• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Miami the next NCAA target? Looks like it...

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm all for anything they want to dish to them, EXCEPT a tv ban...that would hurt too many other schools

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. A death penalty would impact the schedules a lot. What implications would that have on the conference championship game eligibility?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody made a good point on another site I read. When Baylor's basketball program got hammered a few years ago, the NCAA took away non-conference games for a year or two. This does a couple of things. It doesn't hurt the other teams from your conference, but it would make the offending team take a big hit in both revenues and exposure. The NCAA may very well impose this on Miami as part of their punishment.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know when the other school news will come out officially but if I can get some sort of go ahead or confirmation you will know well before it breaks.

It is bigger in the sense that the combination of the allegations and the name recognition of the team is bigger (at least to me). It does not mean the crimes were worse. He'll, from an NCAA standpoint, the UNC stuff is worse. Cheating and agent contact supersedes partying. Cheating can get you kicked out of school. None ofthr stuff that the Miami players did can, that I know of.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prostitutes might be frowned upon greatly.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i ever get filthy rich...im going to become a booster for UVA...and walk in yelling whores and abortions for everyone!! you get a whore, and you get a whore, and you get a whore....you get an abortion.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i ever get filthy rich...im going to become a booster for UVA...and walk in yelling whores and abortions for everyone!! you get a whore, and you get a whore, and you get a whore....you get an abortion.

That wouldn't work...unless they were prostitutes from Club 216
:rofl:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know when the other school news will come out officially but if I can get some sort of go ahead or confirmation you will know well before it breaks.

It is bigger in the sense that the combination of the allegations and the name recognition of the team is bigger (at least to me). It does not mean the crimes were worse. He'll, from an NCAA standpoint, the UNC stuff is worse. Cheating and agent contact supersedes partying. Cheating can get you kicked out of school. None ofthr stuff that the Miami players did can, that I know of.
Unless you spin it to show that the person paying for all of the partying is an agent runner ;)

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

46 you dont have to answer this if you dont want to, but is it Notre Dame??? At one time (right before the carolina thing broke) i was hearing a lot about ND, some of what i was hearing was from people "in the know" some from friends and message board rumblings. I never really heard much more than rumblings (because UNC/OHst) were dominating most discussions, but i've always kinda kept ND in the back of my mind.

FWIW other possible schools i've heard about are TX, BAMA, and Cal.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Within the next couple of months look for a huge investigative piece by Yahoo or Sports By Brooks (likely both) to come out regarding multiple major violations by the University of Alabama under Nick Saban's watch. I do not know who you will hear from first, the NCAA themselves or these reports, but it is coming soon. Follow Yahoo and SBB as it comes out.

There you go.....

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Within the next couple of months look for a huge investigative piece by Yahoo or Sports By Brooks (likely both) to come out regarding multiple major violations by the University of Alabama under Nick Saban's watch. I do not know who you will hear from first, the NCAA themselves or these reports, but it is coming soon. Follow Yahoo and SBB as it comes out.

There you go.....

So I was right all along!!!

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There you go.....

They will probably wait until after bowl season to break the story....and give Saban time to have his fairwell ceremony as he bolts for the NFL.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46...how would you know the level of violations if the story hasn't broke yet? Hard to imagine anything close to this Miami fiasco.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46...how would you know the level of violations if the story hasn't broke yet? Hard to imagine anything close to this Miami fiasco.

I know what they are being accused of, and what is being discussed. It falls under the "major violation" parameters and involves multiple periods and years. It may not have the same shock value of the Miami thing, but it will end up as bad. Bama falls under the repeat violator clause as well, I believe.