• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've seen all i need to see of Martin

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he sucks

he had his moments in the minors, but ultimately was average. He has better stuff than guys like Pettibone and Cloyd but...........meh. Pass. Him and Kendrick ive seen enough of. Primarily because Kendrick at 5-6 million? no thanks

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After roughly five starts? Really?

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roughly 5 starts?

ok......only tonight was his 7th. But again, I also mentioned that he was fairly underwhelming in the minors. When he is on, he is good, but theres really nothing to see here but a potentially #4 starter at best. Hes basically another Kendrick

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh OK, the two extra starts lets you evaluate Martin's future. Makes sense.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks champ

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catfish Hunter rookie season (1965)- 20 GS 8-8 4.26 ERA
Curt Schilling rookie season (1988)- 4 GS 0-3 9.82 ERA
Jim Bunning rookie season (1955)- 8 GS 3-5 6.35 ERA
Tom Glavine rookie season (1987)- 9 GS 2-4 5.54 ERA

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for reminding me why I hardly ever post here, just more ESPN board super fan drivel

Schilling was thought of as a reliever, before he came to Philly

Glavine had an era just over 3.00 in the minors, plus he was a lefty, you just knew he was gonna be really good

Hunter started in the big leagues right from the getgo, and still was pretty good

"If he does stick, he’s a back-end starter. In the bullpen, he’s a potential eighth-inning arm with an outside shot to close."

but hey, if you want to sit there and tell me hes gonna slide right in after Lee and Hamels as the teams #3, or even #4, and are perfectly fine with "just ok", be my guest. Theres better out there and even in the Phillies' own farm system. To me, he is nothing but a stopgap to something better

everything I've seen from you on this board, id swear you were that PhillyChamps guy

Last edited by a moderator:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for reminding me why I hardly ever post here, just more ESPN board super fan drivel

Glavine had an era just over 3.00 in the minors, plus he was a lefty, you just knew he was gonna be really good

Hunter started in the big leagues right from the getgo, and still was pretty good

"If he does stick, he’s a back-end starter. In the bullpen, he’s a potential eighth-inning arm with an outside shot to close."

but hey, if you want to sit there and tell me hes gonna slide right in after Lee and Hamels as the teams #3, or even #4, and are perfectly fine with "just ok", be my guest. Theres better out there and even in the Phillies' own farm system. To me, he is nothing but a stopgap to something better

everything I've seen from you on this board, id swear you were that PhillyChamps guy

You are such a fucking dumb ass. You don't post here because you don't know shit about baseball and you have nothing of meaning to add. I just listed 4 Hall of Fame/borderline Hall of Fame pitchers who all had bad starts to their careers. I'm sorry, but you are fucking retarded if you think we should give up on a player after seven games. Seven games! You've got to be kidding me. So many things are stupid in your above post, I can't believe I am taking out the time to point them out. Schilling was a starter in his first year in the big leagues, and did not pitch well in the small sample size of the games he pitched in. "Glavine was a lefty, you just knew he was gonna be really good." What??? So because a pitcher is left handed he is going to be good? Ethan Martin had a great 2012, and a decent 2013 in the minors. No, I don't think he will ever be a number one, but a number two on a team? Definitely. Lack of control can be fixed a hell of a lot easier than a lack of velocity or outpitches.

Furthermore, aren't you a D-Backs fan? Go to their board and troll them.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The fuck is up BPNAZ's ass?

Martin might suck. I don't know. But, claiming you've "seen enough" out of someone after 30 innings is just as retarded as "super fan drivel."

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck is up BPNAZ's ass?

Martin might suck. I don't know. But, claiming you've "seen enough" out of someone after 30 innings is just as retarded as "super fan drivel."

as always Caligula, you're full of class

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want to pick up guys like Josh Johnson......think Martin will exceed every expectation mentioned of him

thank GOD you're not a GM

Every bit of report on Martin and everything we've seen and posted just like this

http://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-phillies-nats-0903-20130903,0,5362289.story

suggests Martin might be better longterm as a setup guy, maybe even a really good closer, something this team might need if they deal Papelbon

Diekman in the 8th, Martin as a closer. Many could live with that

You really think the Dodgers were just going to give away Ethan Martin for a rental in Shane Victorino if they thought he would eventually be a top of the rotation guy for 6-10 years?

Last edited by a moderator:

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

let's not forget that absolutely awful jackie robinson thread that he carried on about.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys, chill out, someone tell a fart joke & laugh then lets all hug it out bitches!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, every scout in the world begs Martin as a #4 at best, but apparently you know it all and he will "definitely" be a number 2

I love how the truth pisses you off so much. LOL at calling me a troll? Yet your the one that makes threads like this

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...unk-ass-nationals-choke-away-another-one.html

get a grip, and/or kiss my ass

It's not trolling when I write shit about other teams on my own board. And I never said he will "definitely" be a number two. I said it's definitely possible. Get lost.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
not really

No, saying a pitcher is done after 30 innings IS retarded. This is a factual statement. The pitcher might suck. But, 30 innings is a ridiculously short amount of time to make a judgement.

There are TONS of players that have struggled at the start of their career.

Remember when everyone was "done with Brown" and declared him a "bust?"

Yeah. Retarded.

Stop being a reactionary ass.