• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Miami the next NCAA target? Looks like it...

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wonder Randy Shannon was bringing in great recruiting classes with no results. They were out on a private booze cruise

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we the only legit program out there?

I desperately hope so.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, who did not see this coming?

Me. They suck... and they have WAY more selling points than you need to bring in a top-5 class. History (albeit shady), national attention, the S-word at every broadcast, South Beach (yes, not ON campus, but pretty damn close) and a stone's throw away from some of the best sports science and football training in the country.

Why would they need to offer anything more?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Me. They suck... and they have WAY more selling points than you need to bring in a top-5 class. History (albeit shady), national attention, the S-word at every broadcast, South Beach (yes, not ON campus, but pretty damn close) and a stone's throw away from some of the best sports science and football training in the country.

Why would they need to offer anything more?
Miami has ALWAYS offered more to their players than what is allowed, history shows that they are shady....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
el oh el @ failures.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami has ALWAYS offered more to their players than what is allowed, history shows that they are shady....

I know... but, silly me, I thought Shannon was above that and their admin had learned from their shady mistakes.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players - Investigations - Yahoo! Sports

BOOM!!

This is a MAJOR story, at least equivalent to any we've seen over the past few years.

Tweets from the author:

CharlesRobinson Charles Robinson
Seven former coaches and three support staff either witnessed, had knowledge or participated in Shapiro committing NCAA violations.
2 hours ago
»
We have corroborating sources, either human, document or photographic, on at least 72 Miami players or former recruits receiving benefits.
2 hours ago
»
Nine former UM players or recruits and one former UM coach corroborated portions of Nevin Shapiro's accounts of rule breaking.
2 hours ago
»
We audited over 20,000 of Shapiro's business docs, multiple years of credit card bills, 5,000 pages of cell bills and over 1,000 photos.
2 hours ago
»
We will have individual player pages on every player named in the story. They are coming as we speak.
2 hours ago
»
11-month investigation into the University of Miami and booster Nevin Shapiro. "Thousands" of illicit benefits.
2 hours ago

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we know why Tyrone Moss went to Miami instead of VT.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes 1/4 of the ACC being investigated within the past year? And both UNC and Miami seem to be rather major? Just makes me thankful Beamer's been around for 25 years now and has run a clean ship.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL!!!

VTVOICE Bill Roth
Maybe the gang from CSI-Miami will serve as broadcast crew for the Ohio State-'Canes game on 9/17. David Caruso ... sideline reporter?
27 minutes ago

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes 1/4 of the ACC being investigated within the past year? And both UNC and Miami seem to be rather major? Just makes me thankful Beamer's been around for 25 years now and has run a clean ship.

Makes you appreciate the job Beamer has done even more. Even with two of the dirtiest programs in the country inside VT's own division with Da U and UNC, and throw in GT for good measure, we still absolutely own the ACC. And to think we were a dropped 2-point conversion away from beating the highest paid team in football in 2001...and that was with Grant Noel throwing more passes to the other team than his own that day.

By the way, the Tyrone Moss mention earlier for those who may not know was a UM running back that favored VT early in the process, even that he was from Florida and one of the top backs in the country. He ended up at Miami, and if you read the article, you can see he was paid $1,000 on a recruiting trip plus other benefits. Sickening. But in the end, he didn't do much while we just plugged away with guys like Humes, Imoh, Ore, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe we should go to the SEC where the league is not so dirty. Geez, who thought anybody would ever say something like that?

_clemscott_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Miama sounded like one helluva place to go to school IMO......

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, this can't hurt with Donaldven Manning