• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It has been reported that the Raiders have released Fynn should we get him back?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only if we could get him on the cheap...very cheap.

I think Flynn knows the offense extremely well and would be valuable to the organization but his value isnt worth jeopardizing any of the future plans this team has...

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he still wants to start. There are 3-4 other teams that could still use a qb right now. Buffalo, the Texans :) etc. Even the Vikings have 3 inept qb's, why not add a 4th? He'd be everything they have now, maybe more. with GB he has no chance other than if Rodgers is out and done and then it's only short term till he gets back. There is no possibility here other than under a worst case scenario because Rodgers will be the man for the rest of Flynn's prime playing years and he knows that. There might be a time when that's ok for him, but for now I bet he wants to see if HE can be the guy and make it. Right now i bet he feels like he hasn't gotten a fair shake at either Seattle or the Raiders.

with both the connections to those teams and the Packers he was released this last time out of respect and knowing he wasn't going to be the guy and Pryor was it going forward. OR he wasn't quite the team player in which case do we want him back anyway? I think McKenzie is a pretty smart football guy. Flynn was released to go find his shot, or because he was never going to make it. Neither situation points to him coming back here.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he still wants to start. There are 3-4 other teams that could still use a qb right now. Buffalo, the Texans :) etc. Even the Vikings have 3 inept qb's, why not add a 4th? He'd be everything they have now, maybe more. with GB he has no chance other than if Rodgers is out and done and then it's only short term till he gets back. There is no possibility here other than under a worst case scenario because Rodgers will be the man for the rest of Flynn's prime playing years and he knows that. There might be a time when that's ok for him, but for now I bet he wants to see if HE can be the guy and make it. Right now i bet he feels like he hasn't gotten a fair shake at either Seattle or the Raiders.

with both the connections to those teams and the Packers he was released this last time out of respect and knowing he wasn't going to be the guy and Pryor was it going forward. OR he wasn't quite the team player in which case do we want him back anyway? I think McKenzie is a pretty smart football guy. Flynn was released to go find his shot, or because he was never going to make it. Neither situation points to him coming back here.

I think we should take the "leave the light on for ya" approach, and let him decide if he think's he's still starter worthy material. If he thinks he still has a shot to be a starter, then go for it. If not, and nobody wants him, bring him back on the cheap. He doesn't need the money now anyways. In just a little over a year since he left GB to take his shot, he's made a pile of money, had his kicks, and so now it's back to reality. He can bring his pile of money - and his hot wife - back to GB and live happily ever after.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3