• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's 2019 and the Browns still suck!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair they were a few plays from a super bowl.... 30 years ago

One playoff win since though. That's fucking incredible.

Very true. Shit I know people back home in NE Ohio that still hate Elway because of those two games. I tell them to get over it.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy shit I didn't even realize that was Mayfield. Dude looks like the mascot for the sex offenders registry.

Baker in another 1.5 years:

giphy.gif

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pitty the fools who though the Browns were Super Bowl Favorites, just because they finally won a game last season, and then loaded up on talent!

giphy.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting ready to boil over...on the 4th down play near the end...Mayfield had OBJ one on one (and he had his man beat)….and he chose the shorter pass...incomplete.

Considering that may have been the #1 read (just get the 1st down) on the play...I have to cut him a little slack on that one play but the sideline reporter said that OBJ told him the ball is not coming my way or something to the effect. I expect more on this during the week.
OBJ definitely does not get enough targets....especially in red zone (heard there were 100 guys with more, including Demetrious Harris).

However, that 4th and 4 is a little overblown. First, you are right, with so much time left goal is get the 1st down. Someone ran wrong route, as Harris was in the same area as Landry, with his man coming to help. Second, that ball came out in, what, 1.5 seconds? Quite likely OBJ came open AFTER the throw.

Want to tell me they should have instead have OBJ run a safe sideline route (that had worked a few times already)? That I can buy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shots fired
haha...isn't to say I want either, my friend.

But my God.....with Campbell and Gradkowski at QB, Heyward-Bey, Louis Murphy and Jacoby Ford as his WRs and Kamerion Wimbley as his top sack guy the raiders went 8-8 with the guy. And we are 2-6? Yikes.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ definitely does not get enough targets....especially in red zone (heard there were 100 guys with more, including Demetrious Harris).

However, that 4th and 4 is a little overblown. First, you are right, with so much time left goal is get the 1st down. Someone ran wrong route, as Harris was in the same area as Landry, with his man coming to help. Second, that ball came out in, what, 1.5 seconds? Quite likely OBJ came open AFTER the throw.

Want to tell me they should have instead have OBJ run a safe sideline route (that had worked a few times already)? That I can buy.

How it all played out is how it played out at this point.

I think a more experienced QB sees one of is top WRs in one on one coverage presnap and lays it out there for him to go get the 6.

Safe to say Baker is not there yet, which I think is fair for a 2nd yr player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How it all played out is how it played out at this point.

I think a more experienced QB sees one of is top WRs in one on one coverage presnap and lays it out there for him to go get the 6.

Safe to say Baker is not there yet, which I think is fair for a 2nd yr player.
And if he misses then the complaint is why go deep with so much time left and only needing 4 yards.

He isn't there yet, but not because of that play IMO.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he misses then the complaint is why go deep with so much time left and only needing 4 yards.

He isn't there yet, but not because of that play IMO.

There are no guarantees either way we spin it...Needed 6 to win...that play potentially gives them 6.

I do think that play is part of his development...this time next year I would expect him to see his top WR in one on one coverage and give him a chance to win the game for you...that’s why he’s getting the big bucks.

Now that said, I did say at the outset...maybe the play call was the short pass to get the first and he was simply doing as he was told.

I’m not trying to kill the kid over it but when you’re the #1 overall...these things stick out a little more.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no guarantees either way we spin it...Needed 6 to win...that play potentially gives them 6.

I do think that play is part of his development...this time next year I would expect him to see his top WR in one on one coverage and give him a chance to win the game for you...that’s why he’s getting the big bucks.

Now that said, I did say at the outset...maybe the play call was the short pass to get the first and he was simply doing as he was told.

I’m not trying to kill the kid over it but when you’re the #1 overall...these things stick out a little more.
For me, with single coverage in that situation I'd rather OBJ run an easy out which he had done successfully a few times already and be the primary target.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, with single coverage in that situation I'd rather OBJ run an easy out which he had done successfully a few times already and be the primary target.

That’s a different conversation, but targeting Landry or OBJ on a pattern such as the one you mentioned would be ideal if the goal was get the first on that play.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were winning with their interim head coach.

They couldn't stand the prosperity.

So were the KC Chiefs in 2011 with Crennel, including giving the Packers their only loss. That didn't turn out well. Winning with interim coaches don't turn out well long term.