out of these Illinois State, Miami of Ohio, Marshall, Chattanooga, Furman, Coe, Kutztown State, Blufton etc etc.

If not for injury he would have been the leading rookie RB instead of Taylor, cat pretty much has it all, and how he went totally over looked, ????

Who is the Jags greatest RB, MJD?

we will see what he does this season... when there is no pedigree, and players come out of nowhere, they may also be a one season wonder...

and a player like Robinson, who has yet to get his big pay check, and has no pedigree also has little ties to his team... so any struggle, may mean bench time... as the team doesn't need to PROVE that the player is any good...

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see what he does this season... when there is no pedigree, and players come out of nowhere, they may also be a one season wonder...

and a player like Robinson, who has yet to get his big pay check, and has no pedigree also has little ties to his team... so any struggle, may mean bench time... as the team doesn't need to PROVE that the player is any good...

The kid gained over 2400 yards his senior season of HS ball, had over 9000, yep 9000 yards his HS career, broke every record there was. How in the hell does anyone average over 2000 yards a season at any level of football, that is ridiculous.

Wilbert Montgomery Abilene Christian, Brian Westbrook Villanova, Chris Warren Furman, all those HBCU guys like Walter Payton, Ollie Matson U of San Francisco, Mercury Morris West Texas State, Abner Haynes North Texas State and on and on, hell rookie of the year Carl Garrett out of New Mexico Highlands, all proving where you went to school not a factor. And as we know a running back can step right in and take off day one of an NFL career.

I expect to see Robinson have a 1500 yard season in 2021 and be among the 3/4 best RB's in football for awhile.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid gained over 2400 yards his senior season of HS ball, had over 9000, yep 9000 yards his HS career, broke every record there was. How in the hell does anyone average over 2000 yards a season at any level of football, that is ridiculous.

Wilbert Montgomery Abilene Christian, Brian Westbrook Villanova, Chris Warren Furman, all those HBCU guys like Walter Payton, Ollie Matson U of San Francisco, Mercury Morris West Texas State, Abner Haynes North Texas State and on and on, hell rookie of the year Carl Garrett out of New Mexico Highlands, all proving where you went to school not a factor. And as we know a running back can step right in and take off day one of an NFL career.

I expect to see Robinson have a 1500 yard season in 2021 and be among the 3/4 best RB's in football for awhile.

you can expect anything... and you may be right... nobody is saying he will have a bad season... just saying since the team has nothing invested in him, he may have a shorter leash than other backs...

we will see... but these type of players can not afford slow starts... they become forgotten faster than other players...

I mean, in fantasy football, anyone drafting Robinson as a top 12 running back would be foolish... probably even top 20 back...

I know you are not asking about fantasy... But fantasy is a great gauge on a players value...

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can expect anything... and you may be right... nobody is saying he will have a bad season... just saying since the team has nothing invested in him, he may have a shorter leash than other backs...

we will see... but these type of players can not afford slow starts... they become forgotten faster than other players...

I mean, in fantasy football, anyone drafting Robinson as a top 12 running back would be foolish... probably even top 20 back...

I know you are not asking about fantasy... But fantasy is a great gauge on a players value...

Total monstrosity in high school, great college career, over a 1000 yards as an NFL rookie despite missing a couple games due to injury, I see no reason to think anything is going to change, cat is simply a stud.

In his last nine years of football he has gained over 14, 000 yards rushing,,,,,Damn!!!!

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree. See the colts last year landing taylor round 2, ravens getting dobbins round 2.

I feel there is a big difference spending you round 1 pick on a RB vs your round 2 pick. Even if your pick as at the tail end of round 1.....
I wasn't a fan of the Penny pick in round 1 but I do get why Seattle did it. Sucks the dude can't stay healthy.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a fan of the Penny pick in round 1 but I do get why Seattle did it. Sucks the dude can't stay healthy.

Penny had over 3000 yards rushing, averaged 7.6 and scored 34td in his last two seasons at San Diego State, guy even returned kickoffs, what is not to like?

Disregard, you are talking as a 1st rounder, ok I agree,

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. But he produces. Was a workhorse. Showed enough pre season to let fournette go. They believe.
Yeah. I wasnt a fan. Not a great rb class. Chubb (besides barkley)was the prize but injury concerns.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But he produces. Was a workhorse. Showed enough pre season to let fournette go. They believe.

Yeah. I wasnt a fan. Not a great rb class. Chubb (besides barkley)was the prize but injury concerns.

not really true... or maybe it is... But preseason last year nobody though James Robinson was going to be the Jags RB1....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really true... or maybe it is... But preseason last year nobody though James Robinson was going to be the Jags RB1....
No. Not at the start, they absolutely didnt. But between his college film, and wht he showed in house, they were Sold. Look up some stuff on it. They internally thought he was special and they found a diamond. So much so they cut fournette, and then he rewarded that belief.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was great for my fantasy team last year that’s for sure. 1414 scrimmage yards at just under 5 yards per touch and 10 total tds is a solid season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was an unfortunate reach but that year Seattle didn't have a second rounder so they didn't have a choice.