• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its been a great season boys!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, another season wraps up and what have we learned. I full expect us to lose after this embarrassing effort shown in game 1. Our fearless manager does the exact same thing he did last year in Game 1 with pulling Kershaw for Baez and the same thing happens.

Our team is just not built for the post season as I have said the entire year. Mattingly is not worth a darn as a manager and can't coach small ball (why wasn't Turner bunted over with his double). Why is Puig and Hernandez not starting tonight? A 90% Puig is better than Crawford at 100%. These are common sense moves that have to be made. Why did Greinke not get Game 1 either? He is our best pitcher this year.

Yes, we had injuries but those are apart of the game. Things we need to address in the offseason.

1. What will the rotation look like? Greinke is a must and I think we get it done quickly. If so, we have Kersh, Greinke, Ryu and Wood for sure. We can get Anderson back or look elsewhere. We need to lock down the rotation. McCarthy wont be back till June at the earliest. Mike Leake might be an option or we can roll with Bolsinger till McCarthy is back. At any rate, we need 2 starting pitchers and Urias isn't ready.

2. Address the bullpen. We need at least two arms in there for sure with one being a reliable set up man. No need to go over the reason why we need bullpen help.

3. Fill in the gaps with the offense. Kendrick should be back so the infield will be set. The outfield is a jam. We need to find a way to unload Crawford. That leaves Either, Hernandez, Joc and Puig. A healthy Puig should help for sure but I am not sure Either is the answer. We might look at trades as nobody is ready in the Minors yet.

Lastly, we need a new manager. This has been beat to death but its obvious that Mattingly isn't the answer here. I hope we have a better 2016 with the draft, developing players in our farm and stay aggressive in International signings. Too bad Eddy Julio Martinez wont be playing for LA. Bad move in not signing him I feel.

Thoughts??

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season's not over. Keep the hell up.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the game and deGROM was sensational. Kershaw pitched fantastic as well, but that 7th inning fatigue took hold and we had to go to the awful 'pen. Thing is, everyone skewered Mattingly for not yanking Kershaw and now he yanks him and people are still pissed. That's life as a manager, can't win unless you win.

The biggest flop was walking Tejada. Can't do that. Just can't.

Better team won. There was no surprise last night as the Dodgers and Keeshaw are 0-5 in his last 5 playoff starts. WOW. If you can't win with Kershaw in the playoffs, I got nothing for you to suggest otherwise.

This team is probably another two years away. Seager is awesome, need some bullpen depth and a backend. For now, they probably win tomorrow and maybe, maybe force a game 5 where anything can happen.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the game and deGROM was sensational. Kershaw pitched fantastic as well, but that 7th inning fatigue took hold and we had to go to the awful 'pen. Thing is, everyone skewered Mattingly for not yanking Kershaw and now he yanks him and people are still pissed. That's life as a manager, can't win unless you win.

Better team won. There was no surprise last night as the Dodgers and Keeshaw are 0-5 in his last 5 playoff starts. WOW. If you can't win with Kershaw in the playoffs, I got nothing for you to suggest otherwise.

This team is probably another two years away. Seager is awesome, need some bullpen depth and a backend. For now, they probably win tomorrow and maybe, maybe force a game 5 where anything can happen.

I agree with everything you said. You can clearly see when Kershaw is done. Tip your cap to the Mets for coming out and executing.

I agree that the future is bright and we are creeping in the right direction. Hopefully our farm players (Urias, De Leon, Verdugo and Holmes) all develop and we are ready in a few years to do more damage. Good perspective.

Go Dodgers!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you said. You can clearly see when Kershaw is done. Tip your cap to the Mets for coming out and executing.

I agree that the future is bright and we are creeping in the right direction. Hopefully our farm players (Urias, De Leon, Verdugo and Holmes) all develop and we are ready in a few years to do more damage. Good perspective

Go Dodgers!

While I might not agree with everything you say, I will admit that Villian is a Pudd!

He marks your posts as BS, yet gives you no reason why he thinks that? Bottom line is if you don't see things his way, you are wrong, if you don't judge things by saber metrics or any new metric system you are wrong, as I said he is a Pudd!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team is probably another two years away. Seager is awesome, need some bullpen depth and a backend. For now, they
probably win tomorrow and maybe, maybe force a game 5 where anything can happen.

I agree the Mets did play better, our offense is nothing special, we have proved that all year, we hit a lot of HR's, but seems that the offense just disappears quite often!
I had no problem leaving Kershaw in last year, I do have a problem with Mattingly pulling him the other night and all year he has done it. It does seem that Kershaw gets a little fatigued in the later innings, you can't walk guys, let alone 3 to load the bases, the last one was a borderline pitch that Kershaw didn't get. The umps strike zone was atrocious that night, it was consistent and fair on both sides, but it was bad!
That being said, Kershaw and Greinke are your best pitchers, the game was going to be won or lost in that bases loaded situation the other night, I'd rather win or lose it with Kershaw, he is better than anyone you can bring in, PERIOD!

As they say, go with what got you there, you can't "hope" that "maybe" some lesser option is going to do it for you?

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donnie Dum Dum has to go.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players had chances and failed. Donnie had no bat in his hand. He managed a very good NLDS. Players failed in money time

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players had chances and failed. Donnie had no bat in his hand. He managed a very good NLDS. Players failed in money time
No he did not manage a good NLCS. He couldn't manage his way out of a phone booth. Any so called Dodgers fan wanting to even think about keeping Donnie around is NOT A DODGERS FAN! This team wont win a damn thing under Donnie. And don't give me the NL West crap. That means nothing. The team was pathetic. But Donnie has been the constant idiot who has been on staff for every playoff failure since 2008. None of the players respect Donnie. It's time for a change!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he did not manage a good NLCS. He couldn't manage his way out of a phone booth. Any so called Dodgers fan wanting to even think about keeping Donnie around is NOT A DODGERS FAN! This team wont win a damn thing under Donnie. And don't give me the NL West crap. That means nothing. The team was pathetic. But Donnie has been the constant idiot who has been on staff for every playoff failure since 2008. None of the players respect Donnie. It's time for a change!

Well lets see.... he managed to get 4 effective starts in the NLDS from his top two starting pitchers. His bullpen, aside from game 1 and one pitch, was effective. And the lineup was 2 of 13 with RISP. What more can a manager manage? The team had opportunities and failed to convert. He played his chips and they did not execute.

You did not state one notable incident where Mattingly made the wrong call or failed during the NLDS. His bullpen was a dumpster fire for most of the second half and he managed to to bridge the gap to Jansen. Furthermore, he stretched Jansen in Game 4 very well. Mattingly put his players in with all of the chances in the world to succeed and they failed.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can't pitch, field and hit.... The Players lost this series, not him.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I k

he use to be able to hit and field pretty well:), and it's true with any manager, they sink or swim with their players, but I still don't think he's a very good manager!

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets see.... he managed to get 4 effective starts in the NLDS from his top two starting pitchers. His bullpen, aside from game 1 and one pitch, was effective. And the lineup was 2 of 13 with RISP. What more can a manager manage? The team had opportunities and failed to convert. He played his chips and they did not execute.

You did not state one notable incident where Mattingly made the wrong call or failed during the NLDS. His bullpen was a dumpster fire for most of the second half and he managed to to bridge the gap to Jansen. Furthermore, he stretched Jansen in Game 4 very well. Mattingly put his players in with all of the chances in the world to succeed and they failed.
I think you just like to argue for the sake of nothing. Donnie is a terrible manager. Everyone knows it. Game 1 he takes Kershaw out and brings in Baez. Kershaw should have pitched to David Wright. He would most likely have retired Wright and the Dodgers would have tied it up later and maybe won it. Last night, he should have left Joc in there to hit. We needed a baserunner or a homer. Joc had 2 walks so we know he can get on. And Joc had 29 homers to Utley's 8, so he would have been more likely to homer than Utley. And hitting Ellis there was stupid. I also blame Donnie for not having an answer to the shift where Murphy took an extra base.

3 NL West titles in a row with the HIGHEST PAYROLL in baseball and ZERO trips to the WORLD SERIES.

DEFEND THAT!

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players did lose the series and Mattingly didn't help. He's a terrible manager who will never even manage in a World Series let alone win one. The guy is a dope. Let him go manage a team no one cares about, not a team like the Dodgers.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players did lose the series and Mattingly didn't help. He's a terrible manager who will never even manage in a World Series let alone win one. The guy is a dope. Let him go manage a team no one cares about, not a team like the Dodgers.

he didn't also let Murphy walk into 3rd base on a walk

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm curious to hear who they would hire as a replacement, right now our best choices are Ozzie Guillen and Dusty Baker.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had to prepare his team to be ready for that possibility. The end result was very deflating!

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers now tie a MLB record. This was their ninth straight postseason appearance without reaching a World Series.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those might be the 2 worst choices ever. Wash your mouth out.

That's what I'm saying, none of the managers available right now are arguably better than Mattingly.